• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Question list for the first Kidani guests, now with answers!

Do they provide the night vision goggles at Kidani like they do at Jambo?
We asked one of the CMs at Kidani about that. She said that it has been discussed and while they don't have them now, they might at some point in the future.

sorry for not being able to interpret the floor plans. Am looking for a couple of 2 bedroom (dedicated) rooms to request that are near the pool/bus stop. Anyone? Would like 2nd or 3rd floor and near giraffe if one area of savannah has more than others. Thank you so much!

...my DS's GF's family are DVC owners and they (my DS, his GF, and her dad) have been staying at BCV since 5/18 [they are coming home today] and he called me to say that they visited Kidani last night because they are thinking about staying there NEXT year (like, what's there to even THINK about?? ;) ) and he was absolutely BLOWN AWAY by Kidani!! They took LOTS of pix, so I can't wait to see them and, hopefully, I can post some....

I have a few stupid questions :)

We're staying in a 2 bedroom with 9 people (3 kids)

1. Do the rooms have enough dishes and silverware for 9 people? We're planning on eating breakfast in the room, and maybe dinner once or twice.

2. Are all the dishes and cups plastic, or should I bring some toddler-proof stuff?

3. Is the coffee poe a regular sized one, or one of the 4 cup types? If my parents and DH don't have their morning coffee, there will be hell to pay.

4. I heard that the room and balconies are all non-smoking. Where is there a smoking area? My dad is a smoker - hopefully there is someplace relatively close he can still go out for a smoke.

Thanks!
Jen

I have a few stupid questions :)

We're staying in a 2 bedroom with 9 people (3 kids)

1. Do the rooms have enough dishes and silverware for 9 people? We're planning on eating breakfast in the room, and maybe dinner once or twice.

2. Are all the dishes and cups plastic, or should I bring some toddler-proof stuff?

3. Is the coffee poe a regular sized one, or one of the 4 cup types? If my parents and DH don't have their morning coffee, there will be hell to pay.

4. I heard that the room and balconies are all non-smoking. Where is there a smoking area? My dad is a smoker - hopefully there is someplace relatively close he can still go out for a smoke.

Thanks!
Jen

There is enough dishes for 8 place settings if I remember correctly. There are some glass juice glasses that are plastic, but just about everything was glass or ceramic (breakable dishes). There is nothing toddler proof. We brought our own baby cups & dishes. The coffee pot is on the small size. 6 cups maybe, I know not 10 or 12 like a regular one. But there will be one in the kitchen and the kitchenette in the 2nd bdrm. So you could have 2 going at the same time. Everything was no smoking, but they have to have a smoking area somewhere. I think there was one by the bus stop.

Let me know if you have any other questions! Glad to help!

I think the coffee pot size may vary as to whether the room is a dedicated 2 bedroom or one of the split ones. We had a dedicated 2 bedroom and it had a 12 cup coffee pot in it.

I agree that none of the dishes would be good for toddlers. I would bring cups and plates for them. I too think there was only enought settings for 8, but wouldn't be a problem if you are bringing dishes that are toddler proof.

The smoking area is out by the bus stops. I wouldn't suggest trying to sneak out on the deck for one either because if you have a savanna view then there are cameras on your room at all times. They do this to protect the animals. If they see anyone out on the decks doing something that they shouldn't they will be after them I'm sure. You might want to mention this to Dad in case he gets the urge to sneak out there.

Which room are you getting the dedicated or the split? That would make answering your questions easier.

sorry for not being able to interpret the floor plans. Am looking for a couple of 2 bedroom (dedicated) rooms to request that are near the pool/bus stop. Anyone? Would like 2nd or 3rd floor and near giraffe if one area of savannah has more than others. Thank you so much!

If you are wanting to be near the pool you would want the wing that is not open yet. If you want to be near the bus stop then you want the south wing that is open. We had a dedicated 2 bedroom (3726) and it had the giraffs right outside, but the critters have quite a lot of room to roam so probably any of them would be good. I would also try to get a room no higher than the 3rd floor so that you aren't looking at tree tops.

There is a Kidani map in post #2 in this thread. According to the map, it looks like there are two DSAs. One is outside the fitness center, the other is just before the bus stop.

Ok, I just got back from a very wet stay in a 2nd floor HA 2 bdrm (photos later).

1) No photos can do the resort justice. The colors and artwork are "gotta be there" sort of things. At first I thought it was awfully dark but that went away very quickly and the style kicked in and we felt very comfortable.

2) I got to walk the new wing once and most of the rooms are closer to completion that I expected (at least on the 2nd floor). It is a monster walk though to get to the end. It kept going and going and going... They also leave the lights on at night and the shades open too and I asked about it and the answer was "for effect". They wanted that part of the resort to not look like a black hole at night time which I thought was a huge waste of electricity but what do I know.

3) The hallway lights. After a couple days of dirty diaper runs, I noticed the "drum" lights in the halls all had an odd brown spot in the same location that I thought was a strange thing to put there. Come to find out they are all burn marks from the bulbs. Can you say fire hazzard? I guess they know about it but it was a "no comment" issue.

4) Saw a photo/video shoot of a storyteller on Pembe with a model family they are going to use in promo material. Pembe needs a lot of work still but I'm glad they are taking photos of the actual reaort and not using stock photos of Jambo for everything.

5) They don't quite have the hang of Owner's locker just yet, but they are at least familiar with it once you say "purple box". I did see the van on our last day on a highway and couldnt help but wonder if our box was on board yet :)

6) The wonderfull hand carved wood tables are not hand carved nor even wood. They are particle board and ours already had a big chip out of one corner. The LR lights looked awesome until we touched one and found out they were cheap plastic. They look great though, just don't ruin the illusion by touching one :) The digital TV reception was pretty awfull too much of the time. Lots of micro-blocking and audio glitches. Has to be a bandwidth issue. Our light switches were set up weird, but I think that was a side effect of the HA room.

7) The pool rocked! Everything about it was great. Even when it was packed, it still had lots of chair room and the water slide wait was reasonable (the stop/go light system was broken for a few days though). Full capacity might push the limits on the whole pool area if all those chairs are full, I'd probably pass. Our room was very close to the pool and the walk was closer than some OKW pool trekks we have had to make. There is parking right outside the back gate too so if you are in the boonies, you can drive up closer and be within one or 2 spaces of the gate. Those spots were never taken up the entire time we were there.

8) The walk to Jambo was nothing to worry about. The walk to the >west?< wing end was longer then the walk to Jambo. Once I got over there though, I tried Mara for the first time. It was the last time. Don't even ask.

I'll try to get the HA photos up soon but if you have any questions specific as to that, let me know.

Thanks for your insights and observations. Still no grand villa reports? The days are just crawling by.

Questions:

1. When is construction of Kidani village to be completed? I am booking next month for June 2010.

2. What floor, if applicable, offers the best views for savanah view?

3. Please explain how the flloor plans work. I am wanting to request a SV, lockoff 2 bedroom, near pool, on whatever floor is the answer to question #2. Do you think that is possible? I wa not sure if they kept the lockoffs to any specific area of the resort.

Questions:

1. When is construction of Kidani village to be completed? I am booking next month for June 2010.

2. What floor, if applicable, offers the best views for savanah view?

3. Please explain how the flloor plans work. I am wanting to request a SV, lockoff 2 bedroom, near pool, on whatever floor is the answer to question #2. Do you think that is possible? I wa not sure if they kept the lockoffs to any specific area of the resort.

The construction is supposed to be done by the fall I believe.
2,3,4 floors have best views. 5th floor may be too high. You want to be down on the North End of the building, near the Rafakki Elevator #7.

Thanks, hardingk!

I am not sure where the elevators are at or placed, but by looking at the Kidani map, somewhere around the 3rd or 4th block of rooms set north of the lobby. In between this set is a walkway out to the pool area.

I just posted on another thread that we are thrilled to have been able to make the reservation we wanted - a 2 bedroom dedicated Savannah view for Jan. 3rd to 8th. Can't wait!

For those who have been there, should we request anything else on our reservation? Location? Bus vs. pool? Higher or lower floor? I'd rather not have one of those reeeeeaaallly long walks every night. How do you avoid that?

Lola2 : I would like to know if there will be a sundries store that sells, soda, water, cereal, snacks ect.

IMG_2742.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

Maria

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter