• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Redd" Joins The Pirates

If you mean the scene where the Pirates were chasing the women around in circles that was changed to be the women chasing the Pirates - that was changed years ago
they just reopened after recent changes, that is what I am referring to.

They still have guns on POC? Well that will be the next to go.

In a related story CNN is reporting that an attorney representing the dead has filed a complaint with the Walt Disney company regarding it's popular "Haunted Mansion" attraction". Lawyer Ima Shyster says his clients find the term "ghosts" offensive, and wish to be called "the living challenged" instead. He has given a list of demands to Disney. A representative for the company reports that the attraction is expected to be closed for an extended period of time for refurbishments.
She went on to say the changes will reflect a more progressive view of death in line with current attitudes. "We intend on being sensitive to the feelings of those that are no longer with us".
My point exactly! ....Enough already !!!

I see. Well the recent change removed the auction of women into slavery and changed it to an auction of goods. The scene with the woman chasing the pirates was changed long ago. There are plenty of comments on the previous thread when it was actually announced pros and cons.

You know, I wasn't thrilled that they changed it because it was an original scene, but at the same time it's a change I can get behind because hey, there were female pirates back in the day (still are) and I just like the idea of it. Its a change I can get behind, not because I found the last scene inappropriate, but because its a nice change.

ok, the recent change is a different thing around the auction scene (as @jknezek points out) the scene with the pirates chasing the women was changed years ago. The ride has gone under many changes over the years

I see. Well the recent change removed the auction of women into slavery and changed it to an auction of goods. The scene with the woman chasing the pirates was changed long ago. There are plenty of comments on the previous thread when it was actually announced pros and cons.
I misunderstood caught it on the radio this morning. now it makes sense .thanks for clearing that up for me

You know, I wasn't thrilled that they changed it because it was an original scene, but at the same time it's a change I can get behind because hey, there were female pirates back in the day (still are) and I just like the idea of it. Its a change I can get behind, not because I found the last scene inappropriate, but because its a nice change.
your point is very well made . but if you "THINK" it was because they just wanted a nice change you are mistaken. Women slaves also was prevalent at that time and some female or group found it offensive hense the change!

your point is very well made . but if you "THINK" it was because they just wanted a nice change you are mistaken. Women slaves also was prevalent at that time and some female or group found it offensive hense the change!

I mean yeah your right that their were prostitutes and slaves at the time this ride is placed and its still prevalent today and will always be prevalent. But Disney changes things all the time, even with classic rides! Nothing new. If Disney didn't want to change the scene, they wouldn't have. They have planned this for a while and I'm not surprised or offended. People complain all the time about certain elements of ride all the time but Disney doesn't bend over backwards for them, unless there is a huge backlash.

Honestly I never really heard much of a complaint about the scene until Disney announced the change, then all I heard was people complaining about "oh its those darn millennials" or "those darn feminist" etc. etc....

The parks and rides change all the time. And its okay! If Disney didn't do any updates or changes then we would still have Mission to the Moon in Tomorrowland.

Change is fine. And this is a change that yes, speaks to the times we are living in. But isn't that what Walt was all about? Progress?

Also, I can only speak for myself but as a feminist I didn't mind the original scene and I like the new scene as well.

We need to really be careful on how we proceed on this PC subject. I know I don't want to be offended by any "micro aggressions".

We need to really be careful on how we proceed on this PC subject. I know I don't want to be offended by any "micro aggressions".
This discussion already happened. It was a very long thread that you can find by searching. I doubt it needs to be rehashed. There aren't any new comments. Disney has done what they chose to do. If it truly upsets you, vote with your wallet. Otherwise, enjoy the rest of the entertainment being provided when you visit.

Oh okay, so you are just claiming that people were outraged about it but have no proof. Got it.

I think the hysteria over this change is so silly lol

I agree. I seriously never saw anyone really complain about the scene really. Its mostly people now complaining about the update/change and are overly offended by the change, and now they are trying to blame certain groups of people without solid resources.

I agree. I seriously never saw anyone really complain about the scene really. Its mostly people now complaining about the update/change and are overly offended by the change, and now they are trying to blame certain groups of people without solid resources.

Yup! And what cracks me up is that this is all primarily being blamed on women complaining about the ride which supposedly caused the change...but the vast, vast majority of people complaining about any of this are men lol

Reactions: MPD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter