Rip Ride Rockit Construction Photos

I've been watching everything take shape, and I'm confused about 1.) why are there so many trim brakes? and 2.) will the first drop be vertical like the lift hill because it looks like from the supports that the track won't drop off straight down--also, is there supposed to be some kind of tower to disguise the lift hill supports like in the poster? I guess theses questions will be answered eventually. By the way, late spring isn't June, so I'm thinking around late April or early May this thing will be rollin:rotfl:

I've been watching everything take shape, and I'm confused about 1.) why are there so many trim brakes? and 2.) will the first drop be vertical like the lift hill because it looks like from the supports that the track won't drop off straight down--also, is there supposed to be some kind of tower to disguise the lift hill supports like in the poster? I guess theses questions will be answered eventually. By the way, late spring isn't June, so I'm thinking around late April or early May this thing will be rollin:rotfl:

Late spring, unfortunately, is late June.

http://solar-system-astronomy.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_first_day_of_summer

100_4727.jpg

100_4737.jpg

100_4743.jpg

Ok its offical now I'm scared.
that thing is going to be a monster :scared:

Ok its offical now I'm scared.
that thing is going to be a monster :scared:

::yes:: And thats just the loop:scared:

Wate till they put up the lift hill and drop!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I'll be sitting at Finnegans till DW gets done...:lmao:

Holy mother!! That looks awesome! I never realized the lift his is taller than Dr. Doom!!

That is the perspective of the photo... although i dont know the height of either...

lol

Dr. Doom -- Total height 190' with a drop of 150' (from coasternet)
Rockit -- I've read the lift hill is 167' according to RCDB

What is supposed to make this ride "The most advanced coaster..." ? I read on here this thing is supossed to be uber advanced?

I wonder if it'll have any ROLLBACKS?! :eek:

Dr. Doom -- Total height 190' with a drop of 150' (from coasternet)
Rockit -- I've read the lift hill is 167' according to RCDB

So somewhat taller? if only in drop heights

What is supposed to make this ride "The most advanced coaster..." ? I read on here this thing is supossed to be uber advanced?

I wonder if it'll have any ROLLBACKS?! :eek:

The cars are somewhat more advanced in term of the LED lights that will be on them, the audio system and the video recording system. It has the world's first non-inverting loop. One of the world's tallest coasters. Plus it looks really cool! :thumbsup2

You get to pick the music you ride to, from choices of rock, pop, metal, hip hop or country. Also your filmed going round the ride as well. Listening to country music while on the ride sounds like fun! :goodvibes

I'm pretty sure that Universal CEOs dont base their theme park seasons on the position of the Earth relative to the Sun in the solar system, I think they say "school gets out in late May, early June, that's summer, spring is in and around Spring Break for colleges and high schools." I'm guessing that to all the lucky people coming down here for vacation in May are going to be happy to see the ride running, no matter what the scientific position of the Earth is to the sun.

I'm pretty sure that Universal CEOs dont base their theme park seasons on the position of the Earth relative to the Sun in the solar system, I think they say "school gets out in late May, early June, that's summer, spring is in and around Spring Break for colleges and high schools." I'm guessing that to all the lucky people coming down here for vacation in May are going to be happy to see the ride running, no matter what the scientific position of the Earth is to the sun.

I think that when the PTB say Spring Opening, they know that it is a very broad term that can be anywhere from March to June and that as long as they open it before the "official" end of spring, no one can really complain. I can see the ride opening the end of May but not very likely before that. There is still so much left to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter