Rumor is REAL I eat crow!!!

DBorges

DVC Member
Yep they did do the ddp changes but good news for DVC members we can buy any tier of it..

To all the people whom I posted its rumor .I have this too say I was wrong it is not not it is in writting and official.
BUt it is not set in stone and is subject too change if enough of us voice displeasure over the newDDp I for one have contacted member satifaction team at DVC and put it in writting..

Let Mr John Garcia Know we do not like it ..

You know what they say the squeekey wheel gets the grease..

Once again Sorry about the Rumor Stuff!!!!!!!!

Has it been officially announced? I was just on the restaurants board and did not see anything. Where can I find out the pertinent info? Did they drop the appetizer? I was not pleased with the rumor. I would much prefer appetizer OR dessert.

Oh that's good. I was going to cancel and get the discount card if that was going to be the case.

Thanks for the update

Yep they did do the ddp changes but good news for DVC members we can buy any tier of it..

To all the people whom I posted its rumor .I have this too say I was wrong it is not not it is in writting and official.
BUt it is not set in stone and is subject too change if enough of us voice displeasure over the newDDp I for one have contacted member satifaction team at DVC and put it in writting..

Let Mr John Garcia Know we do not like it ..

You know what they say the squeekey wheel gets the grease..

Once again Sorry about the Rumor Stuff!!!!!!!!

DVC is not responsible for the changes. They came from Disney Dining. You can squeek all you want, but I doubt they will change it. My guess is they were losing money on the plan as it previously existed. People were always posting the huge amounts they were saving. So Disney cut it back.

I think the biggest loss is from Free Dining. Giving away all that food and tip i'm sure is hurting the bottom line. Paying full price at a value resort is not enough to make up the difference.

Were you told that DVC could purchase any level by MS? Any prices for the premium and platinum?

DVC is not responsible for the changes. They came from Disney Dining. You can squeek all you want, but I doubt they will change it. My guess is they were losing money on the plan as it previously existed. People were always posting the huge amounts they were saving. So Disney cut it back.

I think you missed MY point in my post if you are a DVC member you can complain to Mr Garcia He is our go to man(DVC )

AND yes if there is enough sqeeking I would bet Disney would change it .:wizard:

Also I think I will start a Rumor Maybe if we the DVC members make enough noise they will make a specail perk for dvc and let us have it the way it was..:banana:

Is there a link to the official change info?

I hate to say it, but the changes make it a lot less likely we'll add the dining plan for future trips. When you remove the appetizer AND the tip, the savings isn't that great. Not that we eat all the food they give anyway, but its always fun to try it out.

YEp we can buy any level now:banana:

No discount but hell it is a start.

I wouldn't expect a discount but think it is great that all levels are open to us.

The premium and platinum are especially attractive to golfers. But I think they could also work well for DVCers who want to do the tours, boats, etc. and don;t feel compelled to be in the parks all day.

Were you given prices? TIA.

I wouldn't expect a discount but think it is great that all levels are open to us.

The premium and platinum are especially attractive to golfers. But I think they could also work well for DVCers who want to do the tours, boats, etc. and don;t feel compelled to be in the parks all day.

Were you given prices? TIA.

ddp(basic) 37.99

69.99 for The premium

and you can add wine for 39.00 per room per day..

I may be off on the wine add as i did not realy ask about it

$69.99 is the deluxe not the premium. At least that's the price on Deb's site. This year the premium was $150 and platinum $200 on MYW packages from what I've read.

So no actual mention of premium or platinum?

I was so hoping it was a rumor! I guess we are done with the DDP. We went in May, I had a AP discount on Deluxe accomdations, With the DDE card we were within a few dollars of the DDP. Now, this was not on a points stay, so I am not comparing it to that, but is sure beats paying full price for deluxe WL and then the DDP.

We are an appetizer family not desert!

$69.99 is the deluxe not the premium. At least that's the price on Deb's site. This year the premium was $150 and platinum $200 on MYW packages from what I've read.

So no actual mention of premium or platinum?

'THESE ARE THE DVC ONLY PLANS"

The dining plan: 37.99 10 older 9.99 child {NO STATER OR TIP INCLUDED}

Deluxe plan:69.99 adult/ jr 19.99 child(STARTER INCLUDED) NO tip INCLUDED

Disney plus/wine&dine:39.99 per room per night and you need a plan to get it>

SORRY IT TOOK A WHILE TO GET THE ANSWER FOR YOU >>

The Preimum and Platinum do not appear to be sold to DVC which is consistent with last year.

(Personally I am considering writing and congratulating Disney. Maybe you won't have to make dinner reservations 6 months in advance if they quit giving away food!!!)

The wine add-on sounds pretty good. As long as the options are reasonable and not just the cheapest wines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter