Ride Swap --TEAM BELIEVE--

im happy to say im heading home now (after a quick stop at AC Moore to use my 50% off coupon) !!!! :cool1:

Hi everyone! I'm just back from two weeks at WDW. ::MickeyMo I enjoyed every ride knowing I had these swaps coming up! I took different pictures and really enjoyed IASW with the new changes! It was so bright the pictures are amazing! The only ride I didn't get on was the one I am scrappin' for!! The wait was too long for Aladdin's carpets! I noticed a big difference in crowds and prefer off peak much better! I noticed more shows this time like Pocohantas and the new Cinderella show! :wizard: HHmmm maybe another swap...brewing...?

Well I think we have 4 rounds of Park Swaps starting near the end of Summer... So save your ideas!

I need to get off the computer and work on mine...

-em

Ok, working on my tags and here's what I'm thinking. (Jungle Cruise) I have my tags in a brownish color, then a evergreen block on top of that and then a slate block on top of that. I thought I'd crimp one of the layers (either the brown tag or the green middle) and then do a jungle stamp on the small slate top. The fibers I got for the hole look like jungle vines. I can't decide if the middle layer or the base should be crimped. :confused3 I know, I know minor detail, but I'm up for suggestions, DH is NO help. "Both look good, Baby." :rolleyes:

Well, if both look good....maybe crimp the middle layer? It might be easier to attach to the page that way. Just a thought....

I'm doing boarders and I have finished one, then I realized I need to do two per person. So my question is, do both boarders need to be the same width? :confused3

Thanks for all your help,
Shawna

I checked back over past swaps (looked at the pix) when I did my first swap. They appear to be the same width. That's how I did mine for the swap & on LOs since then...but then I'm pretty weird about uniformity. I tend to make mine identical too, if there are no embellishments, although I did do different ones for the swap. :rolleyes:

I think it's a matter of taste. What do you do for your own pages? I've seen them do different widths on DIY's Scrapbooking show. I'm willing to try to "branch out" & try new things. ;)

piratesmate said:
Well, if both look good....maybe crimp the middle layer? It might be easier to attach to the page that way. Just a thought....
Now that's what I call DIS know-how! Thanks, I didn't think about that.

Just thinking, Em, am I signed up to do 2 borders and 1 tag & 1 journaling box or 2 tags & 2 journaling boxes?

I use my borders either on the same page or across from each other on the same layout. If its a border for the side, I would say they should be the same size. If they are for the top and bottom of a page I guess you could change the width. Then again I'm probably not the person to ask. I am pretty anal about my layouts, and like everything to match. Maybe Em should answer this one.

Cyndi

Sconnell- You have Box n Tag so One Journal Box and One Tag

----------
As for borders- I have no prob with different widths as long as they are noticiably different (ie one 1 inch and 1/2 inch) I don't like ones that are say 1 inch and oh 1/8 inch off that- They just look messy and "supposed to be identical but not" to me- Id rather go same than minorly differernt

-em

Well I much searching I found the Buzz Lightyear stickers that I needed for this swap. Went to my LSS today and they also have a invatation dept. and I was talking to one of the workers about how I wish they had stickers that matched one of the invatation cards they had of Buzz and she told me to check out a party supply store. We have to close to where I live so I took a ride over to one of them this evening a low and behold they had what I was looking for..........YAHOO :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Boy that is a load off my mine.

I have recut all the pieces for the boarders- I hope ya'll like them.
Shawna

Everything is cut. I still have to assemble and embellish everything but I feel that I am in a good place. I plan to try to get lots done this weekend as I start an evening class next week and won't be available in the evenings after that.

Oh, I'm so glad it arrived safely. :) First swap down, 500 more to go! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter