Rationing again?

When I was at the grocery store yesterday all of the gallon jugs of drinking water were gone. They had distilled and some more expensive brands, but all of the store branded drinking water was gone. I thought it was a bit weird.

I don't shop at Costco but here in western Canada there's no hint of any shortages of anything in the regular grocery stores or WalMart at this point. Another thing I'm finding slightly amusing is how many places have huge displays of masks and various types of sanitizers all at pennies-on-the-dollar of the prices this time last year.

I've seen a few stories over the past month about various things at Costco, either from limiting or being out. The most recent one mentioned limit on toilet paper and paper towels. I saw water on an article last week maybe but it was like a limit of 5 or something so not that restrictive. I haven't been to our local Costco in a few weeks so I'm not sure if they have done anything yet.

We will need paper towels in probably in the next month or so and toilet paper not sure but we're starting to get low on, *sigh* I do agree as much as the articles do for alerting people they also create a sort of "better get it before it runs out" feeling out there and well then that creates an issue of making supplies fewer.

Sounds like it may just be a Costco thing :confused3
Haven't seen any sign of it in NC
Everything we want is basically available with no limits

Sounds like it may just be a Costco thing :confused3
Haven't seen any sign of it in NC
Everything we want is basically available with no limits
An article I saw mentioned Walmart and other grocery stores but I don't think it's everywhere that is having issues. Just like last year it sorta followed this area would start having issues then another area would, largely tied to the area and their cases and vibe (like were people getting panicky).

My friend works at Target about 30mils from me and this is what she just said about half an hour ago: "My new phrase at work is “looks like we got hit by a pandemic” instead of tornado or tsunami. Our shelves are so bare in some areas it looks rough like it did during lockdown last year" She is in a college town and it is back to school (well has been for a few weeks now) so that is part of it but so is people buying up stuff they don't necessarily need.

I don't shop at Costco but here in western Canada there's no hint of any shortages of anything in the regular grocery stores or WalMart at this point. Another thing I'm finding slightly amusing is how many places have huge displays of masks and various types of sanitizers all at pennies-on-the-dollar of the prices this time last year.

As far as I know we aren’t dealing with shortages either. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Our Walmart yesterday was completely out of eggs. It was a bit disconcerting. But, the tp and canned goods were all normal, so I don’t know if it was a hoarding situation or a delivery issue. We went to another (local run) grocery store later in the day and the egg situation was fine. 🤷🏻‍♀️

No stores have limits on anything around here.

Apparently, some BC Tim Hortons were closed because they were out of cream! So we have some shortages, just not toilet paper lol

I saw comments about TP shortages, but I was at Walmart today and the shelves were fully stocked. Same with the grocery store.

Yes. Some of the panicing is customers seeing the empty shelves in general. The empty shelves isn't due to the lack of supplies or stock. Unfortunately, it's due to the shortages of staffing to stock those shelves to begin with. Some stores have reduced their hours to restock shelves again. The lack of staffing that fast food had/has has spilled over to the retail side the past 6 months.

A Burger King nearby is closed with signs announcing it’s due to labor shortages. Not that customers were breaking down the doors even before covid. I have a feeling it may never reopen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter