Rose Bowl game/parade (January 1st, 2024)

I liked it when HGTV used to show it commercial free. I managed to find it on Great American Family. They have Leeza Gibbons hosting, and they're showing the parade without ads.

If I had to watch it on network TV, I'm not sure I would watch it. Too many commercials and unnecessary chitchat.
We have Hulu TV, no channels showing commercial free unfortunately ☹️
I have been working all week and most of the year on the construction and floral of the parade float for our city, La Canada Flintridge. Look for the big hippie bus! My husband is sleeping inside the float on the route tonight as the watchman, and my son and I will meet him in the parade grandstands the next morning for the parade! We are all in this project! IT has been a fun but exhausting week, and I'm looking forward to the fun tomorrow! JUdging today of the floats...we are hoping for the Queen's award-best use of roses! Jan 2- Sleep and recovery!
Just saw your float! Really cute, loved the “groupbees” bus!! 😁

We watched on NBC. I was disappointed that they didn't explain what flowers were used on the various floats. Only thing I heard described was dog whose fur was made from flower straw.

Last edited:

I have been working all week and most of the year on the construction and floral of the parade float for our city, La Canada Flintridge. Look for the big hippie bus! My husband is sleeping inside the float on the route tonight as the watchman, and my son and I will meet him in the parade grandstands the next morning for the parade! We are all in this project! IT has been a fun but exhausting week, and I'm looking forward to the fun tomorrow! JUdging today of the floats...we are hoping for the Queen's award-best use of roses! Jan 2- Sleep and recovery!
Love your float!!!!

Many of the floats win some sort of 'award' but it is never clear to me if that is some monetary award or just bragging rights to say you won an 'award' at the Rose Bowl parade. Never heard anyone explain that in all of the years of watching.

The team with the most wins in CFB history against the one with the most modern championships. The most gorgeous possible setting in the oldest bowl game of them all. Two of the most iconic uniforms in American sports.
I'm getting goosebumps. Go Blue.

I tuned in right when the parade started. It was a great parade. I missed all the pre parade stuff. From the posts, it doesn't seem like I missed much.

I liked the hippie bus. You guys are a hop (no need for a skip and a jump) away from Pasadena. I love the Tournament of Roses parade. I noticed this year the floats were all a bit more compact than some years past. None had trouble making the turn this time. You got the Golden St. award if memory serves. But don't hold me to that. I liked Newport Beach's entry. That was fun.

Many of the floats win some sort of 'award' but it is never clear to me if that is some monetary award or just bragging rights to say you won an 'award' at the Rose Bowl parade. Never heard anyone explain that in all of the years of watching.
There are so many awards. We used to make up fake ones that sounded real for every float, band, and equestrian unit in the parade.

I tuned in right when the parade started. It was a great parade. I missed all the pre parade stuff. From the posts, it doesn't seem like I missed much.

I liked the hippie bus. You guys are a hop (no need for a skip and a jump) away from Pasadena. I love the Tournament of Roses parade. I noticed this year the floats were all a bit more compact than some years past. None had trouble making the turn this time. You got the Golden St. award if memory serves. But don't hold me to that. I liked Newport Beach's entry. That was fun.
Yes! We got the Golden State award. Very happy. We were seated in the stands at the very beginning. It was a fun day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter