Sam and Mike's(well mostly Sam's) 10/29/10 non-prof photos Glad I did/didn't Update

Which dress?

• Dress one

• Dress two

• Dress three

• Dress four

• Dress five

• Dress six

Results are only viewable after voting.
Welcome back Sam. Your hair and makeup looks great! Patricia is such a doll. The invitation is very unique and adorable. I can't believe your wedding is in 3 weeks! So exciting! The green lantern/mickey yarmukle sounds so cute-post a picture.

It is close to lunch here and your food looks so yummy! Good for you on holding your own for the rice, it should be about what you want after all it's your wedding! Are you going with both items for your DP? We had the marshmallow squares and those are one of my favs.

Your hair was so pretty princess: I also love the invitations. How did you end up printing them up? What an awesome keepsake for your guests!

I had to chuckle with your comments on your classes. I teach at a community college, so I know how the types of classes/student population for each you teach can make or break your free time during a semester.

We ended up printin through vistaprint. They were really reasonable and quick. The quality was awesome. So it's 20 days away! Mike and I are working on the honeymoon activities and getting all the last stuff done. I had my final fitting and the woman at Davids was terrible. I had 3 fittings and beside the bustle the back wasnt fitting correctly. A hook in the back would have fixed it. But they took in the shoulders. At the second fitting it was so tight my pits were dying. She let it looser and this woman was really nice. So we booked another appointment when she'd be there. But she called out. And this woman was awful. The shoulders were still too tight an she had to let them down several times. She made me feel awful for wanting them looser stating how a wedding dress needs to be fitted. Yeah it also needs to be comfortable. After 2 minutes my shoulders were red. Finally she just let it back to the original length and added hook. Like my mom said to do so from the start. I almost had a bridezilla moment. I almost just said screw it and leave and buy a new dress. But I stayed calm and I didn't try it on the last time. I'll try it on later in the weekend because it hadn't of fit I would have left it.

Btw im typing this while waiting in line at six flags. Disney is so much better. And doesn't price gouge you.

Sorry there was so much stress with your fitting! I think of the seamstresses as the Divas of the bridal gown industry, they seem to just say and do whatever they want. I agree, you definitely need to be comfortable in your dress and if you want it looser, they should just make it that way, you're the one wearing it. I'm glad she put the hook in after all and I'm sure it will fit fine. ;)

It is close to lunch here and your food looks so yummy! Good for you on holding your own for the rice, it should be about what you want after all it's your wedding! Are you going with both items for your DP? We had the marshmallow squares and those are one of my favs.

Your hair was so pretty princess: I also love the invitations. How did you end up printing them up? What an awesome keepsake for your guests!

I had to chuckle with your comments on your classes. I teach at a community college, so I know how the types of classes/student population for each you teach can make or break your free time during a semester.

Thank you Vanessa! The first style was TOO princessy for me. But I really love the second one. I can't wait for the final get up with the hair, and makeup, and jewelry etc...

What do you teach at the community college? At least there must be some ambition for your students since they aren't forced to be there. Some of my students are so low...it depresses me. It's alright though. It's forcing me to consider my alternatives, which I always wanted to do. Right now I'm thinking some graduate courses in the spring, and maybe veterinary school down the line.

Sorry there was so much stress with your fitting! I think of the seamstresses as the Divas of the bridal gown industry, they seem to just say and do whatever they want. I agree, you definitely need to be comfortable in your dress and if you want it looser, they should just make it that way, you're the one wearing it. I'm glad she put the hook in after all and I'm sure it will fit fine. ;)

Oh Sara, it was so awful! I was this close to just getting a new dress. The shoulders were fine from the start. And I'm hyper critical about the underarm area. I have hyperhidrosis, meaning I just sweat all the time for no reason, hot, cold, whatever. I've gone for all the treatments before: prescription antiperspirants, ionic treatments, even botox injections! I haven't done the botox in a while since the last time the doctor (a family friend) injected it poorly, and I ended up at the hospital with difficulty breathing. But all I kept worrying about was sweating on my dress and it was almost giving me a panic attack. I'm actually considering doing the botox injections before the wedding so relieve that fear...also sweating stinks (literally and figuratively :lmao:) I'm glad they put the shoulders back to normal and just fixed the back.

As for jewelry, my mom found this awesome site where you rent really expensive jewelry for the cost of normal c.z. jewelry. They are calling me tomorrow to suggest which ones would work best.

www.adorn.com

Thank you Vanessa! The first style was TOO princessy for me. But I really love the second one. I can't wait for the final get up with the hair, and makeup, and jewelry etc...

What do you teach at the community college? At least there must be some ambition for your students since they aren't forced to be there. Some of my students are so low...it depresses me. It's alright though. It's forcing me to consider my alternatives, which I always wanted to do. Right now I'm thinking some graduate courses in the spring, and maybe veterinary school down the line.

Oh Sara, it was so awful! I was this close to just getting a new dress. The shoulders were fine from the start. And I'm hyper critical about the underarm area. I have hyperhidrosis, meaning I just sweat all the time for no reason, hot, cold, whatever. I've gone for all the treatments before: prescription antiperspirants, ionic treatments, even botox injections! I haven't done the botox in a while since the last time the doctor (a family friend) injected it poorly, and I ended up at the hospital with difficulty breathing. But all I kept worrying about was sweating on my dress and it was almost giving me a panic attack. I'm actually considering doing the botox injections before the wedding so relieve that fear...also sweating stinks (literally and figuratively :lmao:) I'm glad they put the shoulders back to normal and just fixed the back.

As for jewelry, my mom found this awesome site where you rent really expensive jewelry for the cost of normal c.z. jewelry. They are calling me tomorrow to suggest which ones would work best.

www.adorn.com

Oooh awesome find with adorn! Looks great. It took me AGES to find the right necklace, way longer than the right dress.

I am sorry about the whole alterations nightmare. I have to go get mine done soon and I am a bit scared. I am glad it all ended up well in the end though!

Oooh awesome find with adorn! Looks great. It took me AGES to find the right necklace, way longer than the right dress.

I am sorry about the whole alterations nightmare. I have to go get mine done soon and I am a bit scared. I am glad it all ended up well in the end though!

Well I actually need help with my jewelry! And I'm sure your fittings will go better than mine! At least I hope so!

I do need help with the jewelry. I narrowed it down to 3 choices. So ladies, please help!!

I included the hairpiece and the dress.

Thank you! :hug:

I like choice number 3 cause it has a touch of gold like your hairpiece so itll go great with the dress as well

I vote for 1 with 3 as a close second... that sounded sooo convoluted lol :rotfl2:

Hi! Just joining in and loving everything!

My pick is for #3 as well. It has a nice touch of yellow/gold to go with your head band but it isn't overwhelming everything else you've got going on.

Can't wait to see everything after your wedding. popcorn::

that's awful that she made you feel so uncomfortable and especially since you're self conscious about that area as it is. That's really scary that the last time you did the botox you had to go to the hospital, I'm not sure I'd want to risk it that close to the wedding. Have you thought of adding those "sweat guards" to the inside of your dress? They are small pieces of cotton I think, but it might make you feel less self conscious.

Oooh the jewelry is so pretty. I vote for #1 but possibly without the necklace, just earrings and bracelet. I also really like 3.

yay updates!! :goodvibes

LOVE your makeup/hair trial photos! Your headband looks amazing and matches your dress and hair style perfectly. I'm sorry to hear about your alterations disaster at Davids :headache: I didn't have a great time there either so I can sympathize! I hope that when you go back to try it on it fits right this time!

My vote is for the 3rd jewelry set. Looks stunning with your dress - the coloration is perfect. :lovestruc very cool website!

Wow, so many updates! All that foot makes me hungry. LOL!

Your hair trial came out beautiful and the invites are a riot! Love them! I think that #3 is the best for your dress. I like #1 too, but without the necklace.

Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see it all put together.

I like choice number 3 cause it has a touch of gold like your hairpiece so itll go great with the dress as well

Thanks! My headband has been the biggest pain, since it's not really silver but not really gold either! :confused:

I vote for 1 with 3 as a close second... that sounded sooo convoluted lol:

:thumbsup2 It's ok. I sound very convoluted all the time. So I got ya!

Hi! Just joining in and loving everything!

My pick is for #3 as well. It has a nice touch of yellow/gold to go with your head band but it isn't overwhelming everything else you've got going on.

Can't wait to see everything after your wedding. popcorn::

Welcome! :goodvibes I'm glad you are enjoying my thread. I can't wait to post everything afterward. I promise I won't go MIA (barring any kitty illness :headache:) after the wedding.

that's awful that she made you feel so uncomfortable and especially since you're self conscious about that area as it is. That's really scary that the last time you did the botox you had to go to the hospital, I'm not sure I'd want to risk it that close to the wedding. Have you thought of adding those "sweat guards" to the inside of your dress? They are small pieces of cotton I think, but it might make you feel less self conscious.

Oooh the jewelry is so pretty. I vote for #1 but possibly without the necklace, just earrings and bracelet. I also really like 3.

I've really tried everything when it comes to the sweating. It's awful. I am nervous about the treatments, but I only went to the hospital because DF forced me to go and they did were tests (which were all negative) and gave an ant-inflammatory shot in my bum! :eek:. It did resolve on its own. I just really don't want to panic attack about it during the wedding (and I don't want to be knocked out on xanax either) #1 is so beautiful, very princessy.
yay updates!! :goodvibes

LOVE your makeup/hair trial photos! Your headband looks amazing and matches your dress and hair style perfectly. I'm sorry to hear about your alterations disaster at Davids :headache: I didn't have a great time there either so I can sympathize! I hope that when you go back to try it on it fits right this time!

My vote is for the 3rd jewelry set. Looks stunning with your dress - the coloration is perfect. :lovestruc very cool website!

I know Wendy! I was gone forever it felt like. Ugh to Davids. One woman was awesome but the others were terrible! My mom found the Adorn website. It does seem like an ingenuous idea.

Wow, so many updates! All that foot makes me hungry. LOL!

Your hair trial came out beautiful and the invites are a riot! Love them! I think that #3 is the best for your dress. I like #1 too, but without the necklace.

Good luck with everything! I can't wait to see it all put together.

Haha, the food was so good! But there was so much. It felt like a huge waste. Especially since I ordered some items specifically for Mike and he wasn't able to be there. I'm glad you liked the invites. They are so "us" I had sweatshirts and tees made with the design for the trip (and in general) and coffee mugs for our desks, and a pen, and we're actually getting a canvas print of it to hang in our living room. I'm sure some people didn't get it, but I love it and so does Mike and we're a bunch of weirdos together. :cool1:

I'm glad everyone liked 3, because that's what I ordered. I had a phone consultation with adorn, and they were wonderful. I would totally recommend their services, based on my phone conversation with Nadine, who also made some combos for me with the dress...which led me to making my own combination of those earrings and the bracelet. I can't believe I'll be wearing jewelry which retails for more than the cost of my wedding :eek: but I think I'll feel like a princess. I really liked the first set (which was one of Nadine's) but it was too princessy for me. The second set felt very Snow White to me, but I really like the style of the bracelet and the earrings, which are pale yellow diamonds, really mix well with the yellowish tint of the headband. Yay!:yay:

Pretty :cloud9: As for other news, 2 weeks for today we'll be in Disney! :woohoo: The only thing I'm worried about is leaving our little kitties. But I know we have to... :( I feel like all I've done for the past 2 weeks is order our last minute items. I've received Mike's socks (superhero socks, like the flash) I'm going to use a yellow sharpie to color in the lightning bolt

(And no, those are not Mike's hairy legs)

My garter (I had ordered a DNA one through etsy, but it never really worked out) Mike is a huge NJ Devils fan. I wasn't going to do a garter since I'm wearing spanx shorts under my dress (i'm super neurotic about wearing shorts under dresses and this was the compromise between Mom and me) But she said I had to either wear a veil or a garter so I chose the garter.

And our guestbook. We are doing the thumbprint tree. And instead of love birds they are drawing into 2 cats for Mike's and my thumbprints.

(We haven't received ours yet, this is the pic from etsy)

We also received the parasols, which worried me for a while since they were out of stock until 9/23. :scared1:

They are actually really nice quality.

And now we are still in the debate over favors...and almost 2 weeks away. We had originally wanted the personalized mickey ears, but they were expensive ($18 pp). So then I talked my mom into doing the food and wine festival giftcards. I had thought we'd do like $5-7, but my mom figured $10. Which isn't *that* much cheaper than the ears, plus we'd have to make this cards to go with them (Like "Eat, Drink and Be Married"), and then we deal with the whole yarmulke issue. So now my mom is saying we can do the ears and I think Mike really wants to do them...so we'll probably cave in and do them :upsidedow Oh and I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but we also caved in and added the carving station for sirloin to the menu. My dad said we needed beef. popcorn::

Now I need to order some wedding sand for the ceremony. I think that's the last thing I need to order, unless we are buying cufflinks for the groomsmen. We order a pair of DNA ones for Mike and had purchased a pair of musical notes for the best man.

So now we're debating to get ones for the all guys (will they use them?) or just my Man of honor (Giants or Green Lantern??) For gifts for the bridal party we bought earrings for the girls and the ties for the guys. Should we buy more? We're running a little low on the wedding funds and moneys a little tight seeing as how we're teachers and didn't get paid all summer and had lots of expenses (cat, house, etc...) And we are planning all our honeymoon stuff. We're crazy, we're trying to find a place to skydive in Hawaii. We've gone before, but would love to do it in Hawaii, or hang glide, or repel down waterfalls. Haha, we sound extreme...I'm going to go drink a Mountain Dew :rotfl:

Hi Sam. Love all the updates. I am so sorry you had to deal with all the stress of your fitting. Is there anyway you can just go to a regular cleaners or tailor if need be? Everything else looks great! Even though I am a Ranger fan-grrr...-cute idea with the devils garter. I did a yankees garter and my hubby loved it. I think earrings for the girls and ties for the boys are fine. I have been in a bunch of wedding and have always gotten jewlery whether it be earrings, a necklace or whatever and I always end up wearing it at some point. I gave my MOH a swarvoski necklace and she wears it all the time. I think you are fine.

geez how did I fall so behind?! Well I know I'm late on this...but I love how your hair came out! It works so well with your headpiece. Great choice on your jewelry its really pretty. I especially like the bracelet.

Those socks are AWESOME! hahaha. I really love that you got those for your DF.

the thumbprint tree is a really different! I've never seen that before. what color ink are you using? The parasols are cute! We used one in our photo session and it was a lot of fun.

those cufflinks are great. I think that jewelry for the girls and ties for the guys are plenty.

I think its awesome that you want to do something like that on your honeymoon! I would love to skydive or hang glide but DH is scared of heights so....it will probably be a while before I can find someone to do it with me!

Everything sounds great. Do you feel ready? Getting excited?

Thanks steph! I'm glad you think the jewelry and ties are enough. Maybe we'll treat for the rehearsal breakfast as well. Sorry I can't multiquote. I'm using the eticket app on my iPhone. And I guess it's ok you're a rangers fan (boo!). I'm not against the rangers or islanders. I just feel if you are from nj, like me, it's better to support your team. And they were good recently. Not so much right not. It's a jersey thing (haha anyone watch south park this week)

geez how did I fall so behind?! Well I know I'm late on this...but I love how your hair came out! It works so well with your headpiece. Great choice on your jewelry its really pretty. I especially like the bracelet.

Those socks are AWESOME! hahaha. I really love that you got those for your DF.

the thumbprint tree is a really different! I've never seen that before. what color ink are you using? The parasols are cute! We used one in our photo session and it was a lot of fun.

those cufflinks are great. I think that jewelry for the girls and ties for the guys are plenty.

I think its awesome that you want to do something like that on your honeymoon! I would love to skydive or hang glide but DH is scared of heights so....it will probably be a while before I can find someone to do it with me!

Everything sounds great. Do you feel ready? Getting excited?

Haha! Im glad you caught up. I was Mia forever and then did like 5 big postings really quickly. I'm making up for lost time. I have less than 2 weeks and then it's no longer a pj but a tr! I'm getting very excited but very nervous as well. We are getting a little sad that we have to leave our kitties for almost 2 weeks but happy to get away. We both are getting stressed. Lots of last minute things to do. Need to make the pin trading kits. Need to ship things to Carol. Our rings aren't in yet. I need to get my engagement ring resized. Stupid brevard county. Apparently you need not only the marriage certificate application but there is an additional affidavit stating that you are a woman and your df is a man that needs to be sent it and the only told me emailed this on wednesday. So we signed it and has it notarized (my mom became one) and then overnighted it Thursday). Well the woman didn't get it because I shipped it to the po box which is the mailing address listed on the site. But then she told me the overnight mailing address... Which would have come in handy when she told me I should overnight it!!! Ugh! And I had to send them an overnight envelope so I could get back in time. So there's $40. And that was my rant. :)

We also still need to get a hairpiece for my niece and some trip stuff for df and me

I am glad you like the socks. Df is a big flash fan so I knew he'd love them.

Yay, you're so close now! I love the guestbook idea and how you incorporated cats into it! I think that will be a great thing to hang up in your home after the wedding.

Great choice on the jewelry, I'm sure it will look great.

I hope it works out with the marriage license. If it makes you feel better we were cutting it really close and had to send them an overnight envelope too. We did get everything back in time, so hopefully it works out the same for you. ;)

Yay, you're so close now! I love the guestbook idea and how you incorporated cats into it! I think that will be a great thing to hang up in your home after the wedding.

Great choice on the jewelry, I'm sure it will look great.

I hope it works out with the marriage license. If it makes you feel better we were cutting it really close and had to send them an overnight envelope too. We did get everything back in time, so hopefully it works out the same for you. ;)

Thanks Sara. I'm sure the license will come in fine. It's just frustrating! I'm glad it worked out for you.

Of course now, there is major ring drama. A long time ago, I found the ring I loved. And I found a place in New York that had the ring and had it at a decent price. So we finally ordered it last month (yes we had procrastinated). The store custom makes their orders, so even though the site states the ring is sold between sizes 5-9, I had asked, and was assured that I could get the ring in a size 4.25. So Friday it finally came in, and of course, we weren't home so we had to go to Fedex on Saturday morning to pick it up. And we did, and then quickly ripped open the package once we returned to the car...and the ring was gorgeous...but ginormous (compare to my baby fingers). We freaked :scared1: I had needed to get my engagement ring sized for my right hand (and it was always a little big) so I figured before we start beating ourselves up, let's go to jeweler and see what the actual size is. The jeweler was able to size my ring immediately (down to a 3.75! :eek:) and the wedding ring was at least a 5. A 5! The store was closed over the weekend so I have to call tomorrow. We hope we can go to NYC tomorrow, return the ring, and they've stated before it takes 5-10 days for an order, so they will make the ring, and we can return next Monday to pick it up (this way bypassing shipping delays). Because we are leaving next Tuesday :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

There was more drama this weekend but the ring is the biggest thing. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. :cool2:

omg almost one week!!! craaaazy. Ugh I'm sorry about all those form problems. thats a huge pain. I do think its kind of funny you had to state that your a woman and he is a man.....I mean i'm sure things have happened that made them do the form but....its kind of random.

so sorry about the ring drama!! ugggh thats really annoying. I hope things got fixed.

I hope things have settled down for you and you can just be excited and happy to go!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter