READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which method seems to be more successful on the iPhone?

1) Navigate to the AT-AT -> Click Join at exactly 7am -> Click Join -> Click Join -> Click Done
OR
2) Navigate to the AT-AT -> Click Join before 7am -> Pull down and let go to refresh at exactly 7am -> Click Join -> Click Join -> Click Done
OR
3) Navigate to the AT-AT -> Click Join before 7am -> Pull down and hold then let go to refresh at 7am exactly -> Click Join -> Click Join -> Click Done

I have also read that using the Atomic clock is best.
General consensus is that option 1 is best. Most people on this thread have been successful using that method.

I was practicing at home this morning, and never got the Red Full. I got the "Is everyone in the park?" screen at least 3 times before I went back and saw it was full. So either there was a glitch on my end, or park passes lasted a bit longer this am. (Which doesn't seem likely, looking above.)

I was practicing at home this morning, and never got the Red Full. I got the "Is everyone in the park?" screen at least 3 times before I went back and saw it was full. So either there was a glitch on my end, or park passes lasted a bit longer this am. (Which doesn't seem likely, looking above.)
My experience has been is if I'm successful in getting the 'Is everyone in the park?' screen, if I only go back one screen and try to join again it appears that I would be successful again but in reality the BGs have filled. If I get it once I go back to the very beginning to try again and that gives a more realistic view of if I would have been successful a second time or not.

Regarding AT-AT method do you go on the app before 7 or do you not even pull up the app until 7? Just curious if I go on the app a few mins before & then click the join button on the AT-AT screen if it will refresh to know its 7? Going in 2 weeks and have one day to try to get a BG so looking for all the advice

Regarding AT-AT method do you go on the app before 7 or do you not even pull up the app until 7? Just curious if I go on the app a few mins before & then click the join button on the AT-AT screen if it will refresh to know its 7? Going in 2 weeks and have one day to try to get a BG so looking for all the advice
I have an alarm set on my phone to go off at 6:59. When it goes off I open the app, scroll down to the AT-AT then flip my phone to the a screen where I can see the second hand. When it gets to about 6:59:45 I start tapping my foot each second and flip back to the MDE app so i can get close to clock change.

The second the clock on my phone flips to 7:00 I start tapping join, join, join. I'm successful practicing about 99% of the time.

(Note: I checked the time on my phone against time.gov and it's off by only 6 one-hundredths of a second so pretty much exactly the same as time.gov)

I open the app a few minutes before 7 and scroll down to the AT AT pic. Then I just hover my finger over the join button until my phone clock changes from 6:59 to 7, and then Join 3 times. No refreshing needed.

Not likely since we will have our bags, if ME still handled luggage it would’ve absolutely been possible.
I thought about this some more - you didn't mention your other plans, but sounds like you had only one HS day. Do you have another day where you could maybe make a change to your park reservations? A bunch of reservations opened up, starting in two weeks. So depending on when your trip is, maybe see if HS has opened up?

Seems like I should know this by now, but what is the return window? In your example, you were called right at 9, but what time did you need to be there by?

ETA: sorry, someone else literally just asked the question I wanted to ask. The one time I didn’t read all posts because I didn’t want to do to the next page.... LOL

LOL it's ok. They gave an hour return time, so 10a.

I am curious about the RotR joining process. If I click on Join and get to the list of party members, does it mean that I have a spot temporarily assigned to me (for X number of seconds or minutes) or do I need to frantically click through the rest of the process to find out that if any spots are available? Thank you in advance for your insight!

Trying for this on Saturday-
There will be 4 of us and I am going to make sure we all try at 7 from the resort.
So I see the join button-
Then I will be taken to a second one?
I read something about selecting your party, then thought I read you do not/
That those with park passes will be put in the group- unsure

So I did a practice run this am- Everyone in my group came up but were not selected- I dont have to select anyone? I selected folks and when I got to the next screen it says I didnt have theme park reversations (which I didnt) So I just keep hitting join and not select anyone?

I am curious about the RotR joining process. If I click on Join and get to the list of party members, does it mean that I have a spot temporarily assigned to me (for X number of seconds or minutes) or do I need to frantically click through the rest of the process to find out that if any spots are available? Thank you in advance for your insight!
Yes. Frantically.

Practicing helps a lot so you now where the buttons will be and what to expect. Check out this thread for tips on how to practice at home:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...planning-and-information-no-spoilers.3782822/
Threads have been merged. Please read Post 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter