ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've bought our first two DVC contracts in the last month and I feel like we're getting spoiled at how fast ROFR is coming through (this last one was in six days). It's crazyiness considering what everyone has said before. I can also tell Mason must be swamped with work because we heard back from Fidelity before them. Our first contract we had our closing documents from Mason before hearing from the agency. Either way - WE CAN'T WAIT to schedule our first DVC trip!! Hoping the FOMO feeling stops - but I'm worried we just might buy a third for good measure. I keep trying to tell myself to wait till PV tower opens in 2024 and buy a few direct points then.

Last edited:
My experience with fidelity is that they will get back to you quickly if the contract has not been sold.

If it has been sold, it either took longer for them to respond or I found out by calling them myself.

Of course, everyone's experience is different, but that has been mine.
Looking for the listing that I made an offer on and it is indeed no longer available. That explains why I didn't hear from anyone but would be nice to know what it wound up selling for.. hopefully the info for it will wind up on here 🤞

I am basing everything on reserving a 1 bedroom.

If I add enough points, we might go to 2 bedrooms in the future
This may have been pointed out to you earlier in your DVC journey, but BLT and AKV-Kidani 1BR have a second full bath off the living room. The other resorts you’re considering don’t. That in itself might help you postpone needing 2BR points as your DGD gets older. Having only 1 bathroom in a 1BR is definitely a consideration when we’re booking a trip for more than the two of us.

Good grief the waiting is hard! And I'm a control freak, so having the timeline of this process out of my hands is even worse 😅 I keep telling myself "Today, today I'll be notified our contract has been sent to ROFR and I'll finally be able to add my info to this thread!" But nope. Our offer was accepted 8 days ago and we were notified on the 14th that our deposit had been collected. We haven't even received a signed copy of the purchase agreement yet :-( I didn't realize I should have taken screen shots. I'm trying to reassure myself that https://www.fidelityrealestate.com/ is just slammed with resales to process right now, but it's hard watching other people have a faster experience.
We're in this together.... We're on the same timeline with the same company.
Everyone has signed on both sides, twice for that matter o_O, with no communication since.
We did purchase an Aulani contract so I expected things to be a little backstopped.

I highly dislike when things are beyond my control with no communication from the other party. ---Let's have a cocktail when its done!!

We're in this together.... We're on the same timeline with the same company.
Everyone has signed on both sides, twice for that matter o_O, with no communication since.
We did purchase an Aulani contract so I expected things to be a little backstopped.

I highly dislike when things are beyond my control with no communication from the other party. ---Let's have a cocktail when its done!!
Just figured out part of the problem - I made the incorrect assumption (never assume!!) that because our deposit was collected, that meant the sellers had signed the contract. NOPE. We're on day 8 and my husband is pretty sure the contract language stated the sale is cancelled if both parties do not sign within 10 days. Now, is that 10 calendar days or 10 business days? I don't know. Maybe I'll just check and see what other BCV contracts are still available...

Just figured out part of the problem - I made the incorrect assumption (never assume!!) that because our deposit was collected, that meant the sellers had signed the contract. NOPE. We're on day 8 and my husband is pretty sure the contract language stated the sale is cancelled if both parties do not sign within 10 days. Now, is that 10 calendar days or 10 business days? I don't know. Maybe I'll just check and see what other BCV contracts are still available...
Wait.... the seller's still haven't signed????
Unfortunately I'd be on the phone with the broker and start looking for another contract.

Ours is an office processing problem. We had to change title companies. They autopopulated our address, which was incorrect. We had to re-sign the title page...

So we closed on our second Poly contract today and it has 100 point from 2022 (Aug use year, same as our first contract) that need to be banked by the end of this month. Since we’re already owners and we don’t need to go through the whole process of creating a new ID, what are the chances that our points will be loaded by the end of this month so we can bank them? Has anyone encountered this?

Wait.... the seller's still haven't signed????
Unfortunately I'd be on the phone with the broker and start looking for another contract.

Ours is an office processing problem. We had to change title companies. They autopopulated our address, which was incorrect. We had to re-sign the title page...
Right? This seems odd. Who needs 8 days just to sign the contract that gets the ball rolling? Don't they want their money?

I'm sorry you've had an administrative kerfuffle slow down your process. Fingers crossed it moves along quicker for you soon - I know we're all praying the ROFR monster stays asleep!

So we closed on our second Poly contract today and it has 100 point from 2022 (Aug use year, same as our first contract) that need to be banked by the end of this month. Since we’re already owners and we don’t need to go through the whole process of creating a new ID, what are the chances that our points will be loaded by the end of this month so we can bank them? Has anyone encountered this?
Our second contract showed up in our account in less than a week. Fingers crossed for you!

In the future, just have the seller bank the points for you before you go to ROFR.

Right? This seems odd. Who needs 8 days just to sign the contract that gets the ball rolling? Don't they want their money?

I'm sorry you've had an administrative kerfuffle slow down your process. Fingers crossed it moves along quicker for you soon - I know we're all praying the ROFR monster stays asleep!
I think it will!

It's interesting that when Chapek initially took over from Iger, it was at a time the ROFR monster was asleep. As soon as Chapek took over, the monster woke up.

When Iger took over again I wondered whether ROFR would halt again, and it did. I wonder whether that was a coincidence?

Until the sellers sign, your 10 days should not start because FL timeshare allows one to back out with the in 10 days of contract. You can do that with direct.

Yeah, didn't even think about it at the time. We definitely will be doing that in the future.
I have seen on here where some have recommended calling MS even if they don't make it to your acct by the deadline. Sometimes they will make a one-time exception... no guarantees, obviously.

Until the sellers sign, your 10 days should not start because FL timeshare allows one to back out with the in 10 days of contract. You can do that with direct.
So even though our deposit has been collected, we can back out without penalty? We would get our deposit back?

Sorry I'm new to this and didn't realize until today that our sellers still have not signed and now I feel very concerned.

So even though our deposit has been collected, we can back out without penalty? We would get our deposit back?

Sorry I'm new to this and didn't realize until today that our sellers still have not signed and now I feel very concerned.

Based on my understanding yes, and if you want, email them and tell them that if it’s not done by whatever date you request, you are done.

Is it International? The one international contract that we bought took a long time as the contract required a notary.

How do you know when the sellers sign the initial paperwork? Do you get an automated message that all parties have signed? The contract is with fidelity if that matters.

Well……we made it to the finish line with contract 3 of 3. Closing docs and funds were sent 12 days ago. Emailed closing agent asking about timeline…..crickets. Happened to check Orange County website, it was recorded 2 hours ago. WHEW!

Thank you so much to everyone here for all the information shared. We love the lineup we ended up with! Taking our first trip on points next month. I think we’re done buying for awhile. 🤪

Who was your agent? We are waiting on our closing and are on a tight timeline to utilize the expiring points banked from 21 into 22. We are going in May and wanted to add a night or two at SSR.

I received confirmation that the sellers documents were there Monday and wired money the same day so hopefully we officially close this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter