Royal Baby Watch Thread

I've just joined and someone else may have mentioned this, but the news outlets keep calling him "Baby Cambridge." I predict a surge in people naming their babies "Cambridge." Both sexes. :lmao:

They looked so happy! The UK & many other countries are blessed! Part of me wants to move over seas with all the nonsense going on here. It's great to see happy news for once on TV.

Really wish they had not gone so boring. So traditional. Would have been nice to have a Prince Spencer. Ugh

Really wish they had not gone so boring. So traditional. Would have been nice to have a Prince Spencer. Ugh

I assumed they would go traditional, but was hoping for something a little less...umm..."old school" than George. It's hard for me to relate that name to a young boy/teen/young adult. But, obviously, I'm not British or mother to the third in line to the throne, so what do I know! ;)

I assumed they would go traditional, but was hoping for something a little less...umm..."old school" than George. It's hard for me to relate that name to a young boy/teen/young adult. But, obviously, I'm not British or mother to the third in line to the throne, so what do I know! ;)

George I believe is 35th in popularity in the UK right now. So while it may not be popular here, it is very popular in England.

George I believe is 35th in popularity in the UK right now. So while it may not be popular here, it is very popular in England.

George was Queen Elizabeth's father's name. While I don't love it, I think it's nice to honor William's great-grandfather. He's very close to his grandmother and I would think she's very touched.

He will become king George the 7th.

I personally would have liked Alexander Spencer Charles Phillip after Diana Charles and Phillip or
Alexander Michael Charles Phillip after Kate's father William dad and grandfather

I'm actually surprised that Kate's side isn't acknowledged

He will become king George the 7th.

I personally would have liked Alexander Spencer Charles Phillip after Diana Charles and Phillip or
Alexander Michael Charles Phillip after Kate's father William dad and grandfather

I'm actually surprised that Kate's side isn't acknowledged

Well he may become King George VIII. There is rumor that Charles will choose George as his Regnal name and if he does then he will be George VII.

Well he may become King George VIII. There is rumor that Charles will choose George as his Regnal name and if he does then he will be George VII.

Actually your right Charles has already said he won't be King Charles. The 2 before him were not so nice. I believe 1 was beheaded

He doesn't want to deal with the name.

I'm hoping (if I live long enough to see it knowing the life span of that family) that this baby becomes king Alexander

I like George, and it was my pick, but part of me though they might call him by a more modern middle name like Alexander and then he'd use George when he was king some day. However, you're right, that George is much more popular in the UK so it's not as "odd" as Americans might find it. It seems fitting for a future king.

I'm not surprised Kate's side of the family wasn't honored with the name. This is the future king of England and her family, while very well off and presumably great people, are not royalty so naming this child is a whole different ball game.

Charles also has Arthur as one of his "middle" names, as does William, and he wanted to name William Arthur so I would think that would be a regnal name consideration for him someday...

George was Queen Elizabeth's father's name. While I don't love it, I think it's nice to honor William's great-grandfather. He's very close to his grandmother and I would think she's very touched.
Queen Elizabeth's father's name was Albert - Albert Frederick Arthur George. He chose George as his regnal name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter