Refillable Popcorn Buckets

Well, you have to figure that they are still making money charging $1.50 for what has to cost them 2 cents. If they offered to fill your hat for $1.50, Disney would still be making a profit.

edited to say: I just pulled out my calculator and my google machine and figured that if costs about 2.5 cents to make 2 1/2 to 3 cups of popcorn - buying popcorn in bulk at $20 for a 50 pound bag.

Last edited:
The link that somebody posted above specifically said they were good for day of purchase only!! I copied this from that link:

Beginning June 26, guests at Walt Disney World will be able to purchase a refillable souvenir popcorn bucket. The initial cost of the bucket is $10; refills will be $1.50. WDW News Todaysays the discounted refills are “for the remainder of the day.” It’s unclear yet how this will work and how refills would be monitored each day.
Well I'm here now and all the signs at the popcorn stands say refillable for length of stay

I am not sure if I should have posted this here or some where in the restaurants but hopefully this works.

Does anyone know if we can use the refillable popcorn buckets anywhere during the trip? For example I buy some of the Buffalo Blu Cheese Popcorn in EPOCT and get the bucket, then the next day I take the bucket to Magic Kingdom to get the Maple Popcorn, will I be able to use the same bucket and only pay $1.50 for the popcorn that second day?

Thanks
We visited back in September, and bought one of these buckets. I can confirm that you can refill the buckets for the duration of your trip. I believe Disney did advertise day-of refills to begin with, but soon realised this was impractical - who wants 14 popcorn buckets for a 2 week trip?! This is a great deal (especially with a family who can share the bucket of popcorn), the only downside is having to carry the bucket round all day!

The link that somebody posted above specifically said they were good for day of purchase only!! I copied this from that link:

Beginning June 26, guests at Walt Disney World will be able to purchase a refillable souvenir popcorn bucket. The initial cost of the bucket is $10; refills will be $1.50. WDW News Todaysays the discounted refills are “for the remainder of the day.” It’s unclear yet how this will work and how refills would be monitored each day.

Yes, I realize that (I'm the one that posted the link), as I stated that was the initial advertisement, however it was never enforced and when you ask CM's at the park about it, they'll tell you the same...there may now be signs indicating that they're good for length of stay, I'm not sure, but either way, in reality they are. Obviously, ppl. are free to buy a new one each day/park if they wish, but the answer is no, it is not necessary in order to do the refills for $1.50.

Is there a list somewhere of places to refill the popcorn??? DH loves popcorn and thats a cheap snack.
We carry a backpack, so not a big deal to keep the bucket on us

It is for the length of stay. We were there for 2 weeks in November and bought a bucket the first day and used it at all the parks the entire trip. I will tell you when refilling the buckets, the CMs didn't seem to care what the bucket looked like or when you bought it, they just refilled it for the refill price. I saw lots of people with much different buckets than I had refilling. I didn't see anyone try to refill one of those specialty buckets....they were all the standard size buckets. I'm not sure about the flavored popcorn as we never got the flavored kind....my kids like the regular. They refill at any popcorn stand (again not sure if the flavored popcorn is included).

We bought one in MK in October and refilled a few times there and a couple at Epcot during the length of our stay.....$1.50 popcorn refill makes a cheap snack the whole family can share!

You can refill it as much as you want across multiple days. I am a local and was able to purchase a bucket and use it every weekend. I purchased the Halloween bucket. When the Christmas buckets came out I was over popcorn so I didnt buy another. I'll see what kind of buckets they are selling next weekend.

We just got back from a 2 week trip.
Got our bucket at Epcot with the buffalo popcorn. $10
Refills all parks $1.50. Epcot had the cheddar and chive flavors also and they were included.
All signs say length of stay and we asked to make sure.

Do you know if there are flavored popcorns available for refill in other parks?

We just got back from a 2 week trip.
Got our bucket at Epcot with the buffalo popcorn. $10
Refills all parks $1.50. Epcot had the cheddar and chive flavors also and they were included.
All signs say length of stay and we asked to make sure.

Man! I'm excited about this! My girls and DH LOVE popcorn...perfect snack for a family on the move through the park. :cheer2:

Do you know if there are flavored popcorns available for refill in other parks?

We didn't see any flavored popcorn in other parks, but didn't really look for them or ask about them.
DH liked the buffalo.....but it is super messy. Very orange :rotfl:
Even the cheese was very colorful......so we just started to get the plain.

We got the Mickey vampire bucket back in October. Refilled it for the whole stay. Then I had a cute Halloween decoration for the rest of the month.

Where do you get maple popcorn in Mk??

The snack/popcorn stand near Pecos Bill's in Frontierland. It's called "Wayward Ho" or something? Get your bucket at a regular stand - regular buckets were $10 ($4.75, I think, for a regular scoop), but buckets at the maple popcorn stand were $11 for the same bucket ($5.25 for a scoop). But the refill price was still $1.50 for maple! The maple popcorn was delicious and popped fresh right there!

I'm an AP who LOVES the popcorn. I thought the buckets had a chip underneath, all this time. At the prompting of my bf and after seeing someone get a refill ahead of us and realizing nothing special had been done to the bucket, I asked the CM how long the buckets were really good for. She said "length of stay" (which is what it says on the sign). I said "But I'm a passholder and local....so are you telling me there is no real 'check' on the buckets?" She was like "correct....technically it's not supposed to happen, but there's no real way they can prevent a passholder from purchasing a bucket and bringing it back for refills." All these months that I have bought my one scoop on the way out for $4+!!! Dang. But now I know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter