ROFR Thread April to June 2021 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there will be a flood of BCV and BWV on the market in 10 years, which will probably force Disney to step in and give extensions or something. Just my guess. Regardless, it's too much of an unknown to risk a purchase at any of those 2042 resorts. At least BRV is still somewhat affordable.

I'm not certain what the risk is other than if you want it to actually be an investment of some sort beyond vacations. DVC is a timeshare that hopefully you can get a room onsite at a lower cost - or perhaps just more known anyway. It's nice its held value and can be easily sold but many never considered it an investment in anything more than a vacation. They'll hold it until the end.

There might be a "flood" because owners have gotten older but not because it's almost 2042.

MICKIMINI---$125-$4001-30-OKW-Sep-0/19, 30/20, 60/21, 30/22-SELLER PAYS CLOSING- sent 6/28/2021

I placed an offer on this asking seller to pay closing of $508 never expecting them to agree. $508 is equal to about $17 per point. I didn't have the audacity to ask for the seller to pay 2021 MF's...let's hope DVC doesn't notice LOL! :crazy2:
Nice! What a great deal! Where did you find it?

MICKIMINI---$125-$4001-30-OKW-Sep-0/19, 30/20, 60/21, 30/22-SELLER PAYS CLOSING- sent 6/28/2021

I placed an offer on this asking seller to pay closing of $508 never expecting them to agree. $508 is equal to about $17 per point. I didn't have the audacity to ask for the seller to pay 2021 MF's...let's hope DVC doesn't notice LOL! :crazy2:

If you keep going on like this, I'm going to be renting from you soon! ::yes::

Okay, I will cross my fingers and toes for you as well! :cheer2:

Nice! What a great deal! Where did you find it?

www.****************.com

I was 100% sure no seller would pay closing costs on such a small contract. Initially the seller came back at full price and I politely declined. Ten minutes later we had a deal. Another reason to just bid what you want and see what happens.
This REALLY is the last contract:rotfl2:
Looking at you @Lorana and @ABE4DISNEY! :beach:

Saw that too ! Wow! Last week I saw 2 -25 pt contracts at $175 and thought that was high!

there is a 25 point Poly out there too for $200 with no 21 points and seller wants to be reimbursed for those MF’s too. This is nuts

Are you sure the seller is requesting to be reimbursed? If Im looking at the same listing, the listing includes the current maintenance dues per point. This is standard for all contracts whether they are stripped or loaded. Asking the buyer to reimburse for points that the seller used would be more difficult compared to raising the price of the contract by the same amount. So I doubt they are asking for dues reimbursement

Are you sure the seller is requesting to be reimbursed? If Im looking at the same listing, the listing includes the current maintenance dues per point. This is standard for all contracts whether they are stripped or loaded. Asking the buyer to reimburse for points that the seller used would be more difficult compared to raising the price of the contract by the same amount. So I doubt they are asking for dues reimbursement

I may be wrong. You are probably right about the reimbursement piece. Regardless the way I see it is It’s an April UY with no points for 21. What I’ve seen is cases like this is buyer pays prorated dues on available points in current UY under most circumstances. In this case the seller should pay all 21 dues since no points available and buyer pays 22in my opinion If it had points that would be different.

I may be wrong. You are probably right about the reimbursement piece. Regardless the way I see it is It’s an April UY with no points for 21. What I’ve seen is cases like this is buyer pays prorated dues on available points in current UY under most circumstances. In this case the seller should pay all 21 dues since no points available and buyer pays 22in my opinion If it had points that would be different.

I've never seen it be any other way. If the points have been used they do not ask for the dues to be reimbursed on them. So in for the contract you mention the first dues would be for 2022.

www.****************.com

I was 100% sure no seller would pay closing costs on such a small contract. Initially the seller came back at full price and I politely declined. Ten minutes later we had a deal. Another reason to just bid what you want and see what happens.
This REALLY is the last contract:rotfl2:
Looking at you @Lorana and @ABE4DISNEY! :beach:
Ha ha ha! If I had seen that first, I would have been tempted to pick it up!
There's not many small contracts out there right now, and those that are are insane (like, I'd grab that 50-point Poly except for the $191 price tag), so that hopefully means I'm not picking up anything else any time soon.

...Till I see what VGF goes for. ;-)

I'm not certain what the risk is other than if you want it to actually be an investment of some sort beyond vacations. DVC is a timeshare that hopefully you can get a room onsite at a lower cost - or perhaps just more known anyway.
When you look at the value of a timeshare it will differ for everyone depending on when you vacation, etc.

I do annual trips and plan to alternate between BCV and poly. I decided to buy into poly but not BCV.

The cost of buying into poly and BCV are currently about the same, but the dues for poly are lower and long term savings are better. When I run the math for BCV, as much as I want it for the "emotional" part, I just can't make the savings enough to give up the flexibility of a cash stay, while the savings at poly are way higher. I've gotten excellent discounts on cash stays at BCV (our last was 2019) but in the last couple years Disney has taken hardly anything off their poly price.

I'm not sure I'd say there's a huge risk I just don't see the point of buying into a timeshare for years if the savings aren't really there.

When you look at the value of a timeshare it will differ for everyone depending on when you vacation, etc.

I do annual trips and plan to alternate between BCV and poly. I decided to buy into poly but not BCV.

The cost of buying into poly and BCV are currently about the same, but the dues for poly are lower and long term savings are better. When I run the math for BCV, as much as I want it for the "emotional" part, I just can't make the savings enough to give up the flexibility of a cash stay, while the savings at poly are way higher. I've gotten excellent discounts on cash stays at BCV (our last was 2019) but in the last couple years Disney has taken hardly anything off their poly price.

I'm not sure I'd say there's a huge risk I just don't see the point of buying into a timeshare for years if the savings aren't really there.

Yes, there's a question of value which of course might be questioned about all of DVC when you compare to all other options for visiting WDW or the other locations they have resorts. And perhaps that's what was meant - questioning the value of BCV and most of the 2042 resorts.

So that I may raise my anxiety level, what resort and/or price difference per point does Disney most often exercise their ROFR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter