ROFR Thread July to Sept 2022 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on day 52 and all I am is just super annoyed. I’ve emailed my broker and they said they reached out to Disney but it’s been crickets since then. I don’t think there’s anything else I can do at this point but I have started bidding again 🤣 It’s BLT so it’ll probably be taken anyway.

I'm really sorry! Here I thought we had it bad. We're on day 36, waiting on a BWV contract. The seller and Fidelity missed a spelling error in the original contract, though, which slowed things up. 52 days is nuts!

Well, I suppose we could just leave mom/grandma behind. I think people tend to forget that an ex is still a mother/father/grandmother/etc. and that parents of exes are still your kid's grandparents. If you figure out what went wrong in your marriage, focus on those things you still have in common, and see the benefits of remaining a family and continuing to co-parent your kids, then everyone wins.

Props to you. My parents are long divorced. We’re not up to vacations but my dads wife is slowly getting him there. She’s already mandated my mom be invited to holidays for the grandkids.

My mom is no good at picking up any bills though.

I'm really sorry! Here I thought we had it bad. We're on day 36, waiting on a BWV contract. The seller and Fidelity missed a spelling error in the original contract, though, which slowed things up. 52 days is nuts!
I’m with fidelity too and so I can’t help but wonder if there was a mistake made somewhere and they are being hush hush about it trying to fix it. When they found the mistake were they proactive about letting you know or did they try to slip you a new contract to sign hoping you wouldn’t notice?

Have you seen November availability? There's practically nothing :-/ We are only a week or so away from ROFR results and know a DVC November trip just isn't happening even if we pass. We just paid cash for a room.
Don’t lose hope! We found out about our first contract last year around the second week of September, closed first week of October, got set up with an account mid-October and was able to book a 2BR at SSR for a 4 nights with some points set to expire during the week of Veterans Day for our daughter’s birthday. Obviously lot of luck involved there but still possible to book something!

Don’t lose hope! We found out about our first contract last year around the second week of September, closed first week of October, got set up with an account mid-October and was able to book a 2BR at SSR for a 4 nights with some points set to expire during the week of Veterans Day for our daughter’s birthday. Obviously lot of luck involved there but still possible to book something!
Well now you’ve gone and given me a chance!

I’m with fidelity too and so I can’t help but wonder if there was a mistake made somewhere and they are being hush hush about it trying to fix it. When they found the mistake were they proactive about letting you know or did they try to slip you a new contract to sign hoping you wouldn’t notice?
My husband got the amended contract with a brief note that there'd been a misspelling of the seller's name. (!!) I asked our agent if that would delay things, and she said yes, but that it wouldn't be equivalent to starting the whole process over again. That was 16 days ago.

I don't blame you for wondering, though! It does seem like something goofy has to be going on with yours.

My husband got the amended contract with a brief note that there'd been a misspelling of the seller's name. (!!) I asked our agent if that would delay things, and she said yes, but that it wouldn't be equivalent to starting the whole process over again. That was 16 days ago.

I don't blame you for wondering, though! It does seem like something goofy has to be going on with yours.
Seems to be a daily occurrence with them...

If received a point for every time Fidelity made a mistake I could stay at Grand Floridian’s Grand Villa tomorrow.

For those of you that have done this multiple times, how do you keep yourself from obsessing over your email? I'm on day 20, and keep hoping that maybe I'll be one of those recently lucky people that had a quick response. I don't think I've every watched my email so closely before and my husband just thinks I'm crazy.
I wore all the color off my GMAIL icon by clicking on it so often.

For those of you that have done this multiple times, how do you keep yourself from obsessing over your email? I'm on day 20, and keep hoping that maybe I'll be one of those recently lucky people that had a quick response. I don't think I've every watched my email so closely before and my husband just thinks I'm crazy.
Hang in there. Being on these boards helped me to cope a lot, sharing the pain with fellow addicts. Football season is about to start so you can immerse yourself in that? Get into fantasy football if you haven’t. Waiting for ROFR is hard. But I always found the post ROFR process to be more excruciating. It’s the pain we must endure to save some money. We’re all here for you!

Hang in there. Being on these boards helped me to cope a lot, sharing the pain with fellow addicts. Football season is about to start so you can immerse yourself in that? Get into fantasy football if you haven’t. Waiting for ROFR is hard. But I always found the post ROFR process to be more excruciating. It’s the pain we must endure to save some money. We’re all here for you!
I'm half way through the ROFR process (day 15 today) and I've just started to to check my email several more times a day and starting to sweat a little bit. It seems that, recently, if Disney is going to pass on it, you will know around the end of week three.

I'm half way through the ROFR process (day 15 today) and I've just started to to check my email several more times a day and starting to sweat a little bit. It seems that, recently, if Disney is going to pass on it, you will know around the end of week three.
TBH, and I know this might sound weird, but I miss the pain of buying resale. The hunt. Negotiating the deal. The wait. The constant email checking. The elation of passing ROFR. Closing the contract. Fantasizing how you will use these points. The joy of receiving membership number and seeing those glorious points load. Booking your next stay for the first time using your new contract. It totally is like the movie Inside Out for me. And the harder we had to work for it, the greater the joy and reward. Obviously, not all love this process and prefer the immediate satisfaction of buying direct. I used to be that way but I prefer this much more, especially when you get to save money and buy a property you really like, not something Disney wants to push on you. Hang in there. Just embrace the pain because it’s worth it!

I agree with HIRye above. And as agonizing as the wait was-and mine was awful, not just for ROFR but we had huge delays from our closing company back when I bought-as soon as it’s over it’s over. And it’ll be a distant memory, you’ll be using your points, and very happy about saving thousands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter