• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Rumor about “modified experiences” when Disney reopens (read 1st post for potential modifications being considered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lalala
I've heard of grocery deliveries to the resorts, why not coffee machine rentals? @yulilin3 - want to go into business? :)

I know years ago Disers had a refrigerator that people shared at POP. First guest bought it, left it at bell services, next guest on the list picked it up and so on. Not sure if they stopped that sort of thing but it was huge for a while.

We always order a case of water and a couple of the large Starbucks iced coffee bottles So I’m set. 05DF7C3F-8FCC-46F7-830D-127A499BFE9D.jpeg
I couldn’t deal with hot coffee in July so this works nicely for us.

I do hope we still get the free refillable mug with our dining plan regardless if we can use it on site. We love them for home too.

We always order a case of water and a couple of the large Starbucks iced coffee bottles So I’m set. View attachment 495155
I couldn’t deal with hot coffee in July so this works nicely for us.

I do hope we still get the free refillable mug with our dining plan regardless if we can use it on site. We love them for home too.

This is what I drink all the time! I like to make a grocery order, too, because I need half and half in it. My husband uses the coffee pot in the room to make tea. I don't think he would care too much if they went away, but I cannot see it being forever.

We might just drive next time and bring our own gear. It's nice to have the option.

Lalala

I know years ago Disers had a refrigerator that people shared at POP. First guest bought it, left it at bell services, next guest on the list picked it up and so on. Not sure if they stopped that sort of thing but it was huge for a while.

I know there were/are Disers that would do something similar with an approved fire pit at Fort Wilderness. It has/had it's own dedicated thread.

We never took advantage of it, but like the idea.

For the last few years, since luggage is such an issue on planes, I've been using Starbucks Via sticks. They only need hot water. I take my own mug. If we have a microwave, I nuke a cup of water. If we don't have a microwave, I either order room service, if they have it, and get a pot of boiling water or send the hubby out to get mugs of hot water. Some people may be able to use the hottest faucet water, but I can't do that.

This! I use the Starbucks Via sticks also. They have an Italian Roast that’s super dark for those of us who love our jet fuel in the morning.

We are DVC so able to microwave water to use with the Via. I use bottled/purified so the coffee tastes better than when using FL tap water. But when we’ve traveled non-Disney, I use an immersion heater in the water to get it hot for coffee. Empty in your Via stick and Voila! - cup o’ joe!

This! I use the Starbucks Via sticks also. They have an Italian Roast that’s super dark for those of us who love our jet fuel in the morning.

We are DVC so able to microwave water to use with the Via. I use bottled/purified so the coffee tastes better than when using FL tap water. But when we’ve traveled non-Disney, I use an immersion heater in the water to get it hot for coffee. Empty in your Via stick and Voila! - cup o’ joe!

I use the medium roast Columbia! Love, love, love it.

What kind of immersion heater do you have? Do you fly with it?

Yeah, I had to pre-order mine last month. It's unfortunate you have to wait, but it's much like the Disney masks that aren't shipping until next month I think.

Thanks so much, I don't mind waiting, just glad to know those are the same masks!

Thanks so much, I don't mind waiting, just glad to know those are the same masks!
You're very welcome! They aren't perfect, no mask is, but man are they way better than my other fabric masks. I'm going to get an antibody test tomorrow (I tested positive for covid 19 back in March, they are looking to see what my antibody levels are two months out), and plan to wear it to the lab and to run errands to see how it feels over several hours.

His birthday is in April and I’m not sure if that will still be too soon? It’s so odd to be stuck in this endless present! Also NYC school district has frustratingly not yet released the 2020-21 holidays school calendar so not 100% sure when school breaks are. Sigh. I was wondering if i should cancel and plan two shorter trips versus one 8 day trip like I’m planning now...
Hugs! It's so hard to be a planner right now! We don't have a school schedule for next year yet, either. heck, we just were told when our new last day of this year would be a week ago. It's a very odd time indeed.

Last edited:

I've used them backpacking. They're great.

Yeah, I had to pre-order mine last month. It's unfortunate you have to wait, but it's much like the Disney masks that aren't shipping until next month I think.
I looked today and a lot of styles are shipping end of July now.

I looked today and a lot of styles are shipping end of July now.
Oh wow! I was going to order more for DH and didn't do it yet, oh dear. That usually means they already sold all the ones in that style as they had alotted for a batch.

Oh wow! I was going to order more for DH and didn't do it yet, oh dear. That usually means they already sold all the ones in that style as they had alotted for a batch.
There are a couple shipping this week- I ordered last night. But yes, most are at least June or July now.

@yulilin3 mentioned before the Florida governor will be havin a meeting in Orlando with Disney execs and local officials on Wednesday

It has just been reported that VP Pence will also be at that meeting.

I think this week coming up we are going to learn a lot more.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/vice...to-discuss-reopening-of-theme-parks-and-more/

Agreed. I don’t think you call in the VP of the country just to have a chit chat. It’s a big operation that involves many moving parts, so I understand bringing in additional government leaders to discuss how/when to open up. I don’t think Wednesday evening we’ll have an opening date, but I think Disney will come away from those meetings with a hard target date they’re aiming for. Personally I think they already have/had a date (6/1) and they’re now looking at their backup dates

Agreed. I don’t think you call in the VP of the country just to have a chit chat. It’s a big operation that involves many moving parts, so I understand bringing in additional government leaders to discuss how/when to open up. I don’t think Wednesday evening we’ll have an opening date, but I think Disney will come away from those meetings with a hard target date they’re aiming for. Personally I think they already have/had a date (6/1) and they’re now looking at their backup dates

This feels like a publicity stunt for future advertising. I've already seen ads with the fly overs.

I read that Pence is also visiting a nursing home to deliver PPE while he’s here or something like that. Could be mostly for publicity. I do hope it means positive things for Disney and all of Florida tourism industry though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter