ROFR Thread Jan to March 2023 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the buyer I had to get it notarized as well. We received the closing docs on a Thursday and the package was put in FedEx by Saturday.
Do all buyer’s have to get their documents notarised? We’re in the UK and I’ve been told by the agent that we will need to, but other DVC owners have said I don’t. :confused:

The broker let me know that the seller is "working on their documents", that it is a "small but tedious deal" and to "take a deep breath" after notifying them that there are other contracts I would be happy to put an offer in on if this one is not going to go through.

Not sure how I feel about that response, but probably the last contract I will be buying from this broker. (broker not related to this board)

I feel as though four weeks to return the closing package is a little ridiculous. Things happen, but to have complete silence for this long, then get snarky when asking for an update is unacceptable IMO.

Oof. Telling you to "take a deep breath" seems really condescending to me. I hope things work out for you...and soon!

The broker let me know that the seller is "working on their documents", that it is a "small but tedious deal" and to "take a deep breath" after notifying them that there are other contracts I would be happy to put an offer in on if this one is not going to go through.

Not sure how I feel about that response, but probably the last contract I will be buying from this broker. (broker not related to this board)

I feel as though four weeks to return the closing package is a little ridiculous. Things happen, but to have complete silence for this long, then get snarky when asking for an update is unacceptable IMO.

I do think the broker's response is a bit obnoxious. But there are reasons for delays signing the closing papers. If the seller has to bring money to the table (outstanding loan and the sale will not cover the amount of the loan, the seller has to come up with that money), they may want to hold onto their cash as long as they can if times are tight. Or maybe a contentious divorce where one does not want to sell or they do not want to see each other. Or maybe a very ill family member and the seller's attention is focused there.The seller has until the closing date to sign the papers.

I do think the broker's response is a bit obnoxious. But there are reasons for delays signing the closing papers. If the seller has to bring money to the table (outstanding loan and the sale will not cover the amount of the loan, the seller has to come up with that money), they may want to hold onto their cash as long as they can if times are tight. Or maybe a contentious divorce where one does not want to sell or they do not want to see each other. Or maybe a very ill family member and the seller's attention is focused there.The seller has until the closing date to sign the papers.
yes, 100% agree with all of that. All I asked for was a little communication! It has been radio silent from the sellers since the closing papers were sent (4 weeks ago). If my first reach out (after two weeks of silence) amounted to them saying "sorry, but we cannot get this done before March 20th because of X, Y, and Z", I would have been completely fine and not nagged or asked for follow up once.

Do all buyer’s have to get their documents notarised? We’re in the UK and I’ve been told by the agent that we will need to, but other DVC owners have said I don’t. :confused:
As a US buyer, the only documents I've had to get notarized were Hawaii deeds for Aulani contracts. Nothing for the FL resorts. Mine were all cash, so I'm not sure if financing makes a difference like someone else mentioned. I think with financing, some companies file a mortgage deed or something similar (I've seen some while checking out my sellers on the comptroller's site to see if they own/might be selling anything else), so a buyer may have to do that as well if financing is my best guess.

Well……we made it to the finish line with contract 3 of 3. Closing docs and funds were sent 12 days ago. Emailed closing agent asking about timeline…..crickets. Happened to check Orange County website, it was recorded 2 hours ago. WHEW!

Thank you so much to everyone here for all the information shared. We love the lineup we ended up with! Taking our first trip on points next month. I think we’re done buying for awhile. 🤪

Well……we made it to the finish line with contract 3 of 3. Closing docs and funds were sent 12 days ago. Emailed closing agent asking about timeline…..crickets. Happened to check Orange County website, it was recorded 2 hours ago. WHEW!

Thank you so much to everyone here for all the information shared. We love the lineup we ended up with! Taking our first trip on points next month. I think we’re done buying for awhile. 🤪
I like those 3 resorts you have. How many total points do you have.

I am looking for a contract at AKV or BLT. I really like Boulder Ridge if I can get past the 2042 issue.

I have 180 at SSR and am looking for a second contract.

Considering AKV, BLT, CCV or Boulder Ridge or Boardwalk

We have a trip in August so we will visit these and see if one really jumps out to my wife and daughter

I have 180 at SSR and am looking for a second contract.

Considering AKV, BLT, CCV or Boulder Ridge or Boardwalk

We have a trip in August so we will visit these and see if one really jumps out to my wife and daughter
I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those. I’d be lying if I said I haven’t looked at a BWV contract. Hopefully there will be a stand out on your August trip!

Tkelen---$155-$24139-150-VGF-Mar-150/22, 0/23, 150/24, 150/25-seller pays MF '23- sent 2/10, passed 3/1

I was told "Disney incredibly waived over 500+ contracts all within a short period of time and it has created a bit of a backlog." For those waiting for closings, and for Disney...

Is that to ensure that you are of sound mind?
Probably to prove you are who you say you are. You have to show ID to a notary. Same reason a seller has to have a notary. There's a fraud subset in real estate where people sell property they don't actually own.

I think buyer is only notarized if there is financing involved. I have bought 4 resale contracts with cash and never needed any of them notarized.

This is not correct. You have to notarize every Aulani contract, as an example. Other states and countries can have their own laws that govern timeshares.

Follow the instructions your broker or title agent give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter