ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I'm in the same boat. Working on my third this year already, from a fairly small town where everyone knows everyone (and a lot of everyone's business).šŸ¤£

The metro area where I live has over a million people. So I imagine there must be some other DVCers out there....I guess none go to my bank though. šŸ¤£

I don't really want to start a thread for this and don't really have a good place to post it so I'll just do it here.

Today we went to the bank to wire over the funds for our most recent BRV purchase. So far we have purchased 1 VGC early last year and then 2 BRV purchases this year (the first one was small and we didn't need to wire anything.)

So we made an appointment at our bank for today. Didn't pick a specific person, just made the appointment. Showed up today and it was the same guy from last Feb (or was it March?) when we bough VGC. As soon as I told him it was Disney Vacation Club he said, "you guys did this before, right?"

He actually remembered us from last year. So I'm thinking not many DVC people are living near us. Not gonna lie...I was a little embarrassed. Ha!
I live in a town of 14K ppl, so not tiny but definitely not large. It so happens that there are 3 other families in our neighborhood who are DVC Members, we've found out over the years. One time it was because we bumped into our neighbors from across the street at a Moonlight Magic event at DHS. Go figure! Now we're going on the DVC Member Cruise with those same neighbors in a couple of weeks.

Keishashadow---$130-$7281-50-BWV-Apr-39/23, 50/24, 50/25, 50/26- sent 3/26, passed 4/17

Supposed to close 5/21
Edit: had date wrong, closed 5/07 not 5/21

Received email we closed early today! 5/07Hope itā€™s permitted to state name of closing company DVC Title & Escrow.

So, how soon before I can realistically call MS looking for my contract lol?

In all seriousnessā€¦Itā€™s been awhile since we added on a resale, not sure of current process as to calling/what I need to do for this contract #. Especially as a different UY from what we already own there.

Last edited:
Received email we closed early today! 5/21. Hope itā€™s permitted to state name of closing company DVC Title & Escrow.

In all seriousnessā€¦Itā€™s been awhile since we added on a resale, not sure of current process as to calling/what I need to do for this contract #. Especially as a different UY from what we already own there.
I hope mine goes this quickly, but I know DVC Title & Escrow let us know the seller wasn't signing till 5/15 - so I think we'll be delayed. We signed 5/3 but online notary services didn't have many appointments available. We want to try and get our (already booked) Oct visit updated with the new points.

Received email we closed early today! 5/21. Hope itā€™s permitted to state name of closing company DVC Title & Escrow.
https://www.dvcclosings.com/ is fine to discuss. You are supposed to use links when discussing any business and if the filter blacks it out not use any extra words to try to direct people to the company.

Not my rules so whatever, I just try to comply. :tongue:

Did they say why you ended up closing early today??

Did they say why you ended up closing early today??
No. I did pick up that they provide complimentary online notary service to sellers. That may speed up process

putting on realtor hat, got a bit of an impression they very well might jump start title work before ROFR concludes. Just a thot, not sure if itā€™s common in resale industry or not

Based upon how quickly I saw other contracts pass ROFR, didnā€™t think ours wouldā€™ve taken as long, as we offered a relatively fair price. There was Easter holiday in the mix tho

ā€œsent 3/26, passed 4/17ā€

Just looking back at email communication see 4 weeks referenced as length of time on DVCs end to finish process

I do hope that is an over-statement meant to keep expectations in line!

Has it actually been taking DVC that long lately?

Last edited:
The online notary with https://www.dvcclosings.com/ is actually what has held ours up for a couple extra weeks compared to previous contracts. Last I heard, our sellers should be signing today and hopefully we'll close tomorrow.
Did https://www.dvcclosings.com/ contact you at all prior to ROFR? I made my down payment over a week ago with them, and other than the one automated email confirmation, I have heard absolutely nothing. I read they are very busy, but I am surprised by the lack of communication (from both the selling agency as well as this title agency) as it greatly differs from my recent first DVC resale experience with https://www.dvcstore.com/ and https://www.masontitle.com/. Both of those companies have been very responsive.

Last edited:
The day we signed our purchase agreement, I was sent info from them on how the process will look as well as info on how to send my down payment.

I didn't hear from them again until the day after we passed ROFR. The day after that we received our closing docs to sign (4/24.) And then I asked about when our closing would be and was told that our seller's had an online notary appointment scheduled for today (5/8.) In the past, we waited to send our remaining funds after the seller signed. But this time we just did it a few days early (5/6) to hopefully get closing to happen ASAP.

The day we signed our purchase agreement, I was sent info from them on how the process will look as well as info on how to send my down payment.

I didn't hear from them again until the day after we passed ROFR. The day after that we received our closing docs to sign (4/24.) And then I asked about when our closing would be and was told that our seller's had an online notary appointment scheduled for today (5/8.) In the past, we waited to send our remaining funds after the seller signed. But this time we just did it a few days early (5/6) to hopefully get closing to happen ASAP.
Thank you!

snowy82---$128-$7214-50-SSR-Jun-0/23, 19/24, 50/25- sent 5/5

Every time I *think* we're done with points........we get the damn itch. This time, just grabbing some SAP so we can add in DisneyRun races. My husband and sister just did their first race in April and loved it so much that we're looking at more trips!! when will the addonitis end?!?!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter