• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Question list for the first Kidani guests, now with answers!

I haven't read the entire thread yet, but I did go back six pages or so and didn't see it, so I apologize if this is a repeat question... has there been an activity sheet posted anywhere yet? TIA

I think I may have seen one back a few pages.....but here's one I snapped on May 9. It was posted in a common hallway near the library if it gives you a little idea of what was offered :

IMG_2734.jpg

Maria

I forgot to mention that package pickup is filtered through Jambo and someone has to go to Jambo to get packages at least once a day so don't expect anything really early in the morning. You can go to Jambo and get your stuff providing it's not in transit just have your green sheet with you.

They also ran out of Kidani shirts at least twice so far so if you see it and want it, buy it on the spot.

I know there was a ton of other stuff, I just can't remember it now...

Oh, the thermostat override!

This DOES work but it still will not go below 68 without overriding that setting. You can override that too, but I don't know which param number it is.

Press/hold F/C
Hit off/auto (don't hold it)
Hit display (don't hold it)
Release the F/C button
"PAR" will display
Up or down arrow to 24
Hit off/auto
Shows current low temp #
Hit up down arrows to display desired temp
Hit F/C again

I did not come up with this on my own, it was posted elsewhere and I used it successfully.

HA 2nd floor room pics:

kid1.jpg

kid2.jpg

kid3.jpg

kid4.jpg

kid6.jpg

kid7.jpg

kid8.jpg

kid9.jpg

Here you can see what I mean about the lights being on at night. This was at about 10:30. None of these rooms were occupied. Sorry about the bad stitch job ;)
kid5.jpg

With the HA 2br units, is the entire unit HA? Are they all dedicated 2brs OR does a HA 2br consist of a HA 1br plus a HA studio or a HA 1br plus a non-HA studio?

I forgot to mention that package pickup is filtered through Jambo and
someone has to go to Jambo to get packages at least once a day so don't expect anything really early in the morning. You can go to Jambo and get your stuff providing it's not in transit just have your green sheet with you.

actually this isn't true.....You have to write on you green sheet when you buy the stuff next to where it says AKL "Johari" at Kidani and they will send it to Johari. I did this while I was there. Not everyshop is aware of it..so if you handwrite it on yourself...it will go right to Johari. :teeth:

I know it will be on the new savanna but we would love it see it when we go in July...Has anyone spotted it?

With the HA 2br units, is the entire unit HA? Are they all dedicated 2brs OR does a HA 2br consist of a HA 1br plus a HA studio or a HA 1br plus a non-HA studio?

Ours was a lockoff and both sides were HA. As stated before, the studio side bathroom door is sliding and does not close all the way or secure shut at all. Not the greatest privacy item.

Any update about how to override the thermostat? A search only pulled up this thread, and I don't see an answer on the first page.

Any update about how to override the thermostat? A search only pulled up this thread, and I don't see an answer on the first page.

Hi friend! I really shouldn't be telling you this because I wish I were there with you guys, cold temperatures and all, but here's the "cheat code" I had put on our itinerary from Oct.

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it stays at that temp. You might have to do this once a day if the thermostat re-sets after 24 hours.

Oh, and I'm not stalking you, but Corey and I were talking about 2011, and I told him I thought you were staying at VWL, so I had to double check your signature to see if I was right (so I guess that is kinda stalkerish)

Hi friend! I really shouldn't be telling you this because I wish I were there with you guys, cold temperatures and all, but here's the "cheat code" I had put on our itinerary from Oct.

On the thermostat, push the power button and the down arrow (button that adjusts the temp) at the exact same time. If you do this correctly, you will see the letters "bp" where the temp normally shows. You are now bypassing the sensors in the room. You can then set the temp to whatever you want and it stays at that temp. You might have to do this once a day if the thermostat re-sets after 24 hours.

Oh, and I'm not stalking you, but Corey and I were talking about 2011, and I told him I thought you were staying at VWL, so I had to double check your signature to see if I was right (so I guess that is kinda stalkerish)

Thanks J, but it didn't work. It beeped a lot while Tom was holding down the buttons, but didn't do anything otherwise.

And yeah, stalker, we plan on staying at VWL next year ;)

Thanks J, but it didn't work. It beeped a lot while Tom was holding down the buttons, but didn't do anything otherwise.
I have seen reports that the thermostats at AKV are different from the ones used in other DVC resorts. The directions given here will not work on AKV thermostats.

Give maintenance a call. They will send someone to your room to fix the problem. And pay attention to what they do to the thermostat. I believe that most/all of the thermostat override instructions were passed on from maintenance to guests when they came to a guest's room to override the thermostat for them.

We had a big problem with the temp in the room this past November trip to Kidani...Every night after a few hours of sleeping the room became very warm...To the point where I would have to get up and walk across the room to reactivate the air...Now I am not a person that runs warm and I tend to like a room to feel warm but the heat woke me up every night...I tried doing the override but it did not work.

We had a big problem with the temp in the room this past November trip to Kidani...Every night after a few hours of sleeping the room became very warm...To the point where I would have to get up and walk across the room to reactivate the air...Now I am not a person that runs warm and I tend to like a room to feel warm but the heat woke me up every night...I tried doing the override but it did not work.
It was the same for us in September. I don't mind the air shutting off when we're not in the room, but when it shuts off while you're sleeping? Ugh.

HI Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone has stayed in the value one bedroom? Can you request a savannah view when booking the value one bedroom....I know at Jambo there are some savannah views for value. Does the Kidani 1 BR sleep 5 people? Also wondering about the size difference...is it much smaller than the standard?? I'm booking a trip for the week of xmas so want to try to conserve points! Thanks for any info or pictures you might have :)

The value rooms are in Jambo, none in Kidani. We had a standard 2BR in Kidani that was a parking lot/road view but for us it was worth the savings in points. You can ask for the savannah view if you book a value but there's no guarantee that you'll get it--that's why they're charging the value rate.

The Kidani 1 BR have the sleeper chair so sleep 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter