ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what there buying back. Is there any rhyme or reason for it. Mine was sent 7/23 95.00 for 160 at SSR.

From this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-exercising-rofr.3809652/

Saratoga Springs - 200 points @ $91 per point.

Saratoga Springs - 385 points @ $92 per point.

Saratoga Springs - 200 points @ $97 per point.

Old Key West - 220 points @ $81 per point.

Grand Floridian - 200 points @ $139 per point.

Old Key West - 270 points @ $89 per point.

Last edited:
When you factor in a specific number of points you might want, coupled with a specific UY, and a specific resort (maybe not SSR, where there are usually considerable contracts available), it never seems to me like there are a thousand resale options, all amazing deals. Considering the time it takes for these things to close, for me sometimes it’s worth it to just pay a little extra and get exactly what I want, without continually stalking all the sites and waiting for months.

This board is fantastic in terms of providing a range of the actual sales prices out there, but I also wonder if it establishes unrealistic expectations for the kind of deals available. I tried a few lowball offers on some recent contracts I bought, not insulting, just lower, and the sellers didn’t even respond. I wound up coming up, but I think the deals were still fair. Maybe I’m just not patient enough, or willing to keep offering less money on contract after contract until someone accepts. Seems like that process could take forever.
There are low deals out there, but to your point they can be a lot of work to find. IE I found a random BCV posting on redweek for like $62 a point. It already had a buyer when I asked about it, but those crazy low deals do exist. That being said they are very much out of the norm. Most sellers are using a broker who is advising them a fair listing price and when presented with a low offer 95% of sellers will just wait. There is always that 5% that looks at it and says (heck the final cost is only $1000 less than listing price lets just sell this and move on). Some of those may be people with financial issues, others (and Id bet a lot more then we think of) are the results of people getting divorced and in their divorce they just decided to sell their DVC and split the money. In a case like that since you are only seeing half of the total sale you may care even less.
But to your main point those deals are hard to come by and how much time does one really want to invest in searching for contracts that meet their UY and have the right amount of points, then make offer after offer until someone bites on it? Then wait for ROFR etc all in the attempt to save sometimes just a few hundred dollars over the average selling price. I am of the opinion that if it is a fair price and it has what I am looking for in a contract (ie UY, number of points, not stripped) I am not going to let a $5 price per point difference really stop me from buying it.

From this thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/dvc-exercising-rofr.3809652/

Have we seen any sub 200 point contracts taken yet? I think it may be a little more than just price per point, but if Disney is just grabbing points it would be simpler for them to do it on larger contracts (ie 200 point plus) since it is just less paperwork to do (ie less overall contracts to buy in order to get to what ever point number they are looking for).

Have we seen any sub 200 point contracts taken yet? I think it may be a little more than just price per point, but if Disney is just grabbing points it would be simpler for them to do it on larger contracts (ie 200 point plus) since it is just less paperwork to do (ie less overall contracts to buy in order to get to what ever point number they are looking for).

Given that both of mine that are pending ROFR are small (75 PVB and 55 AKL), I would also really like to know the answer to this!

Hope my contract at 160pts goes through hate to have to go through this all over again and if this keeps up price will go up

Weird. So we got 350 SSR points past at $88 the week before these were claimed and like I said yesterday, they took the 300 at $90. We just signed for another one - $94 for 300 points, has all of 20, 21 and 22. Here's hoping.

Weird. So we got 350 SSR points past at $88 the week before these were claimed and like I said yesterday, they took the 300 at $90. We just signed for another one - $94 for 300 points, has all of 20, 21 and 22. Here's hoping.

Fingers crossed for you! They took one that we were trying to purchase for 225 points @ $94pp. last week.

I honestly think the per point dollar difference isn't that big for Disney and likely someone just decided one day "hey we need 1000 points, so just grab some contracts today".

...and here I was searching for an Aulani contract.

Royal Consort---$230-$12397-50-VGC-Sep-0/19, 31/20, 50/21- sent 8/10

Using banking, this will get me onsite each year until I add on at DLH and then will alternate every 2nd year.
Oh, jealous!! Congrats! It's small point AND my UY! Where did you find this?!

I need to amend my VB post! Got a call from Jerry Sydow at DVC store yesterday that my contract does in fact have all of 2019’s points banked into 2020. The seller did not include these points in the listing so they are free bonus points for me! Hooray!

jhyland---$63-$8558-110-VB-Aug-0/19, 220/20, 110/21, 110/22- sent 7/7

Has anyone heard of anything passing today? I am waiting on one submitted on the 8th July, so hoping it will be done this week. I think the latest date I have seen coming back was submitted on the 1st July.

There are low deals out there, but to your point they can be a lot of work to find. IE I found a random BCV posting on redweek for like $62 a point. It already had a buyer when I asked about it, but those crazy low deals do exist. That being said they are very much out of the norm. Most sellers are using a broker who is advising them a fair listing price and when presented with a low offer 95% of sellers will just wait. There is always that 5% that looks at it and says (heck the final cost is only $1000 less than listing price lets just sell this and move on). Some of those may be people with financial issues, others (and Id bet a lot more then we think of) are the results of people getting divorced and in their divorce they just decided to sell their DVC and split the money. In a case like that since you are only seeing half of the total sale you may care even less.
But to your main point those deals are hard to come by and how much time does one really want to invest in searching for contracts that meet their UY and have the right amount of points, then make offer after offer until someone bites on it? Then wait for ROFR etc all in the attempt to save sometimes just a few hundred dollars over the average selling price. I am of the opinion that if it is a fair price and it has what I am looking for in a contract (ie UY, number of points, not stripped) I am not going to let a $5 price per point difference really stop me from buying it.
I agree with you. For me, its just not worth the time or stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter