Royal Baby Watch Thread

Congratulations to Wills and Kate (Robin too :hug:)!! I was hoping a girl for historical reasons, as well as sentimental... She carried like a boy, no question.

I wonder, if the Queen will allow Spencer? I like it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Cinderelly5507 said:
Any chance part of his name will be Spencer? :)

I'd be very surprised. British royals usually go with tried and true names, like George, Charles, Albert,Edward, Alfred, and Henry. I can't really see them breaking tradition to go with Spencer, no matter how modern Will & Kate are.

I'd be very surprised. British royals usually go with tried and true names, like George, Charles, Albert,Edward, Alfred, and Henry. I can't really see them breaking tradition to go with Spencer, no matter how modern Will & Kate are.

I like George.

Well, they can always have a girl next time.

I'm guessing Arthur or George for the first name. Would not be surprised to see Spencer as one of the middle names, either.

:banana:I'm so happy!!!!! She did it on my son's birthday!!! :banana:

Happy Birthday, Devin!! Mommy misses you!! :cloud9:

Not a chance that would have been approved by the Queen. As this is a direct heir the name would have to be approved by the monarch. Unless they use it as a 2nd name I can't see it happening.

I think the OP was saying that the name Spencer might be 'part' of his name. I don't think any of us expect the first name or even the second to be Spencer. I hope if they want to have that as part of the name it is approved.

I will go with everyone else with Phillip as a first name. Charles and William thrown in there somewhere too.

It will definitely be interesting to see what names they use!

Kelly

I think the OP was saying that the name Spencer might be 'part' of his name. I don't think any of us expect the first name or even the second to be Spencer. I hope if they want to have that as part of the name it is approved.

I will go with everyone else with Phillip as a first name. Charles and William thrown in there somewhere too.

It will definitely be interesting to see what names they use!

Kelly

Hmm I can't see it happening but it will be interesting to see what they come up with with.

I like James or Alexander as a first name...boys names aren't nearly as fun and fanciful as girls!

I doubt it would be James as the Queen already has a grandson named James. Kate's brother is also James.

I think the name will have Charles in for sure. Perhaps John as that was Diane's dad's first name.

James is Kate's brother's name, so a couple of the baby's middle names might be James & Henry after William's & Kate's brothers.

Also, her father is named Michael Francis Middleton, &, while Michael is not very "royal", Francis could be.

I would be very surprised if any of the baby's names are Spencer. Since this baby is 3rd in line to the throne, I don't think William & Kate will be "allowed" to play around much w/ his names. I think the name will be a very traditionally classic royal name, & Spencer is too modern/contemporary.

And, while I would like to see a nod to Diana in the baby's name, Spencer, for me, honors Diana's brother more than it honors Diana, & I'm not sure I like her brother very much.. don't know much about him, though.

Both William & Charles have Arthur in their names, so a lot of people are saying Arthur might be the baby's name. However, William was supposed to be Arthur, but, since Diana didn't really like the name Arthur, he was named William instead w/ Arthur being his 2nd name (William Arthur Philip Louis).

So I'm not sure that William (who reportedly loved his mother very much & even gave Kate his mother's ring) will name his son Arthur knowing it wasn't a a favorite name of his mother's. But I could be wrong, of course! LOL! I just heard a reported "royal expert" on CNN say that she wouldn't be surprised if the 1st name was Arthur.

I know a lot of people are saying George too. It's not one of my favorite names, & I like names w/ more than 1 syllable for first names. But, of course, it's not up to me! LOL!

I like Alexandar. I also like Nicholas. Philip is okay.

Alexander Henry James Philip
Nicholas Henry James Philip
Philip Henry James Arthur
Arthur William Philip Francis

Hmm... I guess I wouldn't be surprised if William, Henry, James, Francis, Arthur, or Philip were part of the baby's name.

Originally I voted a girl. However, today I've had the feeling A Boy!

My Dad was a Royal Navy Seal/Special Services WW2.

His name was George William, so I'm now watching with great anticipation,
;) here in Canada.

I posted this early this morning. Boy! My intuition was bang on. However, I should have went out and purchased that Lottery ticket, I've been thinking about too!

Hi from London! The mood here is very exciting! This is the best I could do with getting a picture of the proclamation...it was like the Magic Kingdom on Christmas lol. Maybe I will try again later in the week!

null_zps5f63347a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter