• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

questions on the PAn Pacific in vancouver

Last July (before the 9-night Alaskan cruise) we stayed at the Auberge which is one block away. I desperately wanted to splurge and stay at the Pan Pacific but I couldn't bring myself to pay the price. We booked the Auberge directly with AAA and got a great rate of $225 (two rooms). When we arrived, one room was upgraded to a harbor suite and it was quite lovely. I recommend this hotel - it was quite lovely and the location was perfect for our needs. I am not one to give a hotel poor marks for customer service as I am generally easy to please and and fairly easy going. I will disclose that our experience with their advertised porter service was not the greatest. I stopped at the front desk five times(!) the night we checked in to (attempt) to arrange the porter service for the next day. Each time they were too busy or didn't have the answer as the person to talk to wasn't available. But each time I was told to stop by the next morning prior to check out. When I called that morning, I was told to be in the lobby at a specific time (can't recall the time) and a porter would be available to assist. When we arrived, no porter. When I inquired again, I was told they only had one porter and he was busy assisting weddings guests from the prior night wedding. In frustration, my husband took the luggage cart which was already loaded with our luggage and proceeded to push it out the door, down the street, down the hill directly to the port to the cruise check in area. We then left the luggage cart by the entrance next to a specific area and called the hotel to explain where they could find their cart. Wasn't our best moment but we were frustrated. I realized that experience does paint the best picture of the hotel, but even I would try the hotel again. Again, the hotel was lovely and rooms were beautiful. The price was great considering I couldn't touch the Pan Pacific for under $400 when I was booking.

Be sure to MENTION the luggage transfer. It was one of my minor complaints about the PP was that they seemed to not cater to their cruise guests. They never asked and i never thought to ask... either way minor issue but thought it was a miss on their end. The room and view were gorgeous however.

Hands down, I would stay at the Pan Pacific. I haven't stayed there, but I know it's in a great location and a super nice hotel. I have stayed at the Fairmount Waterfront (stunning! and also amazing location). A good price too since Vancouver is insanely expensive!! Definitely beats staying at the Hampton, especially if that is by the airport which is a terrible location (i.e, NOTHING to do around there except visit the outlet mall).

Hands down, I would stay at the Pan Pacific. I haven't stayed there, but I know it's in a great location and a super nice hotel. I have stayed at the Fairmount Waterfront (stunning! and also amazing location). A good price too since Vancouver is insanely expensive!! Definitely beats staying at the Hampton, especially if that is by the airport which is a terrible location (i.e, NOTHING to do around there except visit the outlet mall).

At the airport itself the only hotel is the Fairmont YVR. But most people who stay “near the airport” are in Richmond, and there is a ton of stuff to do in Richmond!

At the airport itself the only hotel is the Fairmont YVR. But most people who stay “near the airport” are in Richmond, and there is a ton of stuff to do in Richmond!

Yes, figuratively speaking, the only hotel physically at the airport is the Fairmount. I am a little biased, I am Canadian and have been to Vancouver a million times (to visit family/friends/business) and have stayed all over the place (by the airport, downtown, outskirts, residential neighborhoods etc). I don't find Richmond terribly exciting, except the new outlet mall which is pretty nice! - I am sucker for the city itself :) You can't beat the waterfront area, the sea wall, Stanley Park etc.

We stayed at the Pan Pacific on our Alaskan cruise on the Wonder the first year they sailed. I found out through a group here on the Dis (before FB groups were popular) on getting the room through Hot wire. I remember the 'criteria' was that the hotel had a pool and It was Downtown West and had a 95% recommend. It was the best hotel deal I had ever received. Great location for our two night pre cruise stay. We walked everywhere. Oh if you get a chance eat at White Spot, good food and reasonably priced. Enjoy

Oh and no problems with the bell services picking up luggage and bringing to the terminal. I was nervous about this also, but no problems.

We just booked this hotel for our September RCCL cruise to Hawaii! I am glad I saw this thread!!

Fairmont Waterfront is also a great choice. We stayed there a few times but not for a cruise. It is lovely.

We tried Pacific Rim (just down the road from Fairmont Waterfront) and it's absolutely gorgeous. If I was staying for a cruise, I would definitely choose Pan Pacific for the convenience, but if just staying in the area and the price wasn't as high as it usually is, I would go with Pacific Rim.

We've stayed at the Fairmont YVR once and I thought it was very nice. Unfortunately, we didn't spend that much time there. We woke up the next morning and drove directly to the city.

Fairmont Waterfront is also a great choice. We stayed there a few times but not for a cruise. It is lovely.

We tried Pacific Rim (just down the road from Fairmont Waterfront) and it's absolutely gorgeous. If I was staying for a cruise, I would definitely choose Pan Pacific for the convenience, but if just staying in the area and the price wasn't as high as it usually is, I would go with Pacific Rim.

Good to hear. Staying at the Pacific Rim pre-cruise. Looking forward to it

I will also say the Fairmont Vancouver Airport is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in (airport or otherwise!). We had a pre-night booked at Pan Pacific but when American Airlines changed our flight times, we decided to arrive a day earlier and added a “pre” pre night at the airport Fairmont. Due to our very late arriving flight (post midnight Vancouver time) it was great to just grab our luggage and walk right into the hotel. We actually received a complimentary upgrade to a concierge room which was fantastic and the breakfast in the concierge lounge was phenomenal! The next morning we went back down to the lobby and took the Skytrain to the Pan Pacific. So easy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter