Refillable mugs at Leaping Horse Libations?

akghutton

DIS Veteran
I just read on another Disney site that you can get refillable mugs at the Leaping Horse Libations at the BWV pool. Is this true? I have never seen it mentioned before. If it is true, does anyone know if they are for free refills or discounted refills?

Great question...and seeing how we leave in 8 Days, 22 hours & 58 minutes...I'd like to know the same answer!!

According to Deb Wills site, the 12-oz. mugs are $3.29 and refills are 91 cents but this info is from '98 so prices may have increased.

Just back from a week at OKW. While getting a soda at Port Orleans, I noticed that their refillable mugs were $8.99!!! Seeing Disney tries to keep all prices for same items the same throughout the park, I am guessing all have gone up considerably for the free refill mugs.

Jeanne,
There is no free refill mug program available at the DVC resorts.
They are all on a per refill basis and they are no bargain.

Unless you just want the mug (my wife did) the BWV mug isn't going to save you any money.
I didn't know you could refill them at Leaping Horse. I thought it was only at the Bakery...

Gail,
We use to get refillable mugs at Dixie Landings with free refills for your entire stay, and they were quite reasonable. I don't understand why some resorts would give their guests free refills with their mugs and some would charge per refill. It's disappointing, but I guess we will just bring in canned sodas and juice from Goodings.

Most of the Disney resorts do, indeed, have the refillable program,
DVC is a different entity, hence, they don't have the program.
We are a "member resort". :)
If you are going to buy juice and soda from Goodings, save time, buy it at the General Store, the price is about the same.

Gail,
Thanks for the advice; it will save us a trip to the store. The sooner we can get to the BWV, the better, especially with a 2-year-old.:D

I believe WL has the refillable mugs, but not BWV or OKW. We've bought refillables at FW, CBR, CS and the Poly and they have always been worth the $9....these are with free refills. The discounted refill deal really doesn't seem worth it, especially when there's a fridge in your room and you can byo.

Hey did you know that Disney re-fillable mugs never expire! That's right!!! You can pack and bring your mug down every year for free re-fills where avaiable. It's fun, the kids love it. The mug is the first thing that they pack. The front desk lady at Dixie Landings told me about it a couple of years ago.
Just wanted to let you know!:cool:

Yup, VWL does have free refills with their refillable mugs.

Yes indeed WL has the mugs. I bought one just last week...what a deal...the thing is paid for twice over! I'll have to check my materials when I get home but I thought BW & OKW both had refillable mugs but at a price.

You can purchase the mug at the Bakery on the Boardwalk. Leaping Horse Libations doesn't sell the mugs.

You can fill them at the Bakery, the Belle Vue Room (Mornings with coffee) and Leaping Horse Libations (coke, ice tea etc.)

If I remember correctly, the coffee refills are .95 or .59 ( one of those numbers! :)) and I think I paid $1.00 for the coke at the pool.

What surprised me was when the woman working in the Bakery told me that I could bring it back with me every year. I remember before we became DVC Members, over at the Poly, one woman was scolded for not "purchsing a new one" at the snack bar.

That they've stopped allowing you to use your refillable mug every year, you had to buy a new one every year, I think thatg was over on the resorts board.

You know it's one of those new rules that the Michael Eisner penny pinching assault teams came up with.

I'd say the "forever" refillable mug program is still in effect.

I was visiting WL last month and they still have the same refillable mug we bought on our first trip in 1998. So they wouldn't have any way of knowing if we bought it now or 3 years ago.

I have been told several times that the refillable mug can be used "forever". Personally, I'd settle for use until 2042! ;)

It was just this July that the woman who worked at the Bakery told me I didn't need to buy a new one.

But then again; this could have changed within the past 2 months. Anything is possible! ;)

Do I smell another idea for a DVC perk--a special DVC refillable mug with a special 41 year life! Refills will be pegged to the current DVC point price direct from Disney at a rate of .01 per $1.00 or $0.75 as the current refill price!

Doctor P.....that would be a step backwards!

My WL refillable mug provides FREE refills. Any charge, however small, would be an increase in cost.

Please don't give 'em any ideas on taking away any more of our current perks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter