Room Assignement

poohs4me

DIS Veteran
When I called to make my reservation, I asked when I would know my room assignment. They said probably not til I got on the boat. Is this normal? I could have sworn people knoew before they got on board.

Please bare with me. I am probably going to have lots of questions before we sail.

No, not at all. I am using a Florida resident discount though. Could that be the delay in notification?

I'm a Disney Vacation Club Member, and we got our room assignments (2 staterooms) when we booked our cruise. I understand that's how it works for DVC Members.

Andy

Did they give you a GTY (guarantee) status for a certain category??? If say, they gave you GTY for a cat 9 it is not uncommon to find out your stateroom later, sometimes with your docs, sometimes at the port. They just just did not have cabin # to give you yet....no big deal.

It just means that they have "oversold" that category....but it also means that you are guaranteed to have at least that category, maybe better. Never worse.

MJ

Thanks for the information.

Yes they did give us guarantee status and when I asked about the room assignment they said all they could do was guarantee the category. She wasn't that nice and when I called back to ask they were less helpful. That is why I turned to the boards. I figure people here know better anyway.

How often does it happen you get upgraded and is it like booked 9 get 8 or is it higher? Is there a way to increase the likelyhood of getting upgraded? I will be fine with whatever I get but if there is something I can do to help I would gladly appreciate the information.

Upgrades are hard to come by...there is really nothing you can do to ensure you get one. Don't get your hopes up, because then you may be disappointed if you do not.

A GTY status is really not that big of deal unless there is a specific cabin you want....maybe call DCL and ask to be put on a waiting list, or keep calling to see if that cabin opens up. A lot of reservations cancel at the 60 day mark when final payment is due.

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter