Rise of the Resistance BOARDING GROUPS Superthread Part 2 *No Ride Spoilers Please* *PLEASE READ POSTS 1-3*

Just want to take a moment to thank all of you for your posts here. I have been following this thread fairly religiously since the ride opened, playing at home and eagerly anticipating our trip which was to begin tomorrow ☹️. I know that there are much worse things going on in the world and this is the right thing to do from a big picture standpoint, but it still sucks. My son and I have been gearing up for Star Wars land and ROTR ride for years as I know many of you have as well. To get so close to going and then having the rug pulled out has been a bitter pill to swallow but at least I have been able to enjoy all of your posts and successes. I know we will make it back eventually but today seems extra dreary so thanks for letting me vent a little😢

I second this exactly. Our first day was to be tomorrow, too and I've been prepping for months. I was all packed and ready to go. I was so depressed this morning. I think my kids are taking it better than me.

On the bright side, my dog's happy...he doesn't have to go to "spring break camp" anymore. He's lounging by the fire at the moment with a big smile on his face... :)

Yeah, I had the same thought. I'm sure some of them will have to come in on a rotating schedule to do some upkeep, but most of the guest facing CMs really will have no reason to come in.
Remember that many cast members rely on tips too so it's not all rose's for them. Good for Disney paying basic wages though.

Looks like backups ran out at 11:47 (3 hours 47 minutes is a record long for backups). With reports of 148 going out at 10:55 and 150 going out at 11AM, I'll guess that they gave out up to around 165 ish groups today.

Despite the late start they're moving at a a good clip. If they can keep it up they'll go out on a high note.

Remember that many cast members rely on tips too so it's not all rose's for them. Good for Disney paying basic wages though.
True. Hopefully the parks will take that into account.

I pulled backup BG around 1130 today; at 136 now and am actually feeling good about my chances! This would be a truly unexpected bonus!
You've got good odds! What number did you get? We know at 11am they gave out 150...

The return window has dropped to 1 hour. Looks like they are running balls out, 17-18 groups per hour to finish strong.

My suspicion is that less people are using their boarding groups. It’s awfully quiet in the queue compared to the other times I’ve been (bg31 on Tuesday - ok, bg28 on Wednesday- packed, bg150 on Friday - ghost town)

I’m 5 minutes in the line and about half way thru.

My suspicion is that less people are using their boarding groups. It’s awfully quiet in the queue compared to the other times I’ve been (bg31 on Tuesday - ok, bg28 on Wednesday- packed, bg150 on Friday - ghost town)

I’m 5 minutes in the line and about half way thru.
I'm sure there is a fair percentage of folks not using their groups today. At the same time, I'm pretty sure Disney keeps track of the percentage of groups used on a daily basis for different times of the day and uses that data to keep the number of folks actually coming in per group fairly constant.

Today, however, would be a good candidate for an outlier. Even so, they've been up continuously since they started boarding at 10:40, which is a sign of good performance even with decreased numbers per group.

8pm now, and we're at group 153. 5 to go @DonnerB !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter