ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use the Disney CC to get 0% interest for 6-months and the reward points to pay dues. Given that money market are north of 4%, that’s like 2% cash back + the points!
I agree, and have done that again this year - even with the falling resale prices. I needed just a few more AKLL points, and didn't want to spend days/weeks looking for that small a contract on resale with my use year - - - I've actually had an eye out for that perfect AKL contract for about 18 months. So, I added the minimum DIRECT at full price, but got all of 2022 points banked, points were in my account next day, and I booked my 2024 dates with them already.
PLUS - 6-Months Free Financing & the Points on my Disney Visa.
When I add them in with all my other points, I do an "Average Cost Per Point" across all contracts, and I'm still hovering around $107/PP (Resorts include AKL/BCV/BWV/SSR)
Hey - would be fun just to put a "Closing Time" thread post showing total elapsed time of 1-Day! :earboy2:
Oh - if anyone else has added on DIRECT recently; do you still get a DVC back-pack??
Should I expect a FedEx package soon ??? 🤞

You can use the Disney CC to get 0% interest for 6-months and the reward points to pay dues. Given that money market are north of 4%, that’s like 2% cash back + the points!
SMH that's what I thought was the case but the guide who worked at Disney kept telling me it didn't apply to this since it was a timeshare and not actual travel. I'm pretty sure you're right and my prior guide was misinformed 😡

SMH that's what I thought was the case but the guide who worked at Disney kept telling me it didn't apply to this since it was a timeshare and not actual travel. I'm pretty sure you're right and my prior guide was misinformed 😡
It’s 2% back on Disney purchase. I’ve done it twice so I can confirm.

You should always keep the deposit to the lowest possible. After you pass ROFR then you can make an additional cc payment up to the title company’s maximum as per their policy.

For example when using Mason I place a $1000 deposit (sometimes only $500 with one broker) and then will make a cc payment of $4000 with Mason after passing ROFR. The remaining is sent via wire.
I just ran into an issue with this. Cammy let me know that as of 1/1/23 they are only taking wire for closing (not CC + wire). She made a 1 time exception for me since I had done this multiple times in the past and didn’t know their policy had changed but it sounds like the days of min deposit and CC after are over.

So here's a question for the more experienced:

Made an offer last week on a contract through Fidelity, and was responded to by the listing agent. The next day a different agent responded as the first agent was 'out of the office.' Came to an agreement with the owners on an offer and received contracts, etc in less than an hour. Then we needed them to be adjusted for us to put a larger amount on our card for the deposit (gotta earn those points!) so we received new contracts and a NEW authorization form for the deposit. That took another day. At this point everyone (buyers and sellers) has signed the contract.
But.
The language on the deposit authorization form contradicts itself "charge my credit card or bank account indicated below for $5,000.00 (NOT TO EXCEED $2,500.00 USD)" which is a leftover amount from the first form where the deposit was $1000. So we emailed the agent we had been dealing with back about this Friday morning. Does this need addressed/changed before we complete this form? And this morning I also emailed the contracts/forms person. And I still haven't gotten a response.

Do I email again? Do I call tomorrow? Which agent do I use...the original listing agent or the 2nd one that has done all of the work at this point? The forms/contract person? The title company? I'm kind of annoyed at this point. I'd like to get this to ROFR, and was hoping that would happen today.
I had the same wording and they took the $5k that I asked them to so I could max out the CC rewards :)

I agree, and have done that again this year - even with the falling resale prices. I needed just a few more AKLL points, and didn't want to spend days/weeks looking for that small a contract on resale with my use year - - - I've actually had an eye out for that perfect AKL contract for about 18 months. So, I added the minimum DIRECT at full price, but got all of 2022 points banked, points were in my account next day, and I booked my 2024 dates with them already.
PLUS - 6-Months Free Financing & the Points on my Disney Visa.
When I add them in with all my other points, I do an "Average Cost Per Point" across all contracts, and I'm still hovering around $107/PP (Resorts include AKL/BCV/BWV/SSR)
Hey - would be fun just to put a "Closing Time" thread post showing total elapsed time of 1-Day! :earboy2:
Oh - if anyone else has added on DIRECT recently; do you still get a DVC back-pack??
Should I expect a FedEx package soon ??? 🤞

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/own...s-new-member-gift-with-direct-points-purchase

I had all resale but added direct after a resale contract fell through at closing. I got a nice welcome package 5 weeks later.

“DVC has decided to change things up om 2022 with a new gift pack which includes a resuable metal water bottle, cooling towel and a pair of refrigerator magnets.

The bottle is gold with silhouettes of Disney characters and DVC resorts, emblazoned with the words "Disney Vacation Club Member." The cooling towel is white with gold lettering which reads "Stay cool year after year." The refrigerator magnets feature the same Mickey Mouse design as a recent member giveaway.

The items are packaged in an attractive box (below) labeled "Let the magic begin", which also contains a personalized "Welcome Home" certificate addressed to the family. “

Title company always takes the deposit and subsequent payments. However the broker can collect payment details and pass it on to title company. Especially the deposit.

Alot of people don’t know title companies will collect second payments via credit card (up to their max) after passing ROFR.

Edit: PP increased deposit to $5k but will now lose that entire $5k if they default. Whereas keeping the deposit at $1000 avoids this while also still getting points on cc.

Not saying anyone would default but you never know what could happen. I could get cold feet? Lose my job? I always want to minimize my risk where I can.
Thanks! This is helpful. I was a bit anxious about putting too much up front for earnest for the very fact that something could happen and I have to back up. Luckily miss ROFR lady has been on fire and making decisions in about 10 days or so. I guess I’ll reach out to Cammy to ask to pay the remaining max balance on cc once I pass (fingers crossed).

Mason is $5000

First Am is $2500

I haven’t used any others so can’t confirm Magic Title’s limit.
Just a heads up. I am going with Mason and they are asking $35 more than First Am to close. So if you are earning anything less than 1.5% percent back on your CC, it won't matter which title company you go with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter