Rumor is REAL I eat crow!!!

I don't know how the DDP that goes from 2007 into 2008 will apply to DVC, as I don't have experience with DVC.
A WDTC package would depend on if it is a 2007 or 2008 package. Whichever calendar year the package is for, that is the policy that package follows.

I also talked to MS today - and was told that DDPs were available to DVC. Just a point on the whole appetizer/dessert thing - I read this on another thread, but it makes a lot of sense - part of the reasoning could be the time factor. It takes a lot longer for a dining party to eat app, entree and dessert - than just entree and dessert. And to give a choice to each individual between app and dessert wouldn't solve a time problem - because some would order app and some dessert. Perhaps Disney Dining is looking to try to turn tables over faster in light of the incredible demand for reservations. Before DDP was a given, now I think we will evaluate it on a trip by trip basis...:teacher:

I called DVC just before they closed and I was told about the two plans avail for DVC (basic and deluxe) and the wine package. The girl I spoke to was very excited about the new offerings (deluxe and wine package) and gave me all the info I had read here.:banana:

We will be trying the deluxe in May and do a signature every night and either a TS breakfast or a TS lunch and use the snacks (2 per day) for the third "meal" (icecream for breakfast anyone? :mickeybar). Sounds GREAT!!:cool1:

I wouldn't expect a discount but think it is great that all levels are open to us.

The premium and platinum are especially attractive to golfers.
Were you given prices? TIA.
How will these plans help the golfers? I really don't know much about them yet. But DH is a golfer, and he'd love something to help (the DVC golf card only helps for those who golf after 10:00).

Gratuities are included for all Dinner Shows. :woohoo: That is some good news for us b/c we love HDDR and Spirit of Aloha.

When a family(2 adult, 2 kids) gets the ddp are all the members required to enroll or can you just take one adult and one child and share of the available credits? Just like everyone else trying to figure a way to play this out.:confused3

So does this mean that three TS credits per day are interchangable? In other words, you can use one for breakfast and two for dinner rather than having to use the breakfast at breakfast only, lunch at lunch only, etc.??

Exactly! You could do a character/resort breakfast every day and a signature dinner every night (using both your lunch and dinner credit). Then you have not one, but two snack credits you could use for an ice cream lunch. Well, that's what I would do anyway. You also could use snack credits for a doughnut or something for breakfast and eat lunch at SCI-FI and then dinner at California Grill.

There are A LOT of ways to use this plan. It's fabulous. If you like character breakfasts and signature dinners, like our family, it's completely perfect. After I got off the phone with WDW Travel yesterday morning, I actually emailed Disney thanking them for adding this plan. Something I have never ever done.

The gratuity is a bummer, but what are you going to do? At least the only cash I need for meals is tip and alcohol. When we did the dining plan last year we paid so much OOP for extra meals. The new Deluxe plan really is all-inclusive.

If you tip on the amount that the food would cost without the plan which is what most of the servers got with the present plan (not those at the non Disney owned placess) you will be adding another sizable amount to your daily cost expecially with the deluxe plan. I definitely don't see using the plan for long trips - might consider it for a 2 or 3 day one. We will probably be eating more off site meals as we no longer do the commando style park days and it was only the DDP that was keeping us from leaving and then coming back later or doing something other than the parks like mini golf etc. Prior to being able to get the plan we only ate at TS places once or twice in a 7-10 day stay so will just go back to that or maybe even use the kitchen when we have one.

Exactly! You could do a character/resort breakfast every day and a signature dinner every night (using both your lunch and dinner credit). Then you have not one, but two snack credits you could use for an ice cream lunch. Well, that's what I would do anyway. You also could use snack credits for a doughnut or something for breakfast and eat lunch at SCI-FI and then dinner at California Grill.

There are A LOT of ways to use this plan. It's fabulous. If you like character breakfasts and signature dinners, like our family, it's completely perfect. After I got off the phone with WDW Travel yesterday morning, I actually emailed Disney thanking them for adding this plan. Something I have never ever done.

The gratuity is a bummer, but what are you going to do? At least the only cash I need for meals is tip and alcohol. When we did the dining plan last year we paid so much OOP for extra meals. The new Deluxe plan really is all-inclusive.
We do. We rarely eat breakfast at all other than a quick bite in our villa. But for dinner, we are 80% to 100% at signature restaurants. We also do TS for lunch (coral reef, brown derby, whispering canyon, tusker house.) I'll have to crunch the numbers and compare to our out of pocket bills with the DDE (we tend to get 20% off at all of our meals based on the restaurants that we typically use.) We never ever eat off property. In fact, we rarely set foot off property when we're at Disney.

So, we could use 2 TS one day and 4 the next rather than 3 each day? I've never used DDP, only DDE. I really don't know the mechanics of it.

Like I always said if I was wrong I would say it and I did.

How many others would have the "STONES TO..

I have to say that people on the restaurant board were even talking about how adament you (not you by name) were that the changes would NOT happen. I usually don't even read these boards anymore, but I could not resist checking when I heard a thread got closed because of this. :goodvibes

The Thread was closed due to It going off subject so many times NOT from JUST ME

Also, DVC has nothing, nothing to do with what is or is not included in the dining plans. That is Walt Disney dining and the Walt Disney travel company you would have to complain to. The gratuity thing is a done deal-union contract between servers and Disney. No plan is going to include that for 2008. A lot of people are very happy with the addition of the Deluxe plan. Us for example! When I added it to my room only May 08 Beach Club ressie this morning the CM told me she has been adding it to packages all morning. She said lots of people didn't like the CS part of the old plan, but didn't want to pay for the premium plan with all the extras like water craft, and tours. She said this plan is perfect for people who love signatures. She's right with this plan you can do a character breakfast and California Grill for dinner all for only 69.99! Not mention the 2 snack credits you could use for soda and Mickey ice cream bar lunch! :thumbsup2 :mickeybar

YES but our vioce is one they would listen too as "OWNERS"

So, we could use 2 TS one day and 4 the next rather than 3 each day? I've never used DDP, only DDE. I really don't know the mechanics of it.

Yes, you can arrange your meals however you like.

But you get 3/night not per day. So you could do a signature on arrival night and breakfast on departure day for instance.

We never ever eat off property. In fact, we rarely set foot off property when we're at Disney.

We are the same way. We get in the Disney "bubble" and we dont leave until we have to! Can't imagine going off site to eat but that works for many people. We do have the kitchen now that we are DVC but I really just saw that as a place to make really good coffee and store cold diet coke, doubt that I would acutally cook a meal!!

The Deluxe plan sounds perfect for us so we will give it a try. If it does not work then we will not do it again. We like the pre-paid aspect and still expect to save some money as we would still eat at the TS even if we were OOP.

BTW, Disney is presenting the DDP (not Deluxe) as saving a guest 30-32% over the cost of OOP. I am not sure how they came to that percentage, I cant get those numbers to work on the regular DDP but I have not spent too much time on it.

How will these plans help the golfers? I really don't know much about them yet. But DH is a golfer, and he'd love something to help (the DVC golf card only helps for those who golf after 10:00).

Well, I said attractive to golfers. Not sure it is exactly a help although if your DH likes to be first off like my DH, it would be. The premium and platinum include unlimited golf including clubs, balls, shoes and of course cart. Lessons too.

Here is a link:http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/tickets/packageDetail?id=PackageDetailMYWPrem08Page

But it sounds as if only the basic and deluxe are DVC options. Of course I haven't read of anyone asking about the other two so who knows. But the premium is $150/person this year so it's not cheap either.

What's the tip on the DDE card???

Right now there isn't an automatic tip. Most people post that they leave the discounted amount as tip...ie 20%. But supposedly in the new contract there is a provision for an automatic 18% to be added to DDE bills so some people must have been stiffing the servers and tipping after the discount.:confused3

CarolA.... ITA !!:thumbsup2

Senecabeach and CarolA! I'm with you guys on this. DH is bugging me to make ADR's for MLK weekend! ADR's rank up there in annoyance with my sister asking me what the kids want for their birthdays/Xmas 180 days out!

Right now there isn't an automatic tip. Most people post that they leave the discounted amount as tip...ie 20%. But supposedly in the new contract there is a provision for an automatic 18% to be added to DDE bills so some people must have been stiffing the servers and tipping after the discount.:confused3

Like the servers arent' going to get stiffed with the 2008 DDP!

While it's true that Disney Dining is who I'd originally address my complaints to, I once had an issue with an upcoming dining reservation while staying at a DVC resort. I sent an e-mail to Dining and they forwarded the issue to DVC to answer my question.

In the future I'll make sure that there is no reference to DVC in any of my e-mails to Disney. They may still be able to pull that up if it somehow made it's way into my permanent record.

Like the servers arent' going to get stiffed with the 2008 DDP!

I know and completely agree. But from what others posted, servers make up a very small portion of the union and the rest of the voters must have liked the other provisions.

I wonder which the servers would have preferred...keeping the tip on the DDP or adding it to the DDE? I would guess the DDP but only because I would also guess more are on that plan than use DDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter