• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Room upgrade wishes

We were at WDW in October, and had reserved a standard view room based on what we could afford (and were willing to pay!)
Upon check-in we were told we had been upgraded to a Savannah View room at no additional cost. Don't know if this was YOAMD or dumb luck, but we'll take it either way. My 3 yr old DS LOVED seeing the animals in "his backyard" every morning.

Just got back from a stay at POR. We requested (and paid for) a standard room. The room we were in faced a beautiful courtyard with a water feature - with a little bridge walkway, etc. The water wove around and was really pretty. Was this considered a water view room, and therefore an upgrade? Just wondering! :)

Before the YOAMD my DBF and I stayed at the CR (6/11/06) and we had just booked a south garden room. When we checked in I thought we were in the wrong room cause we had been checked into a suite. The room and our stay were both fabulous. :wizard: :wizard:

We had booked 2 Magic Kingdom view tower CR rooms Nov 28 thru Dec 2. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to 12th floor concierge. Before the trip my DH kept asking what were we going to do if the rooms weren't connecting. (since it's only a request) He had me worried we would have problems at check in. Then the pixie dust fell on us! It really made our trip extra magical.

I dont' know if its related to the YOAMD but we just got back from a trip and we stayed in the All Star Movies for a night and they upgraded us to a "preferred room" and then the biggest shock of em all...we stayed the rest of the time at the Polynesian (dec9-15th). I booked and paid for a garden view room but got upgraded to concierge Magic Kingdom View!!!!!!!! :faint:

:Pinkbounc

We are going to WDW for our first time on our honeymoon in 11 days and are staying at POP. Does anyone know if anyone is ever upgraded to a different and classier hotel??

We were at YC the beginning of December - we already had a standard view concierge room booked but on check-in they told us we were having a water view room ... and what an amazing room it was .... it was one of the 6(?) rooms directly over the rear entrance of the YC, with a totally unobstructed view of the Boardwalk, and we could also see Illuminations from our room. It was wonderful :)

We stayed at Yacht Club week before Christmas...Standard room..passholders rate. We were upgraded to a lagoon view , 4th floor, full view of Boardwalk and Epcot's fireworks. I love the Beach and Yacht Club....going back first week of Feb. and 10 nights in August.

we were upgraded in Nov.9th-12th at Wilderness lodge we had paid for a standard room nothing fancy, we we checked in they said concierge(sp?) level i gave her a look. she checked the computer and said it was a complimenty upgrade:banana: :banana: I think she was going to wet her pants:rotfl2: I will never forget that trip. It was the second time we have ever been there.

I had a reservation last month at the Contemporary for a Garden room, and got upgraded to a suite on the seventh floor with a balcony and view of MK. Everynight I a perfect view of the fireworks. I was there for a conference and by myself and I told the lady at the front desk that I appreciated it, but I would rather a family get the suite. She smiled and said they would, but so would I!

So its mainly people at the cheapest resorts moving to Deluxe?
Guess us being in a Moderate will be passed over...oh well...

When me and my wife went for the first time in May of 06. We stayed at the Poly and they upgraded us to concierge we where so happy.We where on the platium plan so I do not know if that had anything to do with it? It was the best trip of my life so romantic, relaxing and fun. We are gonig back in May of 08.:hourglass

This has nothing to do with YOAMD, but on our Honeymoon in 2000, my Husband and I were staying at the Contemporary as part of our Land and Sea Cruise package. When we got there, they told us that we were upgraded from the garden rooms to the Tower and they mentioned that we had Concierge access. They even called when we got there to make sure that we had everything that we needed as far as reservations and such went.

Of course, I hadn't found this board yet so I didn't have a CLUE what the Concierge Level meant and we didn't use the room or them at all. *laugh*

We were upgraded from standard to savannah at AKL last Nov/Dec.

We also got the year of a million dreams mouse ears at MGM one morning at Walt's One Man's Dream.

That was it for us and we never saw any one else get anything in the 8 days we were there.

I had a reservation last month at the Contemporary for a Garden room, and got upgraded to a suite on the seventh floor with a balcony and view of MK. Everynight I a perfect view of the fireworks. I was there for a conference and by myself and I told the lady at the front desk that I appreciated it, but I would rather a family get the suite. She smiled and said they would, but so would I!

That's an awesome example of karma!
good for you :thumbsup2

We just returned today from five nights at the BWI. We were not upgraded, but my brother-in-law and his wife checked in two days after us and were upgraded to Concierge and their room had a Boardwalk view.

This thread has not had any activity since Jan---I loved reading it--anyone had a dream upgrade recently?? Hope to read about more very soon...leaving 5-08 for our WDW trip!

I don't think it had anything to do with YOMD. But, when we went in Feb to OKW we had booked a standard type room and received an upgrade to a 1 bedroom villa!! We were totally shocked and totally spoiled. Next time we go we are going to try to swing the extra cost for the 1 bedroom again. It was so nice to spread out that much and have a full kitchen, laundry room w/washer & dryer, jacuzzi tub, separate shower, and a back porch!.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter