READ POST 1 & 2 FIRST-Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group Planning and Information-*No Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Tried again just now at home. The whole app has been frozen since 1:53. It wouldn't even let me log in. I hope this isn't a common problem.

I forgot to post our results from Saturday, October 17th. We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and got to the Skyliner line around 8:45. There was a pretty long line, but we were on the skyliner in about 20 minutes. Security and ticketing were a breeze, and we were in the park by 9:30.

We tried to get in line for MMRR, but they had closed off the line because it was too full. They told everyone to come back in 10 minutes, but they also wouldn't let us wait right there. (I think the ride must not have been running yet. As soon as it started running, I bet they let people in the line.) We didn't want to wait, so we headed to MFSR. We had to get a baby swap, and my husband had time to ride and was off by 9:53. We decided to just sit right outside the exit of MFSR until 10. There was a nice area we blocked off for our toddler to play.

We both had turned off wifi and location services, so we were on verizon network. My husband has a google pixel so we downloaded an app that let him add seconds to his clock. This really, really helped us because my husband got boarding group 1!!!! We were so excited!

I don't know if it was because he had the seconds on his phone or that he has a pixel and I have an iphone, but he killed me in practice almost every time. He may just have quicker reflexes, but I'm going to blame it on the technology. :)

I had to pick up my car from the shop during lunch and I had set an alarm 2 min early reminding to try. And I was driving! But I came to a stoplight and waited the last 30 seconds and was able to get to the page is everyone in the park!! So that made me feel better that I got it both times today. What worked for me is once I was in the queue page, I kept refreshing until the blue join light came on.

Disney is hoping to have Rise capacity increased by the end of the week.

I wrote about my experience getting BG 7 a few posts back but I also wanted to add about the plexiglass here since I see other people discussing it so I'm assuming it does't count as a spoiler & also adds to the increase in boarding groups which is what this thread is ~*about*~

My friend and I were in the queue with one other family of 4 and we were each assigned our section to get in the ride vehicle and we walk to them and both of our parties were assigned to the back row -- when both of our vehicles had plexiglass on them -- and no parties were in the front row.
I politely asked to sit in the front row if no one else was coming and they said yes but I felt bad for the other family, they didn't ask and were stuck in the back row with plexiglass and no one in front!
So I have no report on how clear the plexiglass is, but moral of the story is if you go this week before they start assigning parties to the front AND back of the vehicles and they try to put you behind plexiglass, politely ask for the front!

I wrote about my experience getting BG 7 a few posts back but I also wanted to add about the plexiglass here since I see other people discussing it so I'm assuming it does't count as a spoiler & also adds to the increase in boarding groups which is what this thread is ~*about*~

My friend and I were in the queue with one other family of 4 and we were each assigned our section to get in the ride vehicle and we walk to them and both of our parties were assigned to the back row -- when both of our vehicles had plexiglass on them -- and no parties were in the front row.
I politely asked to sit in the front row if no one else was coming and they said yes but I felt bad for the other family, they didn't ask and were stuck in the back row with plexiglass and no one in front!
So I have no report on how clear the plexiglass is, but moral of the story is if you go this week before they start assigning parties to the front AND back of the vehicles and they try to put you behind plexiglass, politely ask for the front!

On one hand, I am glad for the plexiglass allowing more people opportunities to ride who would have otherwise not been able to.
On the other hand, I don't want to sit behind that plexi glass.

I just wanted to share my experience getting Boarding Groups. We went 4 times over the last week and got BG's: 2, 3, 6, 15. The days we went were: Saturday, Wednesday, Friday, Tuesday.

I restarted my phone somewhere around 9:45 because it's basically a brick that freezes all the time at this point. I had the app open a few minutes before 10 in case I needed to sign in. I went all the way to the screen that tells you the virtual que is not enrolling at this time. At 9:59 I'd start refreshing close to 10am, making sure to refresh right at 10am (I had checked my phone against a world clock and my phone matched up with it). I was hitting the area where the join button would show up repeatedly, and then clicked join on the next screen as soon as it showed up.

We got the first two groups standing outside the bathrooms in Toy Story Land. Realizing that was a poor use of time, we hopped on line for Smuggler's Run the third day at 9:55ish and got the BG while in that queue which meant we waited 15 minutes for the ride. After 10am everyone hops on line for something and the wait times shoot up. The third time we were outside the line for Toy Story Mania - the cast member was actually telling everyone to stay outside the line if trying for a BG because you lose reception in the building. That was the day we got group 15 and we knew immediately we weren't getting a BG below 10 because we both swiped down on our phones but our phones didn't register it to refresh the page so we had to try again (if that makes sense...).

I don't know if there's any useful nuggets of info in there, but I wanted to share my experience. The first day we walked right on. The second day the ride broke down and we waited in the line for an hour and twenty minutes. The third and fourth time we waited 20-30 minutes on the line. People cluster around the entrance to the ride waiting for their group to be called, so once yours is called sometimes you gotta awkwardly shuffle around there asking people if they're entering the ride or waiting.

What gives this morning? The blue JOIN button is still active and it's 10:03.....??

Seems like a LONG window today... anyone else? Is it because they released more capacity?

At best I would think they would have doubled capacity.... but to go from BGs being gone in 10 seconds to still being active 5 minutes later... something else has to be up.

ETA: I'll be interested to hear from people live in the park today to see if there is maybe a problem with people IN the park not being able to get BGs for some reason.

Also the boarding group range looks small. It's 1-4 and usually the range is 8-9 groups. 10:06 and it's still active even with extended capacity something has to be wrong.

At best I would think they would have doubled capacity.... but to go from BGs being gone in 10 seconds to still being active 5 minutes later... something else has to be up.

ETA: I'll be interested to hear from people live in the park today to see if there is maybe a problem with people IN the park not being able to get BGs for some reason.
Right... I feel like there has to be a glitch. Hopefully those in the park could get BGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter