ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually just received an update from our concierge agent that Disney is still reviewing our contract for ROFR but “all is well”.

Hopefully we get an answer soon. It does seem like PVB contracts might be taking a little longer.
I just had 4 PVB contracts go through recently. The first took 23 days (passed 2/9), the second 30 (2/28), the third 14 (3/3), the fourth 6 (3/13).

Just an offer via their website and received the standard 'we received your offer' autoreply email. I'm more just curious than looking to push anything. Our mindset is if it happens, it happens 😄
Same happened to me. No response.

If I back out of a contract what do I owe? Do I just lose my deposit or are there additional fees? Seeing the collapse in prices, I’m not sure an earlier contract of mine makes sense anymore…
READ the contract carefully, different Brokers have different terms. I know the last www.fidelityrealestate.com contract I saw said if Buyer Cancelled they owed the Deposit *PLUS* the full Commission (which did not even state what that was). Not sure it would be worth the effort to collect more than the Deposit if you're out of state - but once all your money is in Escrow they might have more leverage. Most Contracts I saw seem to say forfeit the Deposit. But I'd read every paragraph to be sure of your dates and liabilities.

Even IF only your deposit is at risk, do the math - if you are losing a $1,000 deposit and go to buy a different 100 point contract - that is the equivalent of paying $10 more per point on the "replacement" contract. And add in - if you will pass an 11 or 7 month priority window you want by delaying.

Not trying to talk you into staying in an iffy deal - just saying, be sure you know the downside/upside.

Last edited:
I have 180 at SSR and am looking for a second contract.

Considering AKV, BLT, CCV or Boulder Ridge or Boardwalk

We have a trip in August so we will visit these and see if one really jumps out to my wife and daughter
You might also be able to narrow down a bit if you think a 4 person studio, or a 5 person studio (or x number of beds) is more important to you.

You might also be able to narrow down a bit if you think a 4 person studio, or a 5 person studio (or x number of beds) is more important to you.
I am basing everything on reserving a 1 bedroom.

If I add enough points, we might go to 2 bedrooms in the future

I am basing everything on reserving a 1 bedroom.

If I add enough points, we might go to 2 bedrooms in the future
That’s our plan… start with 2 weeks of 1 bedrooms, then build out to 2 weeks of 2 bedrooms… sadly 2 weeks of the grand villas are not in the cards.

Is $90/pt for 200-300 point SSR contracts with no banked points (but full points for current UY) and seller pays closing costs a realistic offer? I've put a few out there, but have gotten either no response, or a firm "no" with not even a counter. We're not desperate to buy more points and are willing to look for a good deal. Just wonder if I'm starting too low?

Is $90/pt for 200-300 point SSR contracts with no banked points (but full points for current UY) and seller pays closing costs a realistic offer? I've put a few out there, but have gotten either no response, or a firm "no" with not even a counter. We're not desperate to buy more points and are willing to look for a good deal. Just wonder if I'm starting too low?

This is how I would value it…

Seller paying closing costs = $4pp bringing your purchase price to $86.

Not having 2022 points is valued at $14pp (current rental rates) bringing your price to $100 per point.

If it were me, given you are not “desperate” to buy and with it being a larger contract (200+ point) I would pass at $90pp.

SSR is one of the hardest contracts to sell. Lots of inventory and there really is no reason you have to own there to get 11 month priority.

I made that offer on 3 SSR contracts.

I ended up with three numbers after negotiating. $95 (small amount of banked points) and two that settled at $100 with banked points. No sellers were willing to pay closing. I settled on one of the $100 ones.

The issue with that offer is it is less than the guarantee from DVC resale so no seller will accept it at least that is with that broker.

I submit low offers fairly regularly (I'm ambivalent about buying but prices are getting closer to my range). In my experience, Fidelity responds pretty quickly and matter-of-factly. Sometimes, brokers provide information that is useful for me. As in: this contract received an offer just below the asking price today, or: this seller is not in a hurry to sell and is seeking the full asking price. Same with the board sponsor.

I've had some annoyed responses from other companies (as in: please keep in mind you too, may need to sell one day, or: a "reasonable" offer is much more likely to be entertained than seeking "desperate"), but I assume that is because my offer is a waste of their time for a particular seller. I understand this reaction and don't take it personally.

If your offer is of interest to the seller, they will get in touch with you.
sounds like you got the same auto-scold email I did LOL - pretty sure that is automated

Effectively on the contract I went with on SSR I already rented the banked points to a friend and effectively paid $92 pp. Which is think is a good going rate for SSR compared to just 6 months ago at $120+

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter