Rate the Resorts 1 to 7

Which resort do you wish you had or love having?

• BCV

• BWV

• SSR

• VWL

• OKW

• HHI

Results are only viewable after voting.
We love DVC, and have at least visited all the Disney resorts (never have been to HH or VB). We own at SSR, and we love the resort. So, I have no complaints or issues with having purchased at SSR. We recently stayed at BWV, which was beautiful, but I think I would prefer staying at BCV and walking over to the Boardwalk at night if I had my choice.

So - all that being said - we are happy to stay at any and all the resorts. But, here goes :

1. BCV - Location puts it 1st
2. SSR - Love the resort, Golf Course, and DTD
3. VWL - Themeing
at this point, everything else is pretty even, those are my top 3
4. BWV
5. AKL - I think this will be a cool resort
6. OKW -

Eric

1. Hh
2. Bcv
3. Okw
4. Ssr
5. Vwl
6. Vb

100. Bwv

I truly do not dislike any of the DVC resorts. But I will rank them by favorites, but I could stay at any of them and be very pleased.

1.HHI
2.SSR
3.OKW
4.VWL
5.BCV
6.BWV
7.Vero

Oops, forgot BCV, I knew my numbers were off. BCV,VWL, and BWV are so close in my list, it was hard to rank them. It truly would depend on when I was going.

Sammie said:
I truly do not dislike any of the DVC resorts. But I will rank them by favorites, but I could stay at any of them and be very pleased.

1.HHI
2.SSR
3.OKW
4.VWL
5.BWV
6.Vero

Wow, Sammie!!! I knew you really loved SSR, but I didn't know you REALLY loved HHI? Where have I been??!!! :goodvibes

Beca said:
Wow, Sammie!!! I knew you really loved SSR, but I didn't know you REALLY loved HHI? Where have I been??!!! :goodvibes

I think you were in Paris. :goodvibes

It is my favorite due to consistent service. I have never had anything except excellent service there. It is the only DVC resort I would ever consider for a long term stay.

Maybe also it has something to do with the other guests there too. It is small and everyone, I mean everyone is having a great time, friendly and enjoying themselves. Whereas at WDW, you have that pressure on some guests to over do theirselves and their children to the point of being miserable. It just really is a downer to me, to be having a good time and see some of these parents just making thieir kids miserable by doing too much. :sad2:

You never see that at HHI, a very different world from WDW. When I am there I never want to leave, can't say that for WDW.

1. VWL
2. BWV (would love an add-on for the Epcot proximity and access to 11 month window for booking GV, which we don't have at VWL)
3. VB (Haven't tried it yet, but it's another add-on fantasy of mine :blush: )
4. SSR
5. OKW
6. HHI
7. BCV
8. VAK (just too far from everything, wouldn't want to own, but we'll probably try it once)

If CRV ever happens that would shoot right to #2 slot for me, though! :Pinkbounc

1.BCV
2.OKW
3.VWL
4.BWV
5.VB
6.SSR

Can't rank HHI as I've still never even visited it. VWL and BWV are really a tie for me.

CRV if it happens will probably be 1, 2 or at worst three if it is a lowrise. Location and dining options are great.

Not sure at all about AKV. So much is unknown right now.

VWL - love the theme
BWV - home - and location
BCV - SAB and location
OKW - value
HHI - golf
VB - beach
SSR - you could not pay me to stay here.

Agree with Dean on the perceived popularity. We've only stayed at BW -which is where we own and where I am content.

OKW and BCV are a tie - and the only reason BWV rates higher than the other two is because it has sentimental value as "home."

Sammie said:
I think you were in Paris. :goodvibes

It is my favorite due to consistent service. I have never had anything except excellent service there. It is the only DVC resort I would ever consider for a long term stay.

Maybe also it has something to do with the other guests there too. It is small and everyone, I mean everyone is having a great time, friendly and enjoying themselves. Whereas at WDW, you have that pressure on some guests to over do theirselves and their children to the point of being miserable. It just really is a downer to me, to be having a good time and see some of these parents just making thieir kids miserable by doing too much. :sad2:

You never see that at HHI, a very different world from WDW. When I am there I never want to leave, can't say that for WDW.

:rotfl2: Yep, I was a little side-tracked with Paris for awhile!!

ITA about the "pressure" of WDW. When I was a F/A, the most MISERABLE people ever were 1)people leaving Vegas, 2)ANY flight out of LA or Burbank, and 3) families going to and from WDW. It was really sad the way some of these parents treated their children. I used to want to say, "Stop!!! You're spending thousands of dollars to yell at your children? " :confused3 :furious:

I have to say, I never thought about going to HHI....it just didn't seem to appeal to me. However....I may have to keep it in the back of my mind for when we tire of WDW.

:wave:

1. BWV(own this)
2. HHI(own this)
3(tie). BCV(don't own, but have stayed there)
OKW(ditto the above)
5.VWL(never stayed there, so this could turn out to be higher,I just don't know yet)
6.SSR
7.VB(no intention of ever going there)

1. BWV (own)
2. OKW (own)
Right now those are the only 2 that we wish to stay at. We also own at BCV's
but never have had the desire to stay there. Love OKW for the quiet beauty

1 being the best and 7 the worst.

(Copy and paste this if you like)

1. BWV (own)
2. BCV
3. SSR (own)
4. OKW
5. VB
6. VWL
7. HHI

I would probably think more highly of HHI if it weren't so far from the beach.

I am surprised that SSR is not the people's top choice since it is the newest resort. Maybe they are telling us something… :rolleyes1

Dis-best said:
I am surprised that SSR is not the people's top choice since it is the newest resort. Maybe they are telling us something… :rolleyes1

I own at SSR and I rated VWL higher. I do like VWL the most - I think it is an example of everything Disney does at its best. BUT, if the question was "If you could only stay at one resort for the remainder of your contract, which would it be?", my answer would be SSR.

The resort I'd be the most upset to lose the ability to book would be VB. I would add-on if I needed to.

1. SSR (own)
1. BWV (note the tie for #1)
3. BCV
4. VWL
5. OKW
6. VB
7. HH

We love both SSR and BWV (have stayed at both). I would vote for SSR as #1. DW would vote for BWV - hence the tie.We are staying at BCV in April, and hope to experience VWL in August. Personally I feel that you can't go wrong with any DVC resort. All are beautiful and each has its own "personality."

If the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas were included in the poll (even though they are not yet built) I would put them easily at #2. We just love AKL and are strongly considering buying in when sales start!

Dis-best said:

Nothing more than SSR is not the favorite among certain people. Many had favorites before SSR was opened and I doubt that will change.

I have to say, I never thought about going to HHI....it just didn't seem to appeal to me. However....I may have to keep it in the back of my mind for when we tire of WDW.

To me HHI is a like my favorite ice cream on a hot day or my favorite soup on a cold day, its a comfort place. :sunny:

WDW is like eating something new and different each every time we visit. Sometimes we really enjoy it and sometimes we go man that was not fun. But we like it all the same for being different and exciting. :yay:

Two entirely different places. :thumbsup2

My preferences:

1. OKW - own
2. VB - own
3. BWV - own
4. VWL
5. BCV
6. HHI
7. SSR

Even though I've owned for 10 years and make at least 2 trips a year, the only other one I've stayed at (or wanted to) was HHI which I thought was okay and may give it another go (it rained a lot!) eventually.

Have no desire to stay at any of the others but did go round all the models of rooms as they opened.

Couldn't vote for MY favorite :sad2:

1 - VERO BEACH :beach:

2 - BWV
3 - VWL
4 - HHI
5 - BCV
6 - OKW (visited, but have never stayed)
7 - SSR (visited, but have never stayed)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter