Question on Jurassic PArk River Adventure Ride

Mickey1

Mouseketeer
Ok, is the drop at the end of the ride really bad? Enough to make someone feel motion sickness or anything? How is it in comparison to Splash Mountain? Me and DH are going in September (to celebrate 3 year anniversary) and I know we will be going on that and I am trying to brace myself now! :) Thanks!:) :earsgirl:

Here's the stats on the drop:

85 foot drop
60 degree angle
50 mile per hour

It is currently tied for 2nd tallest and 2nd steepest water ride in the world (tied with USJ and beaten by Knott's Berry Farm.

Honestly, though, the drop isn't all that bad - the size of the boats actually help. Many guests think the drops on Ripsaw and Splash are worse.

I didn't think JPRA drop was bad at all. It was over so fast, you didn't have time to worry about it!! I did think Ripsaw was alot worse, still fun, but lots scarier. Go and have fun!!!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

I agree that Ripsaw is MUCH scarier than JPRA. I think it's the slight change in angle as the log flume descends that gets to you!

I went on it with a friend who is deathly afraid of heights and won't ride any coasters. She covered her eyes during the drop. Just last night she told me that when we go back to IOA she wants to go on the JPRA again!! YOu'll be fine!

We just got back on June 30, and the drop on JPRA wasn't bad at all. After seeing those stats, it just doesn't seem like it was that high and that fast. Ripsaw Falls was a little scary, but it was fun. I wouldn't worry about the River Adventure drop; you'll love it!

yeah, I definately feel that Splash Mountain and especially Dudley are alot worse than JPRA.

I don't really like splash mt just because it is boring, really boring. Jarassic Park is a great ride but nothing to be worried about.

Thanks for all the responses. I appreciate the feedback. I know Jurrasic will be alot of fun and I think the drop will be fine too! Thanks again!

I am definitely afraid of heights & did it. My friend tested the ride for me 1st. The ride is great, however my friend kept telling me to brace myself for the drop. She kept thinking it was coming up & I kept getting scared & could not enjoy the dinosaurs. When I go to IOA again I will definitely do the ride again & close my eyes when I see T Rex, because then I know you drop. Just put your head down at that point & before you know it, you'll be down.:cool:

Why would you close your eyes Makimbakat? Closing your eyes makes everything seem bigger, faster, longer and scarier, plus you'll look like a real loser and everyone will laugh at you when they look at the on-ride photos(not that it matters much cause you'll never see them again). Mellow if you spazzed on Splash Mountains drop you should ride JP:RA, but not Dudley. If you ride Dudley you will probobly have a heart attack or something. Both drops put Splash Mountain's to shame but on JP:RA you aren't exposed unless you are on the side or the front row.

ride in the center of row 3, 4, or 5 and you will not get as wet and i think it will make the drop a bit easier for you to handle, especially on the first time.

JPRA in reality is a weenie ride. The animatronics aren't that great (except T-Rex) and the drop is no big deal at all. It is good enough to ride once or twice but I wouldnt wait more than 25 min for it. Splash Mountain is the best, Ripsaw Falls is second, and JPRA is third in my opinion of the flume rides.

BER RABBIT AND BER BEAR. NOW THAT IS THE WEENIE RIDE OF ALL WEENIE RIDES. ripsaw for drops thrill of ride has it all over splash mountain. both story lines are a bit korny, Ripsaw #1, Splash #2, and JPRA #3.
Plus on ripsaw you will get wet, on splash you might. :confused: :D

Actually, you'll notice that Splash Mountain's and Ripsaw Falls' track layout seems similar, but the final drop separates the two.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter