ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a contract in ROFR day 28, and another on day 5. At this point I'm thinking the second contract will pass before the first.

I’m around 44 days. I could have bought and passed 10 more contracts before this one passes 😡
GUH. Any idea what the hold up is on yours? Mine is being sold by a "representative of the estate of" so I'm assuming they have some extra hoops to jump through?

GUH. Any idea what the hold up is on yours? Mine is being sold by a "representative of the estate of" so I'm assuming they have some extra hoops to jump through?
Not sure. Every week I inquire and keep getting told “should be just a couple more days.” That was over 3 weeks ago. The broker has stopped responding to me. Seller is a surviving spouse so maybe an estate is involved 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not sure. Every week I inquire and keep getting told “should be just a couple more days.” That was over 3 weeks ago. The broker has stopped responding to me. Seller is a surviving spouse so maybe an estate is involved 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yeah, my seller is surviving son. Seems to be the common denominator here.

eMoneyBug---$119-$6905-50-AKV-Oct-50/22, 100/23, 50/24-seller pays MF '22- sent 2/6, passed 2/21
eMoneyBug---$119-$6905-50-AKV-Oct-50/22, 100/23, 50/24-seller pays MF '22- sent 2/6, passed 2/21

International Seller was selling 2 twin max loaded small point contracts so we bought them both.
$119 per point
$440.50 reimb for 2023 Maint Fee
$515 buyer paid closing

We do not own AKL, so excited to join the animal owners, plan on keeping this 10+ years and than we'll see.

Although if you use Mason for closing, then you will probably receive closing documents from Mason before hearing from Fidelity. That's been my experience.
My fidelity agent haven’t replied after the deal was made and signed.

So here's a question for the more experienced:

Made an offer last week on a contract through Fidelity, and was responded to by the listing agent. The next day a different agent responded as the first agent was 'out of the office.' Came to an agreement with the owners on an offer and received contracts, etc in less than an hour. Then we needed them to be adjusted for us to put a larger amount on our card for the deposit (gotta earn those points!) so we received new contracts and a NEW authorization form for the deposit. That took another day. At this point everyone (buyers and sellers) has signed the contract.
But.
The language on the deposit authorization form contradicts itself "charge my credit card or bank account indicated below for $5,000.00 (NOT TO EXCEED $2,500.00 USD)" which is a leftover amount from the first form where the deposit was $1000. So we emailed the agent we had been dealing with back about this Friday morning. Does this need addressed/changed before we complete this form? And this morning I also emailed the contracts/forms person. And I still haven't gotten a response.

Do I email again? Do I call tomorrow? Which agent do I use...the original listing agent or the 2nd one that has done all of the work at this point? The forms/contract person? The title company? I'm kind of annoyed at this point. I'd like to get this to ROFR, and was hoping that would happen today.

Although if you use Mason for closing, then you will probably receive closing documents from Mason before hearing from Fidelity. That's been my experience.
I am also using Mason so we will see who tells me first... well if it passes.

Made an offer last week on a contract through Fidelity, and was responded to by the listing agent. The next day a different agent responded as the first agent was 'out of the office.' Came to an agreement with the owners on an offer and received contracts, etc in less than an hour. Then we needed them to be adjusted for us to put a larger amount on our card for the deposit (gotta earn those points!) so we received new contracts and a NEW authorization form for the deposit. That took another day. At this point everyone (buyers and sellers) has signed the contract.
But.
The language on the deposit authorization form contradicts itself "charge my credit card or bank account indicated below for $5,000.00 (NOT TO EXCEED $2,500.00 USD)" which is a leftover amount from the first form where the deposit was $1000. So we emailed the agent we had been dealing with back about this Friday morning. Does this need addressed/changed before we complete this form? And this morning I also emailed the contracts/forms person. And I still haven't gotten a response.

Do I email again? Do I call tomorrow? Which agent do I use...the original listing agent or the 2nd one that has done all of the work at this point? The forms/contract person? The title company? I'm kind of annoyed at this point. I'd like to get this to ROFR, and was hoping that would happen today.
I would just go ahead and pay. I think you will be fine and if not will get your deposit back.

But.

My form said the same and I was always making the 5000 deposit. The payment went through with no problem and I got an email receipt from the title company.

But.

I’d ask the agent who is working on the contract. I just had to do that last week. I only wanted to pay minimum deposit, not $2500. Evy is the person who actually handles the contract.

But.

Deposit funds "should" go to Escrow/Title - who is handling that for you? Some, like Mason, have a credit card link for deposits so you can do it online instead of sending someone a credit card authorization form (get it from them, obviously, not someone overseas lol).

My form said the same and I was always making the 5000 deposit. The payment went through with no problem and I got an email receipt from the title company.
Daaaaang i didn't even think about doing this...i ended up just putting the min deposit ($1500) on a CC but wish i knew i could do more. I'm in the process of getting another resale and just sent a note that i'd like to pay the max deposit with a CC lol. Thanks for the tip!

Daaaaang i didn't even think about doing this...i ended up just putting the min deposit ($1500) on a CC but wish i knew i could do more. I'm in the process of getting another resale and just sent a note that i'd like to pay the max deposit with a CC lol. Thanks for the tip!
I'm all about the points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter