• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Restaurants, May 5-13 trip

kcashner

DIS Veteran
A few of the TS restaurants we visited....

Les CHef de France--This was probably the best meal I have ever eaten! The restaurant was a little crowded and noisy. The food was wonderful, the service impeccable. We each had a different steak. DD had lobster bisque, I had French Onion Soup. We tried 2 different desserts. Would totally recommend this to anyone!

Le Cellier--we didn't make reservations for this one initially, but tried to add it after we arrived. ON our first phone call, I was told nothing was available for that night or the next 2 nights. I called back later, and there had been a cancellation. This would be my #2 favorite, and a close rival to Les Chefs.

Great food! DD had 7 ounce fillet without sauce, I had it with the maple sauce. The pretzel bread was heavenly. I didn't like my "assorted cheeses" appetizer. The Canadian Cheese soup DD had was wonderful. We got the desserts to go as we were totally full. Server was lovely, gave very clear instructions to us (and to family with small children next to us) re dining plan--very good deal, you can choose anything on the menu in these categoies. Children were allowed to choose an adult appetizer, children's dessert and entree.

Coral Reef--we were seated right on the tanks (fun!) Good food, beautifully served. DD liked the lobster bisque at Chefs de France better. At the Coral Reef it was more "tomato-y." Again, a high recommendation.

Planet Hollywood--it's all about the atmosphere! The food was good, the atmosphere was totally fun. We had steak, a hamburger, potato skins, chicken fingers, brownie sundae and ? other dessert. Good service, good food, fun. Obviously more casual than the above. Right near the bus stop, so little walking. ADRs must be at least 24 hours in advance, but they do take walk ins.

Whispering Cove Cafe--the food was terrible, the atmosphere total fun. I probably wouldn't go back. The best item was the nachos.

Teppanyaki--I wrote a separate post on what was included/excluded. A good meal, fun atmosphere. 15 year old loved it, I liked it.

50s Prime TIme--fun atmosphere with very good food. The Dad's sundae has a lot of "stuff" on it that isn't listed on the menu (carmel popcorn, nuts). It really was a fun night.

Concourse Steak House--this one is hard to evaluate because it was so mixed and weird. We arrived about 30 minutes before our ressie and could see that the restaurant was nearly empty. DD asked if we could have a booth if one was available. The male CM said he'd see what he could do, and a female (name tag LISA) snapped that she couldn't make any promises. We sat while at least 75 people were seated ahead of us, and having arrived at 5:30 for 6:00 ADR, we were seated at 6:13. After we were seated, a CM came over commented, "She is very beautiful" to herself, and said to my daughter "you have very beautiful eyes." Odd. but.....

My steak was cooked medium and was perfect. DD ordered medium rare, and sent it back twice because it was medium well (or more). Server was very sweet, and agreed it was overcooked. Third time, it was definitely rare, but she ate it--tired of fussing. During the meal, Lisa came over and "accidentally" knocked into her chair. I have no idea what this was about, but this particular CM was being totally hateful toward her. I've never seen anything like this at WDW, and it certainly didn't relate to DD's behavior! Dessert was good. DD wanted me to talk to restaurant manager about Lisa. I pointed out that everything she'd done could be dismissed as "accidental," or "policy."

I'll post some $ amounts, etc. later. At most restaurants, the 18% tip was automatically added. However, at a few, the $ figure we got didn't include the tip...but it was noted on the reciept that tip was included on dining plan.

All of our totals (for 2 people) were at least $76, several were in the $110-115 range.

Yes, based on what we ordered we were saving major $. However, there is no way we would have ordered this much food off the plan. At most, we would have shared an appetizer and dessert. In many cases, we really were too full for dessert. Not to bash the plan...but the numbers don't tell the whole story of how we would have eaten without the DDP

Hopefully this helps. I know some of you want prices, and I will get to those as soon as I finish laundry,etc.

kcashner said:
A few of the TS restaurants we visited....

Les CHef de France--This was probably the best meal I have ever eaten! The restaurant was a little crowded and noisy. The food was wonderful, the service impeccable. We each had a different steak. DD had lobster bisque, I had French Onion Soup. We tried 2 different desserts. Would totally recommend this to anyone!

Le Cellier--we didn't make reservations for this one initially, but tried to add it after we arrived. ON our first phone call, I was told nothing was available for that night or the next 2 nights. I called back later, and there had been a cancellation. This would be my #2 favorite, and a close rival to Les Chefs.

Great food! DD had 7 ounce fillet without sauce, I had it with the maple sauce. The pretzel bread was heavenly. I didn't like my "assorted cheeses" appetizer. The Canadian Cheese soup DD had was wonderful. We got the desserts to go as we were totally full. Server was lovely, gave very clear instructions to us (and to family with small children next to us) re dining plan--very good deal, you can choose anything on the menu in these categoies. Children were allowed to choose an adult appetizer, children's dessert and entree.

Coral Reef--we were seated right on the tanks (fun!) Good food, beautifully served. DD liked the lobster bisque at Chefs de France better. At the Coral Reef it was more "tomato-y." Again, a high recommendation.

Planet Hollywood--it's all about the atmosphere! The food was good, the atmosphere was totally fun. We had steak, a hamburger, potato skins, chicken fingers, brownie sundae and ? other dessert. Good service, good food, fun. Obviously more casual than the above. Right near the bus stop, so little walking. ADRs must be at least 24 hours in advance, but they do take walk ins.

Whispering Cove Cafe--the food was terrible, the atmosphere total fun. I probably wouldn't go back. The best item was the nachos.

Teppanyaki--I wrote a separate post on what was included/excluded. A good meal, fun atmosphere. 15 year old loved it, I liked it.

50s Prime TIme--fun atmosphere with very good food. The Dad's sundae has a lot of "stuff" on it that isn't listed on the menu (carmel popcorn, nuts). It really was a fun night.

Concourse Steak House--this one is hard to evaluate because it was so mixed and weird. We arrived about 30 minutes before our ressie and could see that the restaurant was nearly empty. DD asked if we could have a booth if one was available. The male CM said he'd see what he could do, and a female (name tag LISA) snapped that she couldn't make any promises. We sat while at least 75 people were seated ahead of us, and having arrived at 5:30 for 6:00 ADR, we were seated at 6:13. After we were seated, a CM came over commented, "She is very beautiful" to herself, and said to my daughter "you have very beautiful eyes." Odd. but.....

My steak was cooked medium and was perfect. DD ordered medium rare, and sent it back twice because it was medium well (or more). Server was very sweet, and agreed it was overcooked. Third time, it was definitely rare, but she ate it--tired of fussing. During the meal, Lisa came over and "accidentally" knocked into her chair. I have no idea what this was about, but this particular CM was being totally hateful toward her. I've never seen anything like this at WDW, and it certainly didn't relate to DD's behavior! Dessert was good. DD wanted me to talk to restaurant manager about Lisa. I pointed out that everything she'd done could be dismissed as "accidental," or "policy."

I'll post some $ amounts, etc. later. At most restaurants, the 18% tip was automatically added. However, at a few, the $ figure we got didn't include the tip...but it was noted on the reciept that tip was included on dining plan.

All of our totals (for 2 people) were at least $76, several were in the $110-115 range.

Yes, based on what we ordered we were saving major $. However, there is no way we would have ordered this much food off the plan. At most, we would have shared an appetizer and dessert. In many cases, we really were too full for dessert. Not to bash the plan...but the numbers don't tell the whole story of how we would have eaten without the DDP

Hopefully this helps. I know some of you want prices, and I will get to those as soon as I finish laundry,etc.
We were there last week also. I agree with your above quote. We never order apps or desserts, but it was fun to try it :) I also have to agree with that assorted cheese appetizer at Le Cellier! Blech :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter