Recent trip Disneyland

mkmommy

DIS Veteran
I got back last week from a wonderful 3 week adventure that started with 4 days at Disneyland

Flying from Buffalo so booked through Park Sleep and Fly and stayed at the Aloft with hotel and 3 weeks parking- everything was perfect , hotel. Shuttle and parking.

Flew BUF-SNA as i wanted to avoid LAX . Ran into weather issues and ended up at ONT and then once the storm cleared flew back to SNA , added a couple of hours to the flight but better safe than sliding off the runway. I gather SNA has a short run way and they are extra careful.

Got 4 day park hopper tickets with my Airmiles and had been buying Disney Gift Cards when I would redeem PC points for meals in the park. - Did counter service meals and they were always about $20 each- food was fine, but as long as I am not cooking it is good.

Stayed at Candy Cane Inn- what a beautiful little hotel. Location is about 10 minute walk to the parks. The rooms was super clean and had everything you needed , the breakfast was good and the grounds have lots of tropical plants..

I have not been to Disneyland in 20 years and did little planning or research which was the normal when I would travel with my kids , but this was a solo trip so I was just going to wing it.
The parks were fun, I did not get Genie Plus and did not wait longer than 30 minutes for any ride. If I wanted to ride something and the waits were long I would come back later.
I did have park hopper and would get to the parks at opening, do a ton before 11.00- take a lunch break , go back to the hotel about 1:00 and then head back to a park about 5.00- I was there Nov 14-18 and the parks were open till midnight every day . Had bad luck with fireworks as they were cancelled 3 of the 4 nights so the one night was a zoo and the crowds were chaotic so I headed to the back of the castle and only saw part of the show. Favorite spot was Carlsland- it is so immersive and beautiful especially at night - how did I miss the Radiator Springs Racers is Test Track with a Cars theme. Took advantage of the Single rider line for that ride as that ride always had an over 60 minute wait . Christmas decorations did not seem very abundant and was a little disappointed. I have been to WDW several times in Nov-Dec and was always impressed.

I then did a 15 night NCL Panama Canal cruise. It was spectacular, and what a great deal. If I had paid for my park tickets 4 days at Disneyland, it would have been more expensive than 15 day cruise.

I ended up with 2 nights in Miami. Miami is one of my favourite cities and that too was so much fun.

Now back to reality.

We rode Radiator Springs single rider each time. Way faster. It was just DH and I so it didn't matter if we were together in the car or not.

Glad you had a great time.

Your trip sounds amazing! What airline did you use from Buffalo? And was it a direct flight? I've just started looking at a first trip to Disneyland and want to fly out of Buffalo.

Your trip sounds amazing! What airline did you use from Buffalo? And was it a direct flight? I've just started looking at a first trip to Disneyland and want to fly out of Buffalo.
I flew American to SNA, it had a connection in Chigao,
Correct!
Shell is an easy one in our household - they sell M & M single serve meals and with the CAA discount the ones hubby loves come in just over the $5.00 mark to earn 1 mile.
Airmilesshop - i tend to use Staples with in store pick-up, that means I don't need to overspend to get to a free shipping amount.

I flew America, and it had a connection in Chicago.

I left at 8:00 am and I was in the park by 3:00. If it was not for the detour to the Ontario airport I would have been in the park by 1:00.

Disneyland AND a 15-night NCL cruise? What a dream vacation! Hope you had the best time and adjust back to reality soon. I just got back from DLR so feeling the "I should've just stayed" blues myself. 😂

What ship was it on if I may ask?

Disneyland AND a 15-night NCL cruise? What a dream vacation! Hope you had the best time and adjust back to reality soon. I just got back from DLR so feeling the "I should've just stayed" blues myself. 😂

What ship was it on if I may ask?
I was on the NCL Bliss. 2nd time on this class of ship and I really like it, think it the Breakaway class. love the Waterfront which is the outdoor Promenade and it has lots of bars and restaurants ao it has a fun atmosphere for walking the deck. The Bliss is built for Alaska and has this amazing Observation Lounge on the front of the ship and it is all glass so great views Lots of hot tubs and the pools were not crazy busy. Food was fine, I am not big on food , as long as I am not cooking it is great. The bands and singers were good too especially the Jamaican regee band on the pool deck . Only downside was the shows in the theatre they did not seem very good but after 15 DCL cruises you expect that type of show

I must admit both cruises on this class of ship I have been on have not been very full. I think there was only 3500 passengers of possible 5000 passengers . Also the passenger Nationality was over 50% non Americans, there was a huge German group and boy did they have fun
It was an amazing deal it was $3800 solo in a balcony and the the price dropped after final payment so I was given a $1300 credit to use for a future cruise .

When BMO bought airmiles and there was all the uncertainty used a bunch of points for a Nov 24 cruise and now with this cruise credit I found a 2nd cruise to piggy back and I will have a 15 day Caribbean cruise to look forward to for fall 2024. I can’t imagine going back to a 7 day cruise it would seem way too short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter