Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

Polar Express is just too great for words! We will need pictures of course. It sounds like a great weekend!

Polar express at union station downtown Chicago - roxyhubby work event! (It's nice they do kid/family oriented stuff for the holiday)
IMG_3023.JPG

They had matching Jammies for the kids. But I resisted wearing any of my jammies from home. Though I was tempted.

IMG_2996.JPG

They had letters to fill out and send to Santa but roxykiddo already gave her letter to Santa so she made one for me. I'm not sure if she thinks I'm 36 or 86 but she did ask how to spell cocoa!
IMG_3001.JPG

IMG_3022.JPG

It was a fun hour long trip on the train with golden tickets, cocoa (my Santa letter came true!), cookies and actors playing the different roles from the book/movie.
This is not an actor, this is a roxyhubby
IMG_3008.JPG
IMG_3011.JPG

IMG_3012.JPG

IMG_3013.JPG

Roxykiddo made a bunch of new best friends and at one point there was a kid who wasn't mine in my lap so it was kinda funny...like wait a minute...

They read the whole book and at one point roxykiddo got to sing the first part of Rudolph for the train on a microphone. She's a Christmas ham like her mama.
IMG_3018.JPG

We had a lovely time and the weather isn't freezing so all in all a happy start to the weekend. More running updates to come on Monday...so stay tuned :). (Spoiler -it won't be as exciting as free cocoa)

Fun busy weekend! Sending you lots of anti-coughing vibes :wizard:

They must have helped because it's been way better today. Hoping it's a good nights sleep tonight!

Loved going on this marathon-roller coaster of a week just now! So, so excited for your charity/marathon plans! Checking out your fundraising page stat! :)

Was definitely a roller coaster of emotions for sure.
I'm sure the actual race will be the same way...I just don't know in what order.

What a great activity!! Looks like a fantastic time! My nephew (he's 3) is obssessed with trains (started with Thomas-but now any train!) he would LOVE something like this!

That Polar Express thing looks fun! I love that they did that! Plus, you got your cocoa from Santa, so life is definitely good.

Enjoy the Blackhawks game! Maybe if it's nationally televised I'll watch and look for you.

What a great activity!! Looks like a fantastic time! My nephew (he's 3) is obssessed with trains (started with Thomas-but now any train!) he would LOVE something like this!

Oh then he'd be thrilled with this. They had conductors and big train model. Perfect for a Thomas fan!

That looks like so much fun! I'm jealous! Is roxykiddo a lefty?

She's a righty but switches it up now and then when she needs the elbow room at the coloring table. Her daddy uses both too. I rowed left in college but am a righty. I drink and eat with both hands! And that's more than you ever wanted to know :)

That Polar Express thing looks fun! I love that they did that! Plus, you got your cocoa from Santa, so life is definitely good.

Enjoy the Blackhawks game! Maybe if it's nationally televised I'll watch and look for you.

If I remember the last time you watched a hawks game I was at it became a goal explosion. So do that again please!!!!

I drink and eat with both hands!

I've been known to drink with both hands too (but NOT Coors Light!)
stonecold2.jpg

Sidenote: I was looking for a pic of those bike accessories where you just lean down and sip from a straw thing like a hamster. But then I found something to add to your Christmas list if you still need ideas..
fe61f910d501148ad8f69c0e5c97f0a8--wood-bike-beer-store.jpg

I just wonder if your knees would hit that at all?

I technically can also drink with no hands. :)

Sidenote: I was looking for a pic of those bike accessories where you just lean down and sip from a straw thing like a hamster. But then I found something to add to your Christmas list if you still need ideas..
fe61f910d501148ad8f69c0e5c97f0a8--wood-bike-beer-store.jpg

Hmmmm, that's a good point. Better get one of these instead.
threekegs.jpg

Both excellent options. My wife has a cool beach cruiser that is outfitted with a big drink holder and a bottle opener.
dc7315f0181aee7af6f8bbf098cf0a08.jpg

I have considered this for one of my triathlons though...I think I would make a lot of friends on the bike course!
bike-liquor-cabinet-funny-design-picture%25255B3%25255D.jpg

Both excellent options. My wife has a cool beach cruiser that is outfitted with a big drink holder and a bottle opener.
dc7315f0181aee7af6f8bbf098cf0a08.jpg

I have considered this for one of my triathlons though...I think I would make a lot of friends on the bike course!
bike-liquor-cabinet-funny-design-picture%25255B3%25255D.jpg

That redefines "giving it your best shot" during your race.

Also I need to go back in time to this August to our lake chalet and borrow that beach cruiser. (Heart eye emoji)

Jeez... I take a couple days break from the internet (not to be confused with breaking the internet) and....

YOU'RE RUNNING THE CHICAGO MARATHON?!?!
That is awesome and what a great cause! (I will definitely head over to your crowdwise page sometime today.) I am so glad that you are going this route- very cool!

AND... you went on the Polar Express!! That sounds sooo cool!! I am once again very jealous of roxykiddo :)

Jeez... I take a couple days break from the internet (not to be confused with breaking the internet) and....

YOU'RE RUNNING THE CHICAGO MARATHON?!?!
That is awesome and what a great cause! (I will definitely head over to your crowdwise page sometime today.) I am so glad that you are going this route- very cool!

AND... you went on the Polar Express!! That sounds sooo cool!! I am once again very jealous of roxykiddo :)

OMG I'M RUNNING THE CHICAGO MARATHON!!!!!!!!????!!!!

That's basically me every few hours when I remember what I've signed up for. It'll eventually sink in (probably around October of next year.)
I'll be clue-ing in a bunch of friends and family over the next few days as we attend various holiday functions. And it'll be interesting to see the mix of excitement and "that is a really long way to run."

And this reminds me that I need an actual Monday running update...I'm behind schedule!!!

Remember Me? A Monday Update on Friday
giphy.gif

this title + gif will only make sense if you've seen Coco

You know that feeling when you are doing ALL THE THINGS and GETTING ALL THE THINGS DONE!! Yeah, I'm DOING ALL THE THINGS.
But I'm exhausted. Happy...cause I'm getting all the things done...but I'm real tired y'all.

BUT........I DON'T WORK NOW UNTIL JAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So this is my new work related To Do list.
giphy.gif

So now onto my life/Christmas/running/momming to-do list.
giphy.gif

Haha, but it'll be fun because I love Christmas and I love being home.

So let's go back in time to this week and then look forward to next week.
This week was supposed to have some much more involved types of running and intervals and long runs, etc. But a few weeks ago I got slammed by the never ending horrible cold of doom. I have a tiny lingering throat thing still, but it's pretty much at bay. Billy took a weedwhacker to my mini-cycle for December and chopped off some weeks and just had me basically call a do-over. So it's been only easy small miles again. I have 4 easy miles on the slate for tonight. And the same thing for Sat and Sun which actually sounds like a nice little "me break" to look forward to. I'm going to physically feel ready for next week and I'll have all the time in the world to get it done....BECAUSE NO WORK!!!!!! 7 runs in a row on days I don't work...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
giphy.gif

Ok so here's the gameplan. Aside from tonight I'm gameplanning to get as many outdoors as humanly possible.
Thur: 4 mi EB + strides
Fri: Off - I am wrapping every xmas present ever including all the ones at Target I will be getting as early in the morning as possible :)
Sat: 4 mi EA - friendsmas party at night at our house!!!!
Sun: 4 mi EB + strides - xmas eve family party !!!!
Mon: OFF - SANTA'S COMING!
Tues: 4 mi EA
Wed: OFF
Thur: 1 mi WU, 10x400 @ speed, RI at WU, 1 mi CD
Guys, speed is 8:30...Let's see what happens!
giphy.gif

Fri: OFF
Sat: 5 mi EB - this sounds lovely
giphy.gif

Sun: 6mi LR - this sounds lovely
giphy.gif

I would like to report that I am now at 30% of my fundraising goal for the Chicago marathon. Because $160 covers the cost for 1 girl to participate in Girls on the Run for 1 full season, by the time I reach my min I could be helping 9 girls find the confidence, bravery, and don't-quit spirit that running has given to me. So I'll take that with me over this holiday break and I will work hard and have fun for all my runs and report back!! Which reminds me that I'm behind on updating strava. Where's my to-do list again????
giphy.gif

Ack! I'm going to run a marathon! What have I done?

P.S. If anyone has any tips for me for fundraising ideas...please let me know. I wasn't kidding about the bake sale :)

Congrats on signing up for your first marathon roxymama!!! Girls on the Run is a wonderful organization!
[DH and I volunteered to hand out medals at our local chapter's June race this year. A great experience! Would love to be a coach for them at some point in the future...]
As for fundraising ideas, I was part of a Relay for Life fundraising team for 2 years, and will PM you with more details and ideas so as not to bore everyone!!

Your to do list sounds like mine and I'd like to adopt that dog as well! Merry Christmas to you and your entire family!
anigif_enhanced-buzz-16347-1386791146-32.gif

Merry Christmas to you too! Let's share some virtual cookie dough!

Congrats on signing up for your first marathon roxymama!!! Girls on the Run is a wonderful organization!
[DH and I volunteered to hand out medals at our local chapter's June race this year. A great experience! Would love to be a coach for them at some point in the future...]
As for fundraising ideas, I was part of a Relay for Life fundraising team for 2 years, and will PM you with more details and ideas so as not to bore everyone!!

That would be great. I'm glad so many people have spoken so highly of GOTR. There's a spring 5k that I want to be involved with. Thank you for the offer to share ideas!

So right now I'm at kiddo gymnastics. Then target for teacher presents. Then run. Think I'm going to try watching my crazy ex girlfriend because I need a new show. Then sleep? Yes, then sleep :)
It'll be good to start my day off tomorrow!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter