ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could very well be, and I certainly apologize if my comments offended. It was not my intent to lay blame, and I should acknowledge here that you are correct, there may be a myriad of reasons for an extended transaction time, and those may be completely outside a participant's control.
My main reason for posting was ultimately the FIRPTA concern, and because I was surprised as a Buyer by exactly what it entailed when signing the closing paperwork, I thought it might be helpful to other buyers to understand the process.
To be fair, I should have also considered my international seller's perspective as well, as these boards are for all Disney lovers, both domestic and international, both Buyers and Sellers. I will make sure to do that in the future before posting. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, and congratulations on your new purchase! I hope everything goes fabulous for you! XO
No offense taken at all. I definitely wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to deal with extra paper work or tax concerns, even more so after a negative experience. I wouldn't want to either. Sorry if it came across that way, I'm often not great at putting my thoughts into words :) That shouldn't have happened to you and I think the responsibility there definitely would land somewhere with the title company/broker/seller but shouldn't have been an issue for you to deal with.

It just made me consider what my seller is currently going through. I hope it isn't a bad experience for them. I waited 3 weeks for closing docs but I think on the next one I would call earlier than I did, regardless of when I wanted the points, just to keep the ball rolling.

I did the exact same thing but I didn’t even ask to negotiate. I have been waiting for a small BCV contract with my use year and passed one up a few weeks back.But I feel like I am finally okay with my 3 home resorts hahaha
Maybe I scooped up the one you passed up ?? :goodvibes

Hi- our contract passed, but I may not have properly formatted it before- here is the updated string using the formatting tool:

HappyThoughtsTees---$202-$34320-160-VGC-Jun-102/19, 160/20, 160/21, 160/22-seller pays '19 MFs- sent 8/11, passed 9/14

Thank you so much!!
I got you now...thank you very much for formatting it “as requested” and congratulations!!!

I AM SO EXCITED I'M BOUNCING OFF THE WALLS!!!

Lorana---$195-$5812-27-VGC-Oct-0/19, 13/20, 27/21, 27/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25*
Lorana---$195-$7,373-35-VGC-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 35/21, 35/22-seller pays MF '20- sent 9/25*
*expecting this to be sent tomorrow

I cannot believe I managed to snag two small Grand Californian contracts at $195/point!!! And the seller paying 2020 MFs!

Yes, it is fairly stripped till 2021, and it's an Oct UY (all my other contracts are Sep UY), but it's the PERFECT amount of points for me, giving me 3 nights Studio in the fall every year, 3 nights 1BR every other year, or 3 nights 2BR every 3rd year. As much as I'd prefer Sep UY, I don't intend to use it for anything other than VGC, so this is fine. And honestly once we are empty-nesters, if we rent one year (I figure I'll never have a problem renting VGC) and go the following, it'll pay for dues both years and half of our passes, so it's also perfect. I had been resigned that I either wouldn't own at VGC because I'd just never be willing to pay where prices are going (and by the time they fell, we wouldn't be looking to do DL so often), or that I'd pay far too much for it or end up with more points than we realistically need.

Aaaaand, now we can get our few nights a year at VGC *and* I complete my Peter Dominick trifecta of WL, AKL, and GC!!

EEEEEEE!!! Please let this pass!!!
I know I’m late to the game here, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🍾🥂

I know how badly you wanted to own at VGC & complete your DVC trifecta! I’m so happy for you!!! 🤩😁 I hope you fly through ROFR & closing!! 🎇

I know I’m late to the game here, but I wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!!! 🍾🥂

I know how badly you wanted to own at VGC & complete your DVC trifecta! I’m so happy for you!!! 🤩😁 I hope you fly through ROFR & closing!! 🎇
Thank you!!! I'm so happy and excited too! I'm still pinching myself daily, lol, because I can't believe I got small VGC contracts for $195/point.

I really wish it was SEP UY, especially as we are likely to travel in Sep from time to time, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's probably a good thing to keep it separate, as I won't be tempted to use VGC points for anything else! ;-)

Thank you!!! I'm so happy and excited too! I'm still pinching myself daily, lol, because I can't believe I got small VGC contracts for $195/point.

I really wish it was SEP UY, especially as we are likely to travel in Sep from time to time, but the more I think about it, the more I realize it's probably a good thing to keep it separate, as I won't be tempted to use VGC points for anything else! ;-)
Yeah, I imaigne you definetly want to use VGC points exclusively at VGC, lol.

JavaDuck---$199-$40520-200-VGC-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 200/22-seller pays MF20&21- sent 9/30

Edit Note- Updated the sent date from 9/28 to 9/30. Our resale agent said it would go on the 28th but it got held up 2 days.

We (me + @UrsulaWantsYourSoul )ended up putting an offer in on our first resale sooner than expected, but when this contract came available that matches the use year of our direct Riviera contract we bought this summer, we couldn't say no. No points until 2022, but with two big WDW trips planned in 2021, we will survive

Last edited:
First time poster hoping to become a first time DVC member. :)

gobeavs8---$115-$20300-160-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 237/21, 160/22- sent 9/28

Think I paid a bit more than I should, but was really eager to get my first contract.
Nah, AKV has been trending up slightly (I did much the same but more $ per point on a smaller contract, which is usually how they're priced). Good luck!

JavaDuck---$199-$40520-200-VGC-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 0/21, 200/22-seller pays MF20&21- sent 9/28

We (me + @UrsulaWantsYourSoul )ended up putting an offer in on our first resale sooner than expected, but when this contract came available that matches the use year of our direct Riviera contract we bought this summer, we couldn't say no. No points until 2022, but with two big WDW trips planned in 2021, we will survive
Haha, 'Survive'. Love that.

First time poster hoping to become a first time DVC member. :)

gobeavs8---$115-$20300-160-AKV-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 237/21, 160/22- sent 9/28

Think I paid a bit more than I should, but was really eager to get my first contract.
I'm always reading these incredibly low purchase prices here, but I'm not sure its an accurate sample of the prices most people, who are not on these boards, are actually paying. I too felt that I had overpaid after subscribing to this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter