Rip, Ride, Rockit!

We were down at Universal in August and missed the soft openings by one day. :mad: But, we will be returning at the end of October. We're always "first at the gate" at opening in the morning. Has RRR been operating right at opening so that it would be possible to run there first thing? Or is it still only open at certain hours during the day?

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. When we were there, it wasn't but the queue was already wound around several times by the stage by 10 pm waiting for it to open.

Watch the wait times on this website. It should give you an idea if it is opening with the park. If Rockit isn't listed, it isn't open yet or is down.

http://secure.universalstudios.com/MobileWeb/ParkMenu.aspx

:banana::cool1::woohoo::yay::cheer2:
Rode a few times the past few days.That is the quietest ride from a distance I can remember,very little wheel or air noise.Music was nice but did not like the braking during the airtime.I felt it was about 2/3 rollercoaster and 1/3 carnival attraction with all the lights.Can't wait to ride it at night.

Is anyone in the parks at the moment/been in the last couple of days and have an update on how ripe, ride, rockit is running? Is it opening with the park or still running very haphazardly? I will be there in a week, should I head straight to HR3 at rope drop?

thanks in advance

It looked like it opened pretty early today according to the online ride times. I got there about 11 and rode it 7 times through the singles line between 11 and 2:30ish. That was with one breakdown and one really obnoxious way. Those were offset by a couple of near walk-ons. I got row 6 five times (WOO HOO!), row 1 once (minor air time but it's cool going up the lift) and row 2 once. I think I finally got one of the rough trains too although it was mild compared to something like Gwaizi.

It looked like it opened pretty early today according to the online ride times. I got there about 11 and rode it 7 times through the singles line between 11 and 2:30ish. That was with one breakdown and one really obnoxious way. Those were offset by a couple of near walk-ons. I got row 6 five times (WOO HOO!), row 1 once (minor air time but it's cool going up the lift) and row 2 once. I think I finally got one of the rough trains too although it was mild compared to something like Gwaizi.

Glad to hear it...3 ish weeks till our vacation. I should honestly be more excited about it but for some reason even though I get to try 2 new things(this coaster and hhn)I am surprisingly cool and calm and have no excitement.

Looking at wait today it says 30 minutes. Near noon that is not too bad but wait times may be off some.

The wait times are very often understated. The true wait time never budged from 45 yesterday other that to go up after the breakdown, yet I watched it stay at 30 on my G1 phone. It had been showing 20 mins. consistently early in the week so I asked TMs and they said "Never!" other than right at opening.

The wait times are very often understated. The true wait time never budged from 45 yesterday other that to go up after the breakdown, yet I watched it stay at 30 on my G1 phone. It had been showing 20 mins. consistently early in the week so I asked TMs and they said "Never!" other than right at opening.

Yea I have a feeling we will be using the single rider pretty much the whole time. May do first ride through the reg line depending how quick we get there.

rode for the first time yesterday..wish they had singles open b/c when i got to the top of the loading pladform, the grouper guy was putting all the singles in the same line anyway - i was the 3rd single so i could have saved 40 min waiting in the regular line..the ride itself was shaky and i couldn't hear my music.. i could hear it only in the very beg for like 10 sec when i was inside..then when i started to go up the lift..it cut out.. this could be due to the rain? not sure..but it wasn't that fun going up the lift in the rain..

Awsome pictures man!! have you had a chance to ride this new rollercoaster?? and where is it in the Park? am going to Orlando soon and its my first time so i want to experience this and every other ride ya know.

i think the wait times are so long because its not operating at 100% capacity. With all those brake runs, there should be like 6 trains operating at one time, but there's only one. Even for the Hulk, there are two trains on the track per ride. They should fix that, it'd make the lines much better...

Ok so I need a game plan for my trip...

Do I head there at opening and just wait it out until it opens?? Do they keep the line on the outside of the queue until it opens or do you wait inside the main queue?

Do I just do the single rider line?

I am guessing no express pass.... :upsidedow

Yes, there is a line on the outside of the queue until it opens. I would use the single rider's line.

You can judge singles to tell whether it is likely to open again soon once you go through it. I got caught in a miserably long singles line once, but when the train returned to the station, I could see it was nearly run out (they had shut it down due to the backup). Sure enough, I waited by the entrance and it reopened in five mins. When the train got back to the station that time, I could see it was still minimal so I got one more almost-immediate ride. On that one, I saw it had gotten long so I threw in the the towel.

You can judge singles to tell whether it is likely to open again soon once you go through it. I got caught in a miserably long singles line once, but when the train returned to the station, I could see it was nearly run out (they had shut it down due to the backup). Sure enough, I waited by the entrance and it reopened in five mins. When the train got back to the station that time, I could see it was still minimal so I got one more almost-immediate ride. On that one, I saw it had gotten long so I threw in the the towel.

That's exactly right. If you get to the entrance just as the single line opens or have to wait a bit for it, you are better off. If you walk into the queue and the single line is lined up down the stairs, you are probably better off to come back later.

WOW What a ride! My dd and I went last night right before they closed the park for HHN and rode it. It is amazing! Going straight up was crazy! I liked everything about this ride. I was surprised that it didn't bother me about the new lap belt harness. I thought I wouldn't like that since I like feeling very well strapped in. lol It's an awesome ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter