ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was an interesting data point. Usually when you buy OTUP, you get your points from an actively selling resort. Aulani seems to be the most common, followed by Riviera. I bought a single OTUP to complete a reservation and they gave me an Old Key West point.

I thought this was an interesting data point. Usually when you buy OTUP, you get your points from an actively selling resort. Aulani seems to be the most common, followed by Riviera. I bought a single OTUP to complete a reservation and they gave me an Old Key West point.
Yeah that is interesting, maybe DVC figured out they could buy contracts and then sell the points to owners for a profit. Wonder if they will increase the amount of OTUP owners can buy from them?

I had VGC once. It was nice to have VGC showing as my imaginary home resort.😂

I've not gotten Aulani or Riviera when buying OTUP, but I have gotten OKW and VGC.

I have gotten them from BWV so I do think they give them from any they have in stock.

With it nearing the end of Disney’s fiscal year, is there a chance they wait on contracts submitted in the next few days y til October so the contract funds could come from their new fiscal year? There’s an AKV contract I really want but am very concerned it will get taken. I’m not sure if it being the end of the FY helps or hurts.

With it nearing the end of Disney’s fiscal year, is there a chance they wait on contracts submitted in the next few days y til October so the contract funds could come from their new fiscal year? There’s an AKV contract I really want but am very concerned it will get taken. I’m not sure if it being the end of the FY helps or hurts.

50-50-90 ;)

Are you asking if OTUP can be used at RIV? Good question, idk🤔
Unless things have changed, yes they can. But I also have direct points that can be used at RIV, so I don’t know if that “qualifies” my OTUP

I would think you could since Disney is selling them. You just wouldn't be able to combine them with restricted to stay there.
In this case, people with multiple resale memberships could buy UTUP within 7 months to pieces together a few nights at RIV if available.

Lorana---$145-$7760-50-AKV-Sep-0/21, 50/22, 50/23, 50/24-seller pays MF '22- sent 8/2, passed 8/30

Woohoo!
Happy for you. Although a little irritated also at the reminder of my current status. :p (I remember you sent this contract the day my contract passed ROFR, and here I am...still no closer to closing!)

Are the one time use points restricted like the contracts? Just wondering.

My understanding is that they can not, unless you have a membership that is already eligible to book there. But, if you only contracts are resale since 2019, then no, you won't be eligible to buy to book at RIV.

However, I have never tried as all my memberships have points that can be used there.

Is this an unusal delay in closing? Waiting on ROFR and i want to try to squeeze a trip in November on some banked points.
Have you seen November availability? There's practically nothing :-/ We are only a week or so away from ROFR results and know a DVC November trip just isn't happening even if we pass. We just paid cash for a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter