ROFR Thread April to June 2024 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

I think this goes over a lot of people's heads, even folks who like the Contemporary/BLT. But part of what makes that resort special is the sense of place. It feels like classic Disney. No, there isn't a strong immersive theme of a far away place. But it's like the Disneyland Hotel at Disneyland, full of history... it was on all the promotional videos from 1971, it's got the mural by Mary Blair... it's a unique place in a classic WDW kind of way. And I just love looking at MK on one side, the iconic CR building on the other (especially when lit up at night), and in between: the monorail going by and the Seven Seas Lagoon with its ferries, making the place feel really alive.

But not everyone is a big Disney history nerd so what's lovely about DVC is that there are options for everyone.

Oh yes I should have said that, definitely not trying to hate on it, every resort appeals to people for different reasons! I genuinely was wondering if I was missing something, or if I should just accept that it's not for us. I keep saying I should use some SAP points there for 1 night to try it out, but i haven't been able to convince myself to do it yet.
So, Contemporary / BLT is absolutely NOT my cup of tea. Give me Wilderness Lodge / log cabins / AKV / VGC because wilderness is where it’s at for me. I don’t like the contemporary style and BLT just doesn’t feel Disney to me, iconic as it is.

But that Theme Park view room? Hands down, one of our favorite experiences ever. Being able to watch the fireworks from our room, looking down at Cinderella’s Castle, with the music playing from the TV, and no crowds to deal with… priceless.

Do I care for the room or the decor? Not really. As I said, not my cup of tea (even if I can acknowledge it’s nice). BUT… the view. Waking up to look down at the castle. Going to bed looking at the castle. That is something really sweet.

We have now three times done a 1-night stay at BLT just to have that fireworks view at the end of our trips, when we’re too tired to want to deal with crowds or standing on pavement, but want that one last night of magic.

So, Contemporary / BLT is absolutely NOT my cup of tea. Give me Wilderness Lodge / log cabins / AKV / VGC because wilderness is where it’s at for me. I don’t like the contemporary style and BLT just doesn’t feel Disney to me, iconic as it is.

But that Theme Park view room? Hands down, one of our favorite experiences ever. Being able to watch the fireworks from our room, looking down at Cinderella’s Castle, with the music playing from the TV, and no crowds to deal with… priceless.

Do I care for the room or the decor? Not really. As I said, not my cup of tea (even if I can acknowledge it’s nice). BUT… the view. Waking up to look down at the castle. Going to bed looking at the castle. That is something really sweet.

We have now three times done a 1-night stay at BLT just to have that fireworks view at the end of our trips, when we’re too tired to want to deal with crowds or standing on pavement, but want that one last night of magic.
I love the idea of ending the trip with a theme park view, but I also find it hard to not end a trip closing down Epcot.
Maybe second to last night could be fireworks at BLT & very last is Epcot depending on EEH. ;)

We’re going opposite. EPCOT when we start and have lots of stamina, finish with a higher end room and more relaxation.
Oh no, i spent half my trip at Epcot, i just meant the final thing i want to do on any trip is Epcot, like dessert. ;)

Sat - 1/2 AK
Sun - Full Day AK
Mon - 1/2 AK, 1/2 Epcot
Tues - Full Day Epcot
Wed - 1/2 DHS, 1/2 MK
Thurs - 1/2 MK
Fri - 1/4 DHS, 1/4 Epcot, 1/4 MK
Sat - 1/4 DHS, 1/2 Epcot, 1/4 MK
Sun - 1/4 MK
Mon - 1/4 AK, 1/2 Epcot

Any other times was resorts, & transportation

Last edited:
Did dvdsearch stopped getting updates

Www.dvcsearch.com
Noticed the same thing! I actually did a post about it in miscellaneous inquiring but didn’t hear any other info. I’m not sure if it’s a glitch or a permanent end to the service (and also recognize it’s something the person does for free which is lovely).

meggmurray---$105-$5048-40-AKV-Mar-0/23, 40/24, 40/25- sent 5/6

meggmurray---$96-$10164-100-AKV-Mar-0/23, 0/24, 92/25- sent 5/6

First time buyer with 2 active contracts! Both in ROFR at the exact same time. Two different listing agencies, same title company. Very excited!

meggmurray---$105-$5048-40-AKV-Mar-0/23, 40/24, 40/25- sent 5/6

meggmurray---$96-$10164-100-AKV-Mar-0/23, 0/24, 92/25- sent 5/6

First time buyer with 2 active contracts! Both in ROFR at the exact same time. Two different listing agencies, same title company. Very excited!
I have yet to buy two contracts in the same UY 🙈 but hoping someone more knowledgeable can advise you about making sure you end up with one membership for both of these contracts if you are buying them around the same time. Hopefully having the same title agent will help sort it out!

I have yet to buy two contracts in the same UY 🙈 but hoping someone more knowledgeable can advise you about making sure you end up with one membership for both of these contracts if you are buying them around the same time. Hopefully having the same title agent will help sort it out!
Just make sure the full names of the owners are excatly the same. If someone already has a contract then they can send the title agent a copy of the current deed to make sure it matches up correctly.

Working with the same title agent is a great best practice as well.

Just make sure the full names of the owners are excatly the same. If someone already has a contract then they can send the title agent a copy of the current deed to make sure it matches up correctly.

Working with the same title agent is a great best practice as well.
Yes, I’m hoping it works as planned. 🤞I made sure the title agent knew what was going on and he said they’d make sure to link them after the first gets through ROFR and I get the membership number. It was absolutely not intentional to have 2 contracts pending at the same time but the deal was there and I couldn’t pass it up! We were going to “dip our toes in” with the small 40 point contract… but then the 100 point contract with the same use year came up and I couldn’t resist. I would have kicked myself to miss out and pay more later!

Yes, I’m hoping it works as planned. 🤞I made sure the title agent knew what was going on and he said they’d make sure to link them after the first gets through ROFR and I get the membership number. It was absolutely not intentional to have 2 contracts pending at the same time but the deal was there and I couldn’t pass it up! We were going to “dip our toes in” with the small 40 point contract… but then the 100 point contract with the same use year came up and I couldn’t resist. I would have kicked myself to miss out and pay more later!

Once you know that the first contract has closed, I would email MA and let them know of the situation as well. Once you get the first membership number, email them that too.

I do this all the time and don't just rely on the title company/broker to do it for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter