Roxymama's 5k to Marathon, Time to Collect Another Castle

giphy.gif
I was trying to read your journal but all I got was this guy dressed a QWOP.

The first time I tried to run slow (aka Easy pace) I felt like qwop. Which is hilarious to me now because I have zero problems running easy now!!!! Like...just run slower...why are you trotting and getting all crazy legged???
Totally understandable. When I first started doing WU and CD paces I had to walk because I could not figure out how I was expected to run without falling.

Those have to be the coolest shoes ever! I can't wait to hear about their journey. Hope your family had a Merry Christmas and Best wishes for the new year.

The peacock shoes were from my cousin Carolyne and they have not yet been ran in. Too afraid to get them covered in snow or slush. But they need a name (calling @Anisum or @CheapRunnerMike or any other creative folks)
My current launches all have GOT (game of thrones) names and my marathon will be for GOTR (girls on the run) if that helps.

Here's my new xmas running haul.
IMG_3105.JPG

It's a lightweight rain shell, Bluetooth earbuds that actually fit my teeny ears, and alllll the chocolate (also my sis gave me narwhals socks so I had to include them in the pic)
Those are my feet in crazy fuzzy Tink-type target slippers from Santa.

Tomorrow is the big kahuna of runs for the week. The 10x400 at Speeeed. (Which would be 8:30!).
I CAN DO IT
I WILL DO IT
(I've forgotten if I'm talking about the workout or eating that chocolate?)

Merry couple days after xmas. Gotta get back to my basement karaoke party of two...

IMG_3104.JPG

Last edited:
If you feel like you can't eat all of that chocolate, feel free to send some of it my way ...
(I say this as if I didn't buy chocolate at Target yesterday and then more chocolate at the Hershey's store today)

If you feel like you can't eat all of that chocolate, feel free to send some of it my way ...
(I say this as if I didn't buy chocolate at Target yesterday and then more chocolate at the Hershey's store today)

I'm pretty sure these ghiradelli cookie crunch squares are made with pixie dust or pure cocaine or a mix. Not that I rewarded myself with two after today's 4 miles or anything.
Oh yeah, I ran Tuesday's run today. And ate tuesdays chocolate.

So I'm kind of afraid of all the peacock puns...might not be DIS-appropriate

peacock-blocked-meme.jpg

OMG...I mean...slow clap

Will it be bad if when I pacman chomp other runners I mentally think "peacock blocked". Because that's definitely going to happen now.

I was going to go with alliteration and do Paradise Peacock but I also like Rave Turkey since
201409_2018_gabdd_sm.jpg

Peacock Blocked is also hilarious.

Ooooh I like Rave Turkies. That's got real potential!

Maybe I can call them Race Turkies? And their superpower can be peacock blocking?

I realize my phone has autocorrected rave to race but maybe I need to leave that. Hmmmmmmm

OMG...I mean...slow clap

Will it be bad if when I pacman chomp other runners I mentally think "peacock blocked". Because that's definitely going to happen now.

Ooooh I like Rave Turkies. That's got real potential!

Maybe I can call them Race Turkies? And their superpower can be peacock blocking?

I realize my phone has autocorrected rave to race but maybe I need to leave that. Hmmmmmmm
Ohhhh Race Turkies is good too! Peacock Blocking is a very good term for overtaking other runners. Also for when someone tries to pass you but then doesn't have as much energy so you end up passing them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter