Resort Switch by Disney Due to Poly Closure Through Summer 2021 - Please Post Your Experiences

Had a weeks long stay at the Poly (standard view room) in December and was moved to the Contemporary Theme Park View. Because it was the 3rd time being changed they also added on a free night and will be sending a $100 gift card closer to the trip.

Had a weeks long stay at the Poly (standard view room) in December and was moved to the Contemporary Theme Park View. Because it was the 3rd time being changed they also added on a free night and will be sending a $100 gift card closer to the trip.
Wow that's a pretty good deal! Did you ask for the extras they added in or did they offer?

Called this weekend for my parent's neighbors. They have 4 kids and they were scheduled for super late March 2020 for their 10th Anniversary. They stayed at the Poly for their Honeymoon. So they re-booked for their 11th anniversary March 2021...which isn't happening either.

They were switched to Theme Park View Contemporary.

On the phone, we asked if CM was even aware when a decision/announcement would be made about post September 2021 packages/rooms/tickets. CM we talked to said they really didn't have a clue. She said a few weeks ago there was a lot of rumors about it but lately nothing.

For those who have done this, do you think DVC availability for points rental will increase or decrease with the news of the resort side closing? Wondering if this would be an option for us to look into for April 2021 (had to cancel our 2020 Poly stay w/price protection)

Knowing the resort rooms would be closed, I actually switched my March trip to the Poly. So, I don’t see this making it more or less likely because TTC is close to DVC rooms and therefore the monorail being down isn’t a huge issue.

We got moved to the Grand as well. Unfortunately, we are debating postponing our October trip until after the first of the year, and I doubt they'd let us keep the same price if we move it 🤔

Thanks. I wasn’t aware of that but was really hoping to use the monorail since we have young kids. I will see if they can move us to another resort.

We rented through DVC Rental Store for February 19-21 2021 and I spoke with someone there today after putting in a couple of calls. The full story I've received so far is that this update does NOT impact DVC villas and bungalows outside of the monorail closing in October. I was told however, that the Ticketing and Transportation center is about equidistant from the DVC members longhouses as the monorail itself was to begin with (5 minute walk). In addition to this I was told that the refurb will be the primary longhouses for direct Disney bookings and that parts of the ceremonial house will remain open as well as some of the dining there. If you want to cancel or switch resorts DVC rental is requiring the use of your protection plan to do so and they aren't flexible on that fact at all! Hope this helps.

I called Disney about another issue and asked the CM about my December 2 nights at the Poly. She moved me to the studio side, which is what I was hoping for. She also offered contemporary.
So it sounds like you weren't renting points though, correct? You are a direct DVC member? That is a different issue entirely and Disney is making good on switching people to other resorts as far as I know. :)

So it sounds like you weren't renting points though, correct? You are a direct DVC member? That is a different issue entirely and Disney is making good on switching people to other resorts as far as I know. :)
Also, I hope this response didn't come off as salty because that's not the intention. As I understood it the OP was asking specifically about DVC rental store switches to bookings so that's why the response. I'm new here and still figuring it all out!

Edited to say @teach22180 You are 100% correct. I must've clicked on the wrong forum post when trying to respond to another questions from another poster. :o

Last edited:
No I was on the hotel side which now isn't opening. I thought they were asking where we were being moved to. I was moved to a studio villa still at the Poly. I am happy with that. She mentioned the Contemporary as my alternative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter