Question list for the first Kidani guests, now with answers!

We'll be driving down in a conversion van in July. Will we be able to park in the underground? Or should we just use valet? Where is the parking for RV; that would probably be a good indication of where we'd have to park. Thanks.

56 days! Can't wait.

Katy

The oversized vehicle/ RV parking is in the lot to the right before you go down into the parking garage enterance. I couldn't figure out exactly where they park the valet parked cars.

The oversized vehicle/ RV parking is in the lot to the right before you go down into the parking garage entrance. I couldn't figure out exactly where they park the valet parked cars.
The valet lot is in front of the building behind (and on the level below) the bus stop area. It has a gated entrance and numbered parking spaces (1-86 I think).

ETA: Looking at the resort map: http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/3780/kindanivillagemap.jpg the valet lot is located in front of the south wing building segments 2, 3 and 4 (with #1 being the one closest to the lobby). It starts just behind the bus stop and extends to the main entrance to the under-building parking area.

I don't know whether this has been mentioned yet but I was at Kidani today for lunch at Sanaa... which was very good, btw:thumbsup2... but had an issue getting to the lower level. Sanaa is on the 1st floor and the lobby is on the second floor so you need to go down a floor. Not an issue if you can take the stairs, but there is only one set of elevators that go to the 1st floor area where the restaurant is. I use a scooter and found them non-operational. CM tried and couldn't get them going... said they had been having problems with them. Since I'm able to walk short distances, she had me check my scooter at bell services and I took the stairs... very, very painful but if I wanted to eat there and she said that's what I had to do :sad2:

Hopefully someone recognizes that this is a problem and will come up with a solution.

The 1bdrms are on all the floors (2-5). I would request a room near the north elevators if you want to be near the lobby. I don't remember if there was a hair dryer in the 2nd bathroom but there was one in the master. The washer / dryers are stackable, but held a large load of laundry. Not as big as the ones in OKW though.

Hope this helps!

This does help. I am traveling with 4 16, 17 year old girls and well you know how that can be - LOL. I am trying to minimize what we bring (no need for 5 blowdryers if you know what I mean!).

Do I need to bring my own laundry detergent? Thanks!

This does help. I am traveling with 4 16, 17 year old girls and well you know how that can be - LOL. I am trying to minimize what we bring (no need for 5 blowdryers if you know what I mean!).

I did this last August, we stayed at BCV - I had 4 girls (similar ages) in the second bedroom and their bathroom did not have a blow dryer. I was a bit surprised. Luckly they only came to use ours once or twice. If they use/need one, good you are asking or bring one just in case.

If you are going to be doing a lot of laundy, yes then. They only give you one small box of tide. No fabric softner. If you make a walmart or target run, they have individual pacls of laundry detergent and fabric softner that you can buy instead of a huge bottle.

If you are going to be doing a lot of laundy, yes then. They only give you one small box of tide. No fabric softner. If you make a walmart or target run, they have individual pacls of laundry detergent and fabric softner that you can buy instead of a huge bottle.

Thanks for the heads up. I have some sample softner and detergent, I willl bring those as well. :laundy:

Has any one stayed in a Grand Villa yet? I'm still waiting for information regarding the size of the dining room table. I am hoping to fit 12 people for dinner. TIA.

Has any one stayed in a Grand Villa yet? I'm still waiting for information regarding the size of the dining room table. I am hoping to fit 12 people for dinner. TIA.

Maybe Member Services can tell you? :confused3 Might be worth shot anyway!

Our 2-bedroom unit at Kidani had a blowdryer for the second bedroom. That being said, it was not INSTALLED in the bathroom, but rather it sat on a shelf in the closet. This is nice if you don't want to have to remain in the bathroom to dry your hair. On the other hand, I would think it would make it real easy for somebody to walk off with it as well, so if there is NOT one in your 2-bedroom, that may be the case!

I can't answer on the laundry detergent. I shopped at Target ahead of time and in the travel section they sold small bottles of All Small and Mighty (2 loads per bottle for $1) so I brought about four of those with us. That being said, the front loading washer and dryer in our room had a great capacity. Our only issue was with the locking washer door...many times it did NOT want to unlock to give us access to our laundry and it would take a bit of an effort for us to finally get it to work, despite the indicator for the lock showing that it was NOT locked!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR SHARING!WOW! AWESOME!:banana::banana::banana:

Cannot wait now for our first Kidani Trip 2010!!!!!!!!!!!

The pool looks really really nice! Love the interactive water area for those with little ones!:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

I have even more photos of the pool and water play area in my Trip Report here, for those interested. :cool1:

(Post 4, 10 and 14 have the most Kidani photos!)

Last edited:
:wave: Hi everyone...I'm live at Kidani now so let me know if you have any questions.

We are in a studio savanna view room between the south and timon elevators...great location. Resort is beautiful.

Here is an important tip!

The IPOD clock.....could not figure out how to set the correct time. I had to call housekeeping..lol. She told me that after they put them all in..they noticed that all the instruction sheets got thrown away and no one knew how to set them. She said they finally found one set of instructions.
There is a little black plate on the back with a small silver screw that you have to unscrew and remove....then you can see the clock time adjust button. (I'd have never found that on my own....it says MP3 on it so how would you know to remove it?) lol

:wave: Hi everyone...I'm live at Kidani now so let me know if you have any questions.

We are in a studio savanna view room between the south and timon elevators...great location. Resort is beautiful.

Here is an important tip!

The IPOD clock.....could not figure out how to set the correct time. I had to call housekeeping..lol. She told me that after they put them all in..they noticed that all the instruction sheets got thrown away and no one knew how to set them. She said they finally found one set of instructions.
There is a little black plate on the back with a small silver screw that you have to unscrew and remove....then you can see the clock time adjust button. (I'd have never found that on my own....it says MP3 on it so how would you know to remove it?) lol

I'm so jealous!! Why would you recommend your location? Is it near the lobby elevators, closest to the pool, etc.? Also-- what floor are you on. If you have a savannah view, do you have a good view of the animals? Thanks and a have a wonderful time!

I'm so jealous!! Why would you recommend your location? Is it near the lobby elevators, closest to the pool, etc.? Also-- what floor are you on. If you have a savannah view, do you have a good view of the animals? Thanks and a have a wonderful time!

We are on the third floor and about half way between both the South and the Timon elevators. It's close to the bus stop and the lobby. I have a great animal view. This morning I had coffee with giraffes and I'm having a large glass of ice water with the zebras tonight. ;) It's rainy right now and there are a lot of animals out. Wildebeest, elands, zebras.

as for the thermostat, it only goes as low as 68 which was quite cold the first night (and I'm usually always hot). We keep the ceiling fan on too.

Just some other observations....

the studio has one towel bar....for three people using towels...there isn't enough room to hang them all...we end up draping them over the shower rod or the laundry line that goes across the tub.

when you purchase things at the park and have them sent back.....they aren't always aware of AKV shop,Johari. They don't even have Kidani marked on the green slip yet. I wrote Kidani on mine next to the AKL spot with my room number and they did bring it to Johari for me today. The girl had told me it would go to the AKL and I would have to go over there to pick it up.

Buses are running well but they have been filling up at Kidani then AKL people end up standing...I can't see this system continuing to work once Kidani is fully open.

Are there any pictures or floorplans of the dedicated (as opposed to lockoff) 2BR's?

Are there any pictures or floorplans of the dedicated (as opposed to lockoff) 2BR's?

I would like to see this as well as we are staying in one next month, but I believe the only differences are the 2nd queen bed in the 2nd bedroom and lack of the studio kitchenete. However, seeing how removal of the kitchenete affects the layout would be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter