Rip, Ride, Rockit!

I would think the Express line would start being utilized by the busy holiday season...maybe by mid-November...just guessing though.

I hope so since I go Dec. 3-6.:thumbsup2 If not I will still get there at openning and ride it a few times.

I don't think you'll see Express during a busy season unless they get the "magic carpet" loading system working by then, and I think monkeys will fly out of my butt before that ever happens. Just watch 'em loading that thing and imagine if it was a continuous loader. Basically impossible because people don't get in and out quickly enough. If they use EP in the busy season without being at max capacity, the standby line would be insane; this summer it was 2-3 hours without Express. And Express itself would probably be pretty hellacious too. I'm afraid we might have another Pteradon Flyers on our hands.

Meh, I never want to do RRR again unless it's a 5 minute wait. Contrary to what other regular posters have said, the wait times I have seen on this past 10 day trip were 60 min - not open at all.

The first Sunday we were there the ride was closed from open till 1.5 hours before close. When it opened the wait was 75 minutes, we ended up waiting about 95ish. While the coaster is nice, it is only worth about 45 tops unless it's your first time riding.

The second day we went the line was 45 min but it had one quick break down but it still took 75 minutes.

The third day the time posted was 60 minutes but the line looked a lot shorter (based on what we had seen from the two previous days). Well, it ended up taking over 3 hours due to 7 break downs.

Fourth day, the time posted was 20 minutes on my iphone as we loaded on the boat from the Royal Pacific. It was still 20 minutes as we entered the park ... it was closed as we turned the corner to the ride... it had JUST closed!

We have had nothing but HORRIBLE experiences with this ride. If you want to risk your time, by all means go ahead. If nothing else, try it ONCE and then leave it at that unless you see a 5 minute wait time.

It was insane, THIS RIDE SHOULD NOT BE OPEN YET (IMO).

Meh, I never want to do RRR again unless it's a 5 minute wait. Contrary to what other regular posters have said, the wait times I have seen on this past 10 day trip were 60 min - not open at all.

The first Sunday we were there the ride was closed from open till 1.5 hours before close. When it opened the wait was 75 minutes, we ended up waiting about 95ish. While the coaster is nice, it is only worth about 45 tops unless it's your first time riding.

The second day we went the line was 45 min but it had one quick break down but it still took 75 minutes.

The third day the time posted was 60 minutes but the line looked a lot shorter (based on what we had seen from the two previous days). Well, it ended up taking over 3 hours due to 7 break downs.

Fourth day, the time posted was 20 minutes on my iphone as we loaded on the boat from the Royal Pacific. It was still 20 minutes as we entered the park ... it was closed as we turned the corner to the ride... it had JUST closed!

We have had nothing but HORRIBLE experiences with this ride. If you want to risk your time, by all means go ahead. If nothing else, try it ONCE and then leave it at that unless you see a 5 minute wait time.

It was insane, THIS RIDE SHOULD NOT BE OPEN YET (IMO).

I cannot agree more. I rode R3 back in mid September. Went on a Tuesday morning early and got on 2 times in a row in morning and 2 times in a row in afternoon. Wait times were never more than 20. Only once, when we were getting off the ride, were we stopped up for about 5 minutes.

I love the rides smoothness, mixed in with the music (the No Doubt track is timed really well).

But, since than I and my wife have taken our daughter there about a half dozen times to ride it and there has always been 120 minute waits.

Yesterday we got up to go there early, right at the open and, before we even got into USO we could see there was a train stopped on the first incline after the loop and there was a crane somewhere around there. We just steered clear.

This ride should not be open yet. It is a great ride and worth the 30-45 min wait but all the other aggravation is ruining it.

The ride valleyed again during horror nights. It went through the loop, and it was too windy, so the train didnt make it to the first block brake, so it rolled back and sat right above a queue line full of people for the houses. Great.

The ride valleyed again during horror nights. It went through the loop, and it was too windy, so the train didnt make it to the first block brake, so it rolled back and sat right above a queue line full of people for the houses. Great.

LOL I saw this too. It was quite entertaining. Needless to say, it wasn't open on Sunday. I waited an 1 hour and 15 minutes for this ride. It totally was NOT worth it.

Sure would have been an interesting evac if people were on it. I imagine it probably wouldn't have valleyed with the weight of riders though.

Finally got to ride this thing yesterday. Awesome coaster. Perfect addition to Universal and probably the most fun coaster in Florida. With all the music choices, it'll never get old. I can't wait to ride this thing again so I hope they work out all the kinks and get it running how it should.

Though the music choice idea was quite neat and the speakers sounded good I found the whole thing a bit dull..

This has to be the first coaster where the climb out is more thrilling than what actually follows, a very odd experience.. It runs out of momentum way too early, so your almost just riding along waiting for it to end whilst it does very little.. Still at least you can listen to your song choice :banana:

It depends a lot on the row. If you get in row 6 and manage to have a little space around the restraint you can get a decent amount of air time and float time. Not the world's most exciting ride, but it can be pretty good in the back.

It depends a lot on the row. If you get in row 6 and manage to have a little space around the restraint you can get a decent amount of air time and float time. Not the world's most exciting ride, but it can be pretty good in the back.

Major AIRTIME in the back!!:thumbsup2
This comes from my DW that thinks Shiekra is tame.......

Major AIRTIME in the back!!:thumbsup2
This comes from my DW that thinks Shiekra is tame.......
She and I need to have a little chat on the best way to ride Sheikra:

Step one: Sit in the back row on an end.

Step two: See if you can skate by without a "click" on the harness (don't worry, the seat belt thingy will hold it in place). If you must, then make it only one click.

Step three: At the top of the hill, hold your harness so you can pull it up as you drop. This will keep it from tightening.

Step four: Put your legs straight out in front of you before the drop.

Using that method, your butt should be way off the seat and your shoulders should smack that harness.

With Rip Ride Rockit, you just request row 6 and pray they don't slam down that restaint once you have it just right.

Do they have a 'bigger' seat in row 3/6 like they do on the Hulk/Duelling Dragons? I'd hate to go over and not get to go on the ride at least once, even though I'm probably being paranoid..

Row three is the "bigger" row and there are test seats in front of the entrance.

Are one of the test seats out front a "bigger" seat?

When we rode, we had an incident where one of my friends couldn't ride because of her size but she was trying to get into row five. I don't think she even tried the third row because of the embarrassment.

Rode twice last week and have to say that I'm severely disappointed. I read back a few pages and someone mentioned a "rough train." Well, in my experience (over 400 coasters ridden) I'd have to rate it as maybe the second or third worst ride I've ever been on. Bone jarringingly rough from start to finish. Even during the 90 degree incline my seat was shaking and rattling like mad. It was one of the very few times I couldn't wait for the ride to be over. Still, I gave it another chance and rode again a few days later. While not as tumultuous this time, it was still not an enjoyable ride.

The music was pretty good though (Chose Gewn Stefani and Shiny Toy Guns). And the wait was only about 20 minutes each time.

I much rather enjoyed Hulk, Dueling Dragons, and especially Revenge of the Mummy.

Overall I'm glad I went and highly recommend USO and IOA. Would have been worth paying full price....and it was an exceptionally great value at $99 for the 7 day pass (even though we only used 4 days).

Jim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter