RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
6am opening for DH during new year's week? so what time are we now gonna have to be at the park to get a RotR BG? 😥

Exactly what I'm wondering!!! BUT...with longer hours there must be more BGs available for the day?? Especially NYE, 6:00 a.m. to midnight

6am opening for DH during new year's week? so what time are we now gonna have to be at the park to get a RotR BG? 😥
Yeah, DHS opens 6am 12/26-12/31. Will be interesting to see what time the park actually starts admitting people...

So, thanks to the rain today I got on Hagrid with no wait at 1 pm.... which got me thinking.... I have a FP for Slinky tomorrow 8:30-9:30am, if it thunders, and Slinky is closed I get a teir 1 anytime FP....
Who thinks that FP will work on RotR?

There was a reference earlier about the quickest (relatively speaking...) tapstiles to queue up for. I believe the recommendation was a few away from the extreme right. Does anyone possibly have a photograph of that location that you could post?

I can confirm from going yesterday and today that I would recommend past security going to the far right along the construction fence then when you get past the ticket booths go a little further right but avoid the furthest two lines to the right. Each only had one tap point working, the sweet spot both mornings was 3-4 turnstiles from the far right. I was also with a stroller which would usually make things go slower but I was going much faster than the people in the two furthest right lanes

So, thanks to the rain today I got on Hagrid with no wait at 1 pm.... which got me thinking.... I have a FP for Slinky tomorrow 8:30-9:30am, if it thunders, and Slinky is closed I get a teir 1 anytime FP....
I regret changing my sdd to 8am to 9am

IMO best ride/experience by Disney or any other theme park operator both domestic and internationally. Beats Mystic Manor etc for me. The whole “experience” is top of the line. They hit it out of the park.
Wow, that's saying a lot. I've been to all the Disney parks worldwide, too. Love Mystic. Have you done Pirates Shanghai? That's an amazing ride, too. You're making me even more excited to ride ROTR in a few weeks.

I didnt know they gave out fp's if it thunders or lightning's for rides that have to close.:confused3

Well my trip is over and going home tomorrow. I really enjoyed this thread and sharing experiences. I feel like it added to the fun each morning. Here are my parting thoughts
- see post above about far right turn stiles
- Thursday arrived at 6:05, boarding group 35, ride called mid morning
- Friday (today) arrived 6:45, boarding group 65, called mid afternoon
- unless you have a reason that you want to ride in the morning then I see no reason to arrive before 6:45am.
- anyone staying around boardwalk I would recommend walking. My young son like watching the boats and I was seeing how long people were waiting and I’d say on average you are better off just walking. If the boat is already docked maybe you save a few minutes but if it’s not and you have to wait for it I think walking may be faster if you’re a fast walker
- if you have a little one that likes to wake up early and you can easily get to HS I would go just for the early open. Me and my little guy had a great time just hanging out in the park and eating breakfast together

good luck to everyone over the holiday season

Well my trip is over and going home tomorrow. I really enjoyed this thread and sharing experiences. I feel like it added to the fun each morning. Here are my parting thoughts
- see post above about far right turn stiles
- Thursday arrived at 6:05, boarding group 35, ride called mid morning
- Friday (today) arrived 6:45, boarding group 65, called mid afternoon
- unless you have a reason that you want to ride in the morning then I see no reason to arrive before 6:45am.
- anyone staying around boardwalk I would recommend walking. My young son like watching the boats and I was seeing how long people were waiting and I’d say on average you are better off just walking. If the boat is already docked maybe you save a few minutes but if it’s not and you have to wait for it I think walking may be faster if you’re a fast walker
- if you have a little one that likes to wake up early and you can easily get to HS I would go just for the early open. Me and my little guy had a great time just hanging out in the park and eating breakfast together

good luck to everyone over the holiday season

When you say arrive - did you arrive at 645am or were you in the park by then? We are aiming for an afternoon slot so trying to decide when we have to get there. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter