ROFR Thread July to Sept 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't heard anything today. So frustrating! I'm waiting on a BCV contract sent July 6.

I'm waiting on BCV too! I don't see your entry on the first page though? Did you post yours?

Mine was sent 7/15, so I've still got at least another week or so to wait. Was hoping that they were speeding up wait times after seeing a bunch go by and getting down closer to a 30 day turn around - but it seems like whenever they get there, they take a few days off and let it "build back up" before going back to it. Very frustrating - hopefully Disney doesn't decide this is how they will do things moving forward to save a few bucks and discourage people from DVC re-sale.

I wonder if there are any laws that prevent Disney from taking significantly longer for re-sale versus Direct in the long term?

Oh, jealous!! Congrats! It's small point AND my UY! Where did you find this?!

I find my Sept and Oct UY tricky to find resale. I had wanted a few more points than this but small VGC Sept/Oct never happen.

This was listed by DVC Resale Market. I think it was only listed for a few minutes though. I was browsing, came back and refreshed the page and grabbed it. Plus, I am allowing myself to buy one contract per lockdown. This is our second lockdown here. I cannot afford a third.

Let's hope this passes ROFR.

I find my Sept and Oct UY tricky to find resale. I had wanted a few more points than this but small VGC Sept/Oct never happen.

This was listed by DVC Resale Market. I think it was only listed for a few minutes though. I was browsing, came back and refreshed the page and grabbed it. Plus, I am allowing myself to buy one contract per lockdown. This is our second lockdown here. I cannot afford a third.

Let's hope this passes ROFR.
Congrats! If you change your mind, let me know. I'll happily take it. ;-)

I'm waiting on BCV too! I don't see your entry on the first page though? Did you post yours?

Mine was sent 7/15, so I've still got at least another week or so to wait. Was hoping that they were speeding up wait times after seeing a bunch go by and getting down closer to a 30 day turn around - but it seems like whenever they get there, they take a few days off and let it "build back up" before going back to it. Very frustrating - hopefully Disney doesn't decide this is how they will do things moving forward to save a few bucks and discourage people from DVC re-sale.

I wonder if there are any laws that prevent Disney from taking significantly longer for re-sale versus Direct in the long term?
I haven't actually gotten around to posting all the details, thought I would just do it when it passes (hopefully!).

Aussie RJ---$130-$22477-160-BLT-Apr-3/19, 160/20, 160/21- sent 7/3, passed 8/10

Seller has banked 2020 points into 2021.

First contract to pass today, congrats!

Can you tell me, was there anything special that had to be done to have the seller bank your 2020 points into 2021?

Did Disney need to reapprove the contract or anything? I have a contract I am waiting on (sent 7/15), also an April use year and am thinking I may want the seller to bank the points for me because November 30th is the banking deadline and Disney has been so slow with rofr, estoppel, adding the contract and finally adding the points.

First contract to pass today, congrats!

Can you tell me, was there anything special that had to be done to have the seller bank your 2020 points into 2021?

Did Disney need to reapprove the contract or anything? I have a contract I am waiting on (sent 7/15), also an April use year and am thinking I may want the seller to bank the points for me because November 30th is the banking deadline and Disney has been so slow with rofr, estoppel, adding the contract and finally adding the points.

You may want to ask them before ROFR comes in as I don’t know if that change requires a new submission or not, I did the same thing when buying,...asked seller to bank as part of offer because I knew I wouldnt have them by banking deadline..Which I don’t!

I asked the seller to bank as part of the offer and had it noted on the offer.

Gotcha - thanks! I didn't put it into the offer, so may just have to try my luck and see if Member Services will bank once the points come through.

You may want to ask them before ROFR comes in as I don’t know if that change requires a new submission or not, I did the same thing when buying,...asked seller to bank as part of offer because I knew I wouldnt have them by banking deadline..Which I don’t!

Thanks - I am so close to ROFR that I don't want to change anything and "reset the clock". Wasn't sure if there was a way to ask the seller to do it after ROFR that doesn't impact things.

Technically if Disney comes back with ROFR within 45 days, and then everything else completes in less than 3 months, I'll still be OK for the banking deadline. From what I've heard though, since Disney is being so slow to complete everything - Member Services has been allowing you to bank when you receive the points too, even if it is past the banking deadline since it is not really your fault.

If you are past the deadline its unlikely.......

Direct they will.

I've seen others in this thread say they were told by Member Services that they can still bank since it isn't their fault that Disney has been slow to load points. I guess I'll see, worst case scenario - I'll rent the points or just take an extra Disney trip before April 2021 :)

Thanks - I am so close to ROFR that I don't want to change anything and "reset the clock". Wasn't sure if there was a way to ask the seller to do it after ROFR that doesn't impact things.

Technically if Disney comes back with ROFR within 45 days, and then everything else completes in less than 3 months, I'll still be OK for the banking deadline. From what I've heard though, since Disney is being so slow to complete everything - Member Services has been allowing you to bank when you receive the points too, even if it is past the banking deadline since it is not really your fault.

I had two contracts (our #6 and 7) at risk of closing after the banking deadline. It ended up fine - I was able to bank the points myself. However I had been assured multiple times that they would have manually banked the points for me since it's a new (to me) contract. Also assured me that it does not count toward the once per 5 years courtesy bank after the deadline.

But at this point just plan on 5 months close, and if there is any risk of missing the banking deadline, have the seller bank the points for you before the transaction is submitted to disney for ROFR.

I decided I might need to bank the points after a contract went to ROFR, and was advised to wait until it was approved to ask the seller. Otherwise the point distribution would not coincide with the contract sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter