ROFR Thread Oct to Dec 2020 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooof! That's a long wait! I hope you hear soon. This makes me think I still have waiting in front of me, as I have an HHI sent 9/21 and VGC sent 9/25, and waiting is kiiiiilling me.
Our VGC is on your heels (9/30) so we're starting to slowly feel the pain. I'm hoping it's like 40-45 days not some of the crazy ROFR times we've seen - I might go insane. :-). We got this!

we sent a CCV in on 9/1, heard 9/30, closed last week, deed recorded Friday. We sent VGC 9/9, nothing. I don't think there is some nefarious plan.
VGF is resort they have been actively buying back at. Disney has every reason to let that sit if there is any chance they might need the points until closing date. They aren’t actively buying back at at CCV.

ddubaynavarro---$92-$18179-190-OKW-Apr-0/19, 190/20, 0/21, 190/22-seller pays 2021 dues- sent 9/28

Wondering if it will pass, at first I was really concerned... but I see a ton listed for 99 and less pp on dvcstore. I am not getting my hopes up
Edited to update points we are receiving, I was wrong.

Last edited:
Passed! Now I can't wait for DW to come home and see her new ears and announcement.

Crash8ART---$98-$16418-160-AKV-Oct-0/19, 0/20, 160/21, 160/22- sent 9/9, passed 10/27

Wow! Congrats on the awesome deal! Was $98 the list price or did you negotiate? I’m looking for AKV and the list prices seem to be in the $120’s/pt, even ones that are stripped.

Wow! Congrats on the awesome deal! Was $98 the list price or did you negotiate? I’m looking for AKV and the list prices seem to be in the $120’s/pt, even ones that are stripped.
Thank you, we are extremely excited. The list price was either $110 or $111, can’t remember.

I wonder why they are buying back GFV? It does not seem to represent a large percentage of direct sales according to the thread that @i<3riviera is running. For the first half of October, GFV was only 1.2% of direct sales.

Day 76 and my day finally came. Holy pixie dust we passed!

Jbreen2010---$98-$25899-240-SSR-Feb-0/19, 0/20, 480/21, 240/22- sent 8/11, passed 10/26

Today was actually our closing date & I talked to both Title and broker this morning. We had not received ROFR or Estoppel. I think some strings were pulled and they reached out to DVC again today to remind them that our contract stated today was closing....and POOOOF.

We got ROFR waiver AND Estoppel....both issued this afternoon. So I can close as soon as title company finishes paperwork.

Yay! That was a nail biter! Congratulations!

ddubaynavarro---$92-$18179-190-OKW-Apr-0/19, 190/20, 0/21, 190/22-seller pays 2021 dues- sent 9/28

Wondering if it will pass, at first I was really concerned... but I see a ton listed for 99 and less pp on dvcstore. I am not getting my hopes up
Edited to update points we are receiving, I was wrong.
So the seller borrowed all their 2021 points but cancelled their reservation and now they’re stuck in 2020?

So the seller borrowed all their 2021 points but cancelled their reservation and now they’re stuck in 2020?
I was trying to figure out what the heck they did, I'm new to Disney so I was wondering if maybe they rented some points out to make some cash because of covid. Who knows?

Seems like the thing to do for buyers going forward is just to insist on a 60 day closing for new contracts. That really should be plenty of time for Disney. Legally you have to give them 30 days, but anything beyond that is just mollycoddling a multi-billion dollar corporation at the expense of the little guys. Delayed closings are annoying for buyers, but you have to assume that they are a real financial burden on at least some sellers.

very good point. knowledge is power and we are now equipped with enough information to insist on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter