• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ROFR Frustration

Anecdotally, I'd bet a Dole Whip that if you search for problems on this site, first for Fidelity, and then for, say, DVC Resale Market (picked because of size/volume of sales), you'll find the issues with Fidelity to outnumber those of DVC Resale market by orders of magnitude.

It's not a matter of whether one person had a good experience, it's a matter of how many out of 100 have a bad experience. One would assume that the "majority" of sales for most of the brokers proceed without a hitch. It's the percentage of negative experiences, even if they are in the minority, that make the difference.
May be true but we just don't have data. Your inference is purely anecdotal also - though possibly true.

May be true but we just don't have data. Your inference is purely anecdotal also - though possibly true.
Likely why I specifically used the term "anecdotal" in my original post. While we obviously don't have empirical data to determine which broker makes the most mistakes, there are absolutely far more reports regarding the mistakes made by Fidelity. Anecdotally of course.

I don't think it's a problem that some people report good experiences with Fidelity and others don't. If the idea is that everyone should just avoid Fidelity, that's nuts. Of course people are going to keep using them, they have the most DVC contracts listed after the board sponsor. It's not like you can say ooh I like this Fidelity listing but I'll just try to find another broker to buy it through. I'm more interested in whether a company makes things right when an error occurs, which is what seems to have happened for Noodlez. Not amazing, but good that they followed through.
Agree. When I find the right contract and the seller meets my terms I'm going to buy it regardless of the broker. Even if they don't appear as reliable as others. I suppose if I have a choice of contracts to bid on I could try for the more reputable brokers first, but I would always weight use year/number of points/loaded or stripped/how long on the market more.

It’s hard not to say it though….we’ve had nothing but positive experiences with fidelity, and with the exception of our last contract, DVC resale as well. This last time around communication with DVC resale after the acceptance of our offer was horrible, told us we passed ROFR when we didn’t, told us we HAD to use a certain title company when we know that’s not true. It went on and on and on, one of the people was extremely rude, told us we were about to lose our deposit when every delay was due to screw ups on THEIR end….only after a W T F email and call asking why all the BS when none of this happened with our previous contracts and with the one we were buying through Fidelity at the same time did they apologize and get their SH*T together. In the end it all worked out but Geez!! We’d still use them down the line but next time we’re going to remind them of all the BS we put up with last time and they better not screw it up this time.

Last edited:

The one thing I can say about Fidelity going a bit above and beyond is that I submitted my offer late on a Saturday, not expecting to hear anything until Monday. Then on Sunday morning the broker reached out and an hour later, my offer had been accepted. That was the one thing that impressed me, after that everything was competent, and I had no complaints. I've noticed a lot of the complaining about fidelity is in older threads when I've searched for them, I wonder if they've tried to improve their reputation more recently, because I feel like the more positive comments towards them are more recent.

The one thing I can say about Fidelity going a bit above and beyond is that I submitted my offer late on a Saturday, not expecting to hear anything until Monday. Then on Sunday morning the broker reached out and an hour later, my offer had been accepted. That was the one thing that impressed me, after that everything was competent, and I had no complaints. I've noticed a lot of the complaining about fidelity is in older threads when I've searched for them, I wonder if they've tried to improve their reputation more recently, because I feel like the more positive comments towards them are more recent.
They’ve been fine with me so far but if you just look a page back on this thread you’ll see multiple current issues with them. So no.

Well this definitely isn't an older thread! I admit that the person I was initially dealing with was extremely helpful and friendly until I had paid my deposit. I was very impressed until that point. After that I had silence. I am very grateful to the person who helped me in the end and who also admitted what had happened, but I am not happy about the deception from the others. If I had stayed dealing with the same people they would have never told me the truth, and it might still not have gone to ROFR!

I am really glad that they have made things right and I am happy with the outcome, but they still have a lot of things they can improve.

It sounds to me like everyone simply assumed the process was followed, the ROFR in Disney's hand, and they were now waiting. It wasn't until someone looked to check and make sure it had been sent off that "oops." And anyone can make that sort of processing mistake, but anecdotally, we do seem to hear Fidelity makes them more than others - and they didn't take the time to double check with the first call from the buyer.

I can. It's fidelity (https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/brand/disney-vacation-club/) I didn't want to though as it may not be something they've done wrong. It could be a DVC issue. I'm frustrated with them either way though as the last unsolicited contact was on the 2nd! Everything else I've had to beg for a reply.
This seems to be a trend with Fidelity. Similar happened to me. Someone at their office was either slow to submit or slow to act once the ROFR was received from Disney, and they don’t admit to it.

While we're on the topic of Fidelity - b/c this is my 1st time working with them - on average how long does it take to receive contract after an offer has been accepted/buyers info has been provided? With my other resale contracts, it has literally been a few hours - at most by COB if offer was accepted in the AM.

Last edited:
While we're on the topic of Fidelity - b/c this is my 1st time working with them - on average how long does it take to receive contract from title company after an offer has been accepted/buyers info has been provided? With my other resale contracts, it has literally been a few hours - at most by COB if offer was accepted in the AM.
The initial purchase and sale contract is from the broker, not the title company. A day or so?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter