RESALE POLICY CHANGE!

Are you serious, you have some terrible information, I have the info on my MacBook that says otherwise. I guess you pay $23,000 a year for the software to search this with a guarantee of +/- 3% accuracy that my father and his firm have....smh, This is why the Internet is a bad place to make informed decisions...

So. You want 150 SSR points, with current rate resale around 90 and direct 140.

3 options:

1. Buy direct 150 x 140 = $21,000.

2. Forget the extras and buy 150 resale 90 x 150 = $13,500

3. Buy 125 resale at 90 and 25 direct at 150 (125x90) + (25 x 140) = $14,750.

The question now isn't if direct is worth the $7,500 premium. It's not.

No. The question is whether the discounts and events are worth the $1,250 to add a kicker to your purchase. Maybe. Maybe not.

And consider this. The MK member event? Can now be had for a price direct from Disney. In the end these (NEW) member events are nice but not worth a premium purchase price.

But. This is how I'm going to choose to respond to what I feel is spite from DVC.

I bought a Poly contract with financing (a bridge loan for us but that's neither here nor there). Today, I'm going to begin the process to transfer that loan to Monera.

My personal way to penalize spiteful behavior.
Just sell your membership and buys Westgate timeshare and let me know how you like that. I did and now I own DVC

Are you serious, you have some terrible information, I have the info on my MacBook that says otherwise. I guess you pay $23,000 a year for the software to search this with a guarantee of +/- 3% accuracy that my father and his firm have....smh, This is why the Internet is a bad place to make informed decisions...
There are two other forums where members pull and post the deeds each month for Poly, including listing point size of contracts.

The information is out there.

When I read the letter I was thinking about the new things (the Members Lounge at Epcot for example) and not existing perks like TOWL. I didn't even consider they would eliminate existing perks too. That's really sad.

I was disappointed in DVC the last time when they decided to prevent resale buyers from going on the member cruise. I agree these new restrictions are really sad. :sad2:

(edit - I was just looking at the list and it lists the annual pass discount. I wonder if that is part of it too? If so, then the FL DVC buyer still does ok. But, you can pay the difference in an AP for quite awhile. Or just go to Universal more.)

Last edited:
But. This is how I'm going to choose to respond to what I feel is spite from DVC.

I bought a Poly contract with financing (a bridge loan for us but that's neither here nor there). Today, I'm going to begin the process to transfer that loan to Monera.

My personal way to penalize spiteful behavior.

I was thinking this before with all the other Disney announcements but I think we'll look at tightening up on spending at Disney. It's over due anyway.

A very good point. But I bet they do come from MF's. So maybe MF's will need to be different for direct vs resale.

If all members/owners pay the same dues, and someone can prove dues help to fund these benefits in anyway, then I am assuming a lawsuit is imminent. However, it may be hard to prove.

Personally, I think anyone who is buying now, should pay attention to this closely. If only to see that this could effectively lower resale value. Think about it. If Disney can even slightly drive down resale values, they can take advantage of picking up older contracts during ROFR at lower prices, and resell them for larger markups. Good deal for Disney, not so good for anyone buying at direct pricing who may need to sell

If all members/owners pay the same dues, and someone can prove dues help to fund these benefits in anyway, then I am assuming a lawsuit is imminent. However, it may be hard to prove.

Personally, I think anyone who is buying now, should pay attention to this closely. If only to see that this could effectively lower resale value. Think about it. If Disney can even slightly drive down resale values, they can take advantage of picking up older contracts during ROFR at lower prices, and resell them for larger markups. Good deal for Disney, not so good for anyone buying at direct pricing who may need to sell

Although Disney has enough difficulty in selling what they have now. And I would think they still make way more on new builds vs what they get back from ROFR and resell. Now if they ROFR a lot and drive resale prices up it won't matter much to the seller. And if it doesn't then what the buyers can save will be enough incentive to buy resale. It's tough to eliminate value when your core product really is what drives the value of the product.

I was just looking at the member benefits list and it has the annual pass discount on it. I wonder if that is part of it too and resale won't have access to the DVC passes? If so, then the FL DVC buyer still does ok. Of course you can pay the difference in an AP for quite awhile with the resale savings. Or just go to Universal more.

Yes, it looks like they wouldn't have access to any of the extras the way I'm reading it, no discounts, no events, no annual pass discounts, no TOTWL, even things like pool hopping and DVD rentals are listed under that benefits page. Seems like they would have a hard time turning down the DVD borrowing, but I guess we will see. Or are they removing the DVD players with the refurbs- I know at the Poly you have to request it.

For those currently in the resales purchase process, would the restrictions apply to those who SIGN their contracts or CLOSE after April 6, 2016?

I have the same question as the previous poster. We passed ROFR on Friday and I was hoping someone has clarification on whether or not those in the process who have signed contracts and are awaiting estoppel are grandfathered in?

I emailed our broker and hope that he has some clarification.

Yes, it looks like they wouldn't have access to any of the extras the way I'm reading it, no discounts, no events, no annual pass discounts, no TOTWL, even things like pool hopping and DVD rentals are listed under that benefits page. Seems like they would have a hard time turning down the DVD borrowing, but I guess we will see. Or are they removing the DVD players with the refurbs- I know at the Poly you have to request it.
I'd hate to be that Cast Member who has to turn away resales buyers from pool hopping.....:(

The member fee issue is something that might get interesting. If member fees pay for some of these things like TOTWL or the events, they might have a case against the policy. They would have to come up with something specific that proves those items are paid with their member fees though, and I'm not sure if that exists in the public documents. It's possible the events are paid by DVD and TOTWL funds itself through the bar receipts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter