• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We didn’t get a boarding group today. My husband and I both hit a blue join EXACTLY at 10 am and 2 pm, and immediately clicked through to the second blue join with our names checked, and then “got “boarding groups full”. I can’t imagine how anyone could be faster. We watched all the how-to videos, practiced, there were two of us on two separate phones, two chances and nothing. We were surrounded by lots of people doing it at the same time, and many of them got in. I’m super disappointed. How does anyone get on this ride? And because they’re not allowing park hopping, we don’t get another chance :(

Please leave the moderating of this thread to the TPAS (Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies) moderators (who are @yulilin3, @lovethattink, and myself).

The recent posts about / interpreting moderating decisions have been removed.

If you see something questionable, the “report” feature is always an option.

Thank you.

As an update, guests are reporting that the attraction is not operating at 100% capacity due to the earlier down time issue. It will be interesting to see how this affects the BG today.

We didn’t get a boarding group today. My husband and I both hit a blue join EXACTLY at 10 am and 2 pm, and immediately clicked through to the second blue join with our names checked, and then “got “boarding groups full”. I can’t imagine how anyone could be faster. We watched all the how-to videos, practiced, there were two of us on two separate phones, two chances and nothing. We were surrounded by lots of people doing it at the same time, and many of them got in. I’m super disappointed. How does anyone get on this ride? And because they’re not allowing park hopping, we don’t get another chance :(

Were you on park WiFi or your cell phone carrier? I’m so sorry you didn’t get a bg. I had success with an iPhone 11 on sprint’s network, and I was located at the stone wall across from the Crossroads Mickey sign. I know my phone works slower in other parts of the park and in Disney WiFi.

Were you on park WiFi or your cell phone carrier? I’m so sorry you didn’t get a bg. I had success with an iPhone 11 on sprint’s network, and I was located at the stone wall across from the Crossroads Mickey sign. I know my phone works slower in other parts of the park and in Disney WiFi.
The first time my husband and I were both on T-mobile LTE. The second time he was on LTE and I was on WiFi. At 10 am we were outside the Chinese theater, and at 2 pm we were in Galaxy’s Edge. Have a XR, and dh has a pixel of some sort 🤷‍♀️ Thanks for sympathizing with me. I’m glad you got a group, and I’m sure I’ll get an opportunity on a future trip. I’m just trying to figure out if I did something wrong for future reference.

The first time my husband and I were both on T-mobile LTE. The second time he was on LTE and I was on WiFi. At 10 am we were outside the Chinese theater, and at 2 pm we were in Galaxy’s Edge. Have a XR, and dh has a pixel of some sort 🤷‍♀️ Thanks for sympathizing with me. I’m glad you got a group, and I’m sure I’ll get an opportunity on a future trip. I’m just trying to figure out if I did something wrong for future reference.

I wasn’t there today, should have clarified. I feel for you though!

Analyzing a day like this is tricky. The ride had extensive downtime, and consequently, just one distribution period. My calculation says 49 BGs (I don't believe any were given out at 2), but extra emphasis today on the unofficial data disclaimer. The ride has also been struggling to keep on pace, so we'll see if they're even able to get through them all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited capacity definitely affecting BGs today. With a little over 2 hours to go, we are only on BG 26. I'm sorry to all those guests who did not get a chance to ride today. The run rate per hour seems accurate for half capacity with a slightly later than 2:00 PM start. Lets hope tomorrow is better!

Sounds like you didn’t do anything wrong, today was just a miserable day for the ride. While getting a BG would have been awesome, it might have been more frustrating than not getting the BG due to ride being down into the early afternoon. Hope you’re successful on your next attempt

Was it because the attraction was down half the day? Maybe none were released at 2 ? Or less bg's were given out at 10am because they knew it wasn't working?

I have tmobile too, so I hope it works for me when I go!

Analyzing a day like this is tricky. The ride had extensive downtime, and consequently, just one distribution period. My calculation says 49 BGs (I don't believe any were given out at 2), but extra emphasis today on the unofficial data disclaimer. The ride has also been struggling to keep on pace, so we'll see if they're even able to get through them all.

Do you have charts or a visual? 😋 I like this unofficial data analysis!

I'd be curious about how often it's down too. It seems quite frequent

Was it because the attraction was down half the day? Maybe none were released at 2 ? Or less bg's were given out at 10am because they knew it wasn't working?

I have tmobile too, so I hope it works for me when I go!
I believe you're right. My calculations strongly suggest that there was no 2pm distribution, and that there were fewer BGs released at 10am because they knew there was trouble. Data suggests 49 or 50. It was certainly much harder to book for 8/22 than other days recently, and harder to ride as only 41 were called. I'm so sorry for those who missed out!

Unfortunately I haven't found data to reasonably and reliably calculate any downtime. You can see when they aren't calling any groups, and then when they finally call one again, which implies they've started back up, but I'm sure that the downtime occurs further back. There's just no way to pick that up because they don't turn off those called group numbers even when the ride goes down.

A visual, sure! I'll do one with good solid data. Number of BGs called each day post reopening.

there's no real consistency on it's inconsistency. Since opening in December we have tried to look for patterns and there aren't any. It usually goes down at least once a day for sure, now with the added cleaning of vehicles this is still the case.
This is the reason why Disney doesn't release official numbers, so people don't start planning with those and expect certain outcomes.

While practicing this morning, after clicking the join button, my name did not come up to join!

What happens if this glitch happens during your one chance at the park?

Also, looks like it might be down again!?

I wonder if ignorance would be bliss with rotr lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter