R&S Planning Journel....08/28/08 Back and married... sneak peeks!!

Bouncy bounce

Mouseketeer
So I’ve had a PJ before but decided to take it down due to stuff going on here with others. I decided like most to put it back up with less info. So here we go..

My name is Renee. I’m 29 years old living in FL but originally from NJ.
My DF is Shane. He is 24 years old also living with me in Fl and from NJ as well.

We met on myspace back in May 2006 and since the night we met have never been apart.

Shane proposed in August 2007 and it was time to start planning 3 weeks later we came for our site visit with our Wedding coordinator Kristi Davis. We loved here.

Our wedding is Thursday August 28 2008.
Ceremony is taking place at the Wedding Pavilion.
Reception at Atlantic Dance Hall
Dessert Party is at Eau De France.

Our wedding planner is Diane Bowen and we love her as well. :thumbsup2
Floral is Laura Kidd awesome in our planning session she knew what i was looking for and had great ideas.:thumbsup2
Officiate is Rev. Jack Day :goodvibes

Photography is Root Photography. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Up next pictures…….

YAY! Welcome Back! You can't stay away.....DIS is addicting! :rotfl2:

:yay: welcome back!:cool1:

we are using Rev Jack Day too! DF calls him capt Jack-I'm afraid I am going to when we see him!:scared1:

So I promised pictures and here they are…

Here is a picture of Shane and I taking right after our menu tasting at the Broadwalk.

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-4.jpg

I will post pictures of our planning session in the next post….

Here are pictures of my bridesmaid dresses that took 21 week to come in…

Here is the picture from the designer’s website… Mori Lee is the designer..

bm4.jpg

Here is the pictures of the actual dress. I love them. I wish I could wear this instead. :lovestruc :lovestruc

bridesmaidsdress004.jpg

bridesmaidsdress005.jpg

bridesmaidsdress006.jpg

bridesmaidsdress007.jpg

Here are the shoes the bridesmaids will be wearing……

bridesmaidsdress003.jpg

The groomsmen we are still deciding on what they will wear. We will know in the next few week..

I sent our invitations our May 1st 2008 with an rsvp of 7/05/08. Out of 186 invited guest the count so far is 16 not coming 24 coming and 146 unaccounted for….

I used cards and pockets and loved having that…
:cheer2:

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20080.jpg

Here is my dress. I got it a Jon’s Bridal in Tampa. It was the first and only dress I have ever tried on. It fit perfectly…:cheer2:

47b7cf25b3127ccebf89fb4405b40000004.jpg

47b7cf25b3127ccebf89dfe9843b0000004.jpg

47b7cf25b3127ccebf89d225c4690000004.jpg

47b7cf25b3127ccebf89d3b784630000004.jpg

47b7cf25b3127ccebf89c51f05f00000004.jpg

47b7cf25b3127ccebf89c4db45ac0000005.jpg

Here are the pictures of my shoes. I got these on target.com. I have these in almost every color and love them. I also got the flip flop to….
heels.jpg

flip.jpg

Up next is planning session & engagement photos

LOVE LOVE LOVE your bm dresses!! Such a beautiful baby blue color too!

Wow, only tried on 1 dress?? That's supposed to be the most fun! But you are right, it looks great on you!

Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

LOVE your BM Dress....I also lov eyour dress. DOn't you love the side sweeping!

Everything is gorgeous. I bought the first dress I tried on too. Why make it more work if you love love love the first one you try on?

By the way, you said you want to wear your BM's dresses. I hope that you picked a BM that's the same size as you so you can "borrow it" later on ;)

Your BM dresses are really cute! I ordered the second dress I tried on. It was a close tie with the first dress I had on. Funny how that happens!

YAY! Welcome Back! You can't stay away.....DIS is addicting! :rotfl2:

Yes it is... Thank you...

:yay: welcome back!:cool1:

we are using Rev Jack Day too! DF calls him capt Jack-I'm afraid I am going to when we see him!:scared1:

Sandy, That is so funny. Now I will have that in my head...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your bm dresses!! Such a beautiful baby blue color too!

Wow, only tried on 1 dress?? That's supposed to be the most fun! But you are right, it looks great on you!

Can't wait to hear more!

Jennifer

thanks! Jennifer. Actually it ended up still being fun. I didnt want a stressful time. I'm so picky...

LOVE your BM Dress....I also lov eyour dress. DOn't you love the side sweeping!

Love it... That is the best thing ever. My waist looks tiny... :goodvibes

Everything is gorgeous. I bought the first dress I tried on too. Why make it more work if you love love love the first one you try on?

By the way, you said you want to wear your BM's dresses. I hope that you picked a BM that's the same size as you so you can "borrow it" later on ;)

Congrads on finding your dress. I wish I was the size of my BMs to borrow the dresses.

Your BM dresses are really cute! I ordered the second dress I tried on. It was a close tie with the first dress I had on. Funny how that happens!

It is funny how it happens. I had a harder time picking out dishes for my bridal registry... lol

Coming up tommorrow... Planning session Report...

I LOVE all of your details!!! Your getting married a couple of weeks after me!!! Can't wait to hear all your details!

Planning Session…..

Our planning session and menu tasting took place on April 14 2008. We headed up to Disney the day before its takes us an hour to get there. My mom flew in from NJ and we met her at the hotel. We stayed at Pop Century. I found myself obsessed with the undone building and I was getting creped out. As soon as we got settled we headed to look at the beautiful homes in Celebration. I love it there.

Right after that we had dinner reservations at Cape May Café which was very yummy! Then we headed to Downtown Disney.

The next morning we awake and got ready for our menu tasting, which was at 930am. Me being excited and an idiot didn’t read the email correctly and was waiting in the lobby of the hotel not the convention center. So we were a little late. I felt horrible but we run though the menu tasting quick.
Here is a picture of the sign in the lobby of the broadwalk. They spelled Shane’s last name wrong….
DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-8.jpg

All the food was excellent. Our chef is Chef Dennis. He explained everything in detail and helped us pick out what we wanted.

We are going with for our cocktail hour Bacon Crusted Beef & Blue Cheese and Chicken and Cheese Quesadilla. (which I forgot to take pictures of)

We will also have a fruit, cheese, jumbo shrimp and smoked salmon displays.

For the buffet we are having

Caesar Salad and Citrus Salad with Tequila and lime dressing (don’t have pictures).
Mashed Potato Bar ( no pictures)

Penne a la vodka, two pepper rubbed beef of strip lion, snapper and Parmesan crusted chicken and grilled veggies.

Here are the pictures of the food that I did take….

This is Penne al la vodka and Parmesan crusted chicken

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-7.jpg

This is the two pepper rubbed beef of strip lion and the mashed potatoes… also is chicken Frances that we didn’t pick. My DF and DM wanted to go with something different. I wanted it though..

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-5.jpg

After the menu tasting we had 2 hours to kill until the planning session. We went to look at wilderness lodge since that is where my family and part of DF family will be staying and us. Then we headed to the poly to look at O’hana’s since our rehearsal dinner will be there. Can’t wait for that.

Franck’s was very busy when we got there our planning session started at 1 and went to 530pm.

Here is a picture of the cake tasting…
DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-3.jpg

We decided on our bottom layer being Chocolate cake with butter cream. The middle and top layers being Marble cake with bailey’s mousse.
We are also going with a sheet cake that will have chocolate cake with strawberry mousse.

Here is the cake we are going with. We made a lot of changes to it. The colors are ice blue, silver and white.
There will be a heart on the top with our initials; Fresh flowers all around. No Butterflies.
The bottom hearts will turn into Mickey heads.

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-11.jpg

After that it was time to pick out flowers. Laura Kidd is our floral contact. We are going with my favorite flowers Gerber daisies and roses. I have no pictures on my computer right now of what we are going with so I will just keep that a surprise until after the wedding.

After we wrapped up there we headed to Hollywood studios for our dinner reservations at Sci-fi. Then we saw Fantasmic and went back to the room. My DF and explored the hotel here are some pictures we took.

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-13.jpg

DisneyTripPlanningSessionApril20-12.jpg

The next day was EPCOT all day nothing exited there really. Then the next morning my mom headed back to NJ and me and my DF had to stick around for engagement photos.

That will be coming tomorrow.

Another person making me hungry! :lmao:

I love, love, LOVE the cake! I can't wait to see what it looks like with your colors!

There is nothing like a cake tasting. And I don't even like cake! :rotfl:

Well we will be getting married 3 mths from today. Hard to believe how quickly its coming up.

I keep feeling like I'm forgetting to do things. I'm getting really excited in a few days I'll be going to NJ for my bridal shower and my MOH is throwing us a BBQ as well. When I'm up there that is when a lot of stuff will be accomplished since I'm gonna go with my mom.

I'm also going to spend a day with my FMIL and FSIL to go with them to pick out dresses for the wedding. That will be so much fun. It will be a bonding day. We never really had that since me and my DF moved out of state after 4 mths of dating.

Well that is my little update for now.. Gotta run errands :moped:

later today I will post the engagement pics.

Engagement Picture….

We had our engagement pictures done back in April.
Our photographers are Root Photography. We can’t say enough about them. I picked them after seeing Carrie & Patrick’s engagement pictures and after seeing pictures on their site. I love their style. Let me tell you my DF hates taking pictures but they made him feel so confront able that he got so into. We ended up with 176 pictures.

Our session was schedule for 430pm. Shane and I got there a little early. We started the session at Disney’s Wide World of sports. When we got there their was a cast member from NY who is interning there and saw we were mets fans. He took us on the field and also gave us a broken bat that was left there that was from the red sox game earlier that day. We have an idea of who the bat maybe because it has number 24 in marker at the time.

When we met up with the Roots we started right away in the back session on the stairs. Then worked our way back to the front of WWS. We took pictures on the main field as we were finishing some people came to kick us off the field… Well we think.. My DF just started talking about the game we went to a few weeks earlier there. Then they were really cool about us being on the field.

Here are some of the pictures from Wide World of Sports.
r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

r7.jpg

r8.jpg

r10.jpg

we headed over to Port Orleans Riverside. That is such a beautiful place for pictures. We felt like celebrities with everyone looking at us while we were taking pictures. They told us just wait till the wedding day..

Here are some of those pictures….

r11.jpg

r13.jpg

r15.jpg

r16.jpg

r17.jpg

r18.jpg

r20.jpg

r21.jpg

The Roots also posted a blog about us on their website here is the link….http://rootphotography.blogspot.com/2008_04_01_archive.html

Oh, the Roots have done it again! These pictures are beautiful! You look like you were having so much fun. Which, again, makes me want to contact them for a shoot while we're on our honeymoon. I wonder if that would be too much. Beautiful! Beautiful!

your engagement pics are AWESOME!!! And I love that cake!! Where did you find that? The colors are perfect for my VR! :lmao:

jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter